• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Omaha |OT| We Swear We're More Than the College World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Is it Saturday yet?

iIEbal4.jpg

Ominym

Banned
I'll pour out a bottle of Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing™ for you, hommie.

This stuff makes me want to vomit. When I was in Lincoln I had a friend from western Nebraska who put it on anything and everything. Even watched him do it with Chinese food once.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This stuff makes me want to vomit. When I was in Lincoln I had a friend from western Nebraska who put it on anything and everything. Even watched him do it with Chinese food once.

Omaha has always tried to be very trendy, so I think a bottle of sriracha would suffice. You know this has been the only night where the rain didn't sound like a depressing POS. I think this town is starting to develop itself again. Back in 1997 it felt completely different. I have no idea what's it turning into. They're building this monopoly of buildings and covering up all the land with anything and everything. I'd love to relive my glory years here, but some days I think they're miles away.

Why are there so many people from South Dakato? I see more and more license plates anymore, same with Colorado, but this town has a lot of wealthy people. A lot of small and large businesses. Tons of millionaires out here with their rich mansions.

Husker86

So, the shooting on Dodge by the Med Center last night (robbery at Wendy's)...COPS TV show crew member was shot, and from what I hear, died.

First we make the Top 25 most dangerous neighborhoods list, now this!

So, the shooting on Dodge by the Med Center last night (robbery at Wendy's)...COPS TV show crew member was shot, and from what I hear, died.

First we make the Top 25 most dangerous neighborhoods list, now this!

Yeah, they've confirmed both the robber and the crew member have died. Crazy. Curious to hear more whenever the news conference happens.

Palmer_v1

Yeah, they've confirmed both the robber and the crew member have died. Crazy. Curious to hear more whenever the news conference happens.

I was morbidly curious, and as far as I can tell, the only other COPS crewman that was badly hurt was a guy that got shot in the legs when an officer accidentally discharged a weapon taken from a suspect's trunk. There was also one guy who apparently died in his sleep of unrelated issues, and a lot of minor things like sprains from tripping while running in the dark.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
North and East Omaha, why are you screwing it up for the rest of us? :(

I worked for years in that area and it seemed like there was a robbery or shooting every week.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Got suckered into a road trip to see the in laws. :( going to find a way to listen to/watch the game.

GOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG REDDDDDDD

So an Ebola patient is being taken to the world class biocontainment and patient care facility at UNMC, so of course people freak out. The comments on the local news articles are gold. Good for UNMC I say, if nothing else, its an incredibly unique experience for any students or residents involved.

So an Ebola patient is being taken to the world class biocontainment and patient care facility at UNMC, so of course people freak out. The comments on the local news articles are gold. Good for UNMC I say, if nothing else, its an incredibly unique experience for any students or residents involved.

Yeah, doesn't phase me one bit. Not surprised at the local idiot reactions however.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
To Omaha's credit: there would be that exact reaction in every part of the world. We should be lucky enough to be regarded worthy to treat such a unique patient.

Palmer_v1

I trolled my wife with the news.

"Did you hear there's a confirmed case of ebola in Omaha!?"

The look on her face was pretty good.

Husker86

It's sad how many internal emails we have received at the Med Center the last month or so trying to reduce employees freaking out. Some people just can't process facts into real life events.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
In a semi related note: CHI and Blue Cross are having a huge dispute right now and my wife is 6 months pregnant and of course her OB is CHI affiliated...

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I work for a large Berkshire firm and they keep telling us it won't last long, but she has an appointment in two weeks and "out of network" visits to her doctor will be ridiculous if they don't fix it by then

FyreWulff

Reminder: if the clouds decided to behave and go away, you'll be able to see the Northern Lights in the sky over all of Nebraska tonight

650x366_09111550_hd22.jpg

FyreWulff

That's a big if these clouds clear up in time. Lincoln is cold and overcast as fuck and it's been this way for days.

I've been sick as a dog the past couple of days. I only want to feel better by going outside and sitting in the sun for a bit. Clouds are all "lol no"

Think we will head out past the old Navy base on 72nd.

EDIT: well, the family didn't want to stay out, so we are done.

Keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom