• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald Live (youtube, podcast) Season 2 |OT| Norm returns Monday May 12th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize these were recent, stumbled on clips from this appearance the other day when I was searching specifically for him on Letterman. The goat talk show guest easily. I love how he always compares Letterman to Nixon. His Conan spots are legendary.

robochimp

I just went and saw Norm do stand up. He did a Q&A after the show, there is more podcast coming. He has 12 guests lined up, working on getting 2 more to put the season at 14.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Wow. Great, unexpected news.

Hopefully this feels more like season 1 than season 2 though.

Yeah seriously, I skipped through a lot of season 2. Too many overly serious interviews with really old dudes.

blahness

Luschient

Awesome news. There's always one or two things in every episode that just brings me to tears laughing. Wonder who the guests will be this season?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Holy shit! Awesome news! I still rewatch the old episodes all the time. The Todd Glass episode is still my avorite, despite what a doofus Todd Glass is. Norm is on top of his game in that one.

Novocaine

Yeah Todd Glass is the best one, followed by Gilbert Gottfried.

Pumped he is doing another season, Norm makes me so happy. I hope it's as good as season 1.

I was just thinking the other day how much I miss this. Norm fucking slays my sides in some of these episodes. I hope the podcast becomes a more regular thing now but who knows with Norm. How's that book he wrote?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Yeah Todd Glass is the best one, followed by Gilbert Gottfried.

Pumped he is doing another season, Norm makes me so happy. I hope it's as good as season 1.

It's unfortunate that Todd ruins a few of Norm's best setups and punchlines,since he is befuddled the whole show. Not sure if it was just because he was high or if he is really just that crappy, but it was still ridiculous.

Norm's reasoning for why he didn't like Brokeback Mountain is one of the funniest 20 seconds I have ever seen.

Novocaine

It's unfortunate that Todd ruins a few of Norm's best setups and punchlines,since he is befuddled the whole show. Not sure if it was just because he was high or if he is really just that crappy, but it was still ridiculous.

Norm's reasoning for why he didn't like Brokeback Mountain is one of the funniest 20 seconds I have ever seen.

I thought Norm running Todd around in circles was the best part. I've heard a lot of his other stuff, he's a pretty switched on guy, it was probably because he was baked.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I thought Norm running Todd around in circles was the best part. I've heard a lot of his other stuff, he's a pretty switched on guy, it was probably because he was baked.

Probably so, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least. That show has so many legendary laughs for me.

Going to go through them a and listen again. Too much good stuff in these shows. Even the older guys like Reiner still made for interesting conversation.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Saw the Nealon and Andy dick episodes last night and those are definitely excellent, as well.

The Marc Maron one, on the other hand was not great. Didn't like it the first time, either.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Holy shit, that
Matlock
anecdote had me in stitches.

Overall a really uneven and boringish episode, but Norm had me rolling a few times. Great to have him back no matter what!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom