• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Razorskin

----- ------
gz5Id.gif

found on something awful :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
ALRIGHT, I just got home, seemed I truly missed something. If anyone has a source where I can get the full game on torrent/somehow, I will be eternally grateful, please hit me up with a PM.

Also, I love you guys for providing me with the most awesome play-by-play imaginable, the reactions were priceless. :D Seems like Pittsburgh has brought shitloads of shame to the league, I can't wait for all the reactions to the game. (Imagine they were playing against Torts, sweet jesus)

PS: WHERE DID ALL THESE PENGUIN GIFS COME FROM?!?

Coins

Banned
ALRIGHT, I just got home, seemed I truly missed something. If anyone has a source where I can get the full game on torrent/somehow, I will be eternally grateful, please hit me up with a PM.

Also, I love you guys for providing me with the most awesome play-by-play imaginable, the reactions were priceless. :D Seems like Pittsburgh has brought shitloads of shame to the league, I can't wait for all the reactions to the game. (Imagine they were playing against Torts, sweet jesus)

PS: WHERE DID ALL THESE PENGUIN GIFS COME FROM?!?

Here you go. This is all you need to know.
Part 1

Part 2

Cactus

Banned
Who did you pick to win these series?

ibhfD0r7ZsSTS7.gif

I'm a regular hockey fan. I'm fully aware that my picks are no better than anyone else's. These guys are paid to accurately predict the best teams and they regularly get beaten by trained monkeys and video game simulations.

Plus, my other picks are looking pretty good so far :p

Socreges

Banned
I'm a regular hockey fan. I'm fully aware that my picks are no better than anyone else's. These guys are paid to accurately predict the best teams and they regularly get beaten by trained monkeys and video game simulations.
Totally agreed. Just had to post that gif.

Cactus said:
Plus, my other picks are looking pretty good so far :p
Isn't every other series two games through tied 1-1? ....or maybe that's your point.

Smiley90

HOLY FUCK that play by Asham was ridiculously dirty, that has to be at least 5 games. Too bad Pens won't have 5 more playoff games, so I'm actually hoping it'll be more. Fuck that was dirty.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not gonna lie, I fell for the Crosby hype...
The Pens / Habs series proved to me that Malkin and Crosby can be managed, and Fleury flops in big games, that's why I took Philly over Pittsburgh. As much as I don't like the guy Briere is a performer, and is outplaying that little bitch Crosby and his sidekick Lurch, it doesn't matter how much hardware you get in the regular season if you can pick it up when it really matters.

Alucard

Banned
The Pens / Habs series proved to me that Malkin and Crosby can be managed, and Fleury flops in big games, that's why I took Philly over Pittsburgh. As much as I don't like the guy Briere is a performer, and is outplaying that little bitch Crosby and his sidekick Lurch, it doesn't matter how much hardware you get in the regular season if you can pick it up when it really matters.

malkin_connsmythe540.jpg

?

There seems to be a phenomenon right now where the kids win it all early (Patrick Kane, Toews, Crosby, Malkin, etc.) and then they just don't seem to get to that level anymore.

They're not real winners. Real winners win it all, and then they want to win it all again.

bardia

Teams are playing a lot more differently this year in the play offs compared to last year. Feels like I'm watching a bunch of Boston Bruins facing each other.

ShaneB

Won't pay much attention to the Devils/Panthers game, but certainly hope the Panthers show up and tie the series. it's definitely the forgotten series.

Alucard

Banned
How many points did he have against Montreal? How many points does he have now? He's going to have to keep looking back at that Conn Smythe when he's alone at home after getting swept and doing shit all.

He's got a Cup and a playoff MVP award. I'm sure he'll be looking back on his career with more smiles than any guy who started with the Habs.

And Crosby has 5 points in 3 games. He led the Pens out of the gate in the first two games. He's been doing fine.

The problem is not simple. There are many factors right now.

a) The Flyers are a fast team, and can blow by the Pens' D.
b) The Pens' D has been shaky.
c) Fleury has been a sieve.
d) Malkin has been contained.
e) The Pens haven't been able to adjust to the Flyers.

I'm aware of the Pens' problems.

Smiley90

K, watching the replays of the goals, 2 things:

lololo at Bryz and MAF, some weak goals there. (first Flyers goal and last Pittsburgh goal especially)

Why did MAF stay in so long and wasn't pulled after the first/early in the second oO

Barrage

I'm not gonna freak out about tonight and claim it to be a "black mark on the sport" or whatever. It got ugly, now the NHL needs to do appropriate disciplinary action and it'l be fine. Still by far the most entertaining first round series, god would I love it if this somehow went 7.

Asham and Neal should be punished, but the Pens have bigger problems. Like a franchise goalie who's turning into a plug, and a coach who is being tuned out by the team.. Trade Luongo for Fleury in the offseason, trash for trash.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Teams are playing a lot more differently this year in the play offs compared to last year. Feels like I'm watching a bunch of Boston Bruins facing each other.

This is actually something I sort of expected. I said this year maybe things wouldn't be as easy for Boston in the playoffs because I expect other teams to have figured the strength of their play from last year and emulate it somewhat (not entirely of course, I think the best team will show a balance, Flyers have shown it so far).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I missed the entire game, fuck.

My Pens fan ex-girlfriend says that she's never been so disgusted in a team and says she can no longer defend them when people call them out on their shit. Really need to watch those highlights now. :lol

MacAttack

There seems to be a phenomenon right now where the kids win it all early (Patrick Kane, Toews, Crosby, Malkin, etc.) and then they just don't seem to get to that level anymore.

They're not real winners. Real winners win it all, and then they want to win it all again.
I think I know where you're going with this. Real winners. Real men. Bruins hockey. Repeat.

Welcome aboard the bandwagon.

Top Bottom