• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Darryl

Banned
Ok, SkyOdin, I will give you some answers. Let me address your concerns first. FYI, everything I'm about to say, you can check with actual posts I've made.

I was on Swamped for the majority of D1, until it looked like things were taking another direction. I thought Palmer was acting very belligerently, so I was willing to move my vote to him. Then he started making sense, so I switched my vote to TTK, but when that wasn't gaining any traction, I went with Swamped because I was more comfortable with that vote. Blarg, I was on board with since I read hey_monkey's post. I came off because we were heading towards a turbo and I hadn't even had a chance to catch up; your assertions on me in this regard are bogus.

As for BB, I raised hesitation and doubts several times, but I didn't move my vote because no one had said anything worth moving my vote off of him for.

I have no explanation for this, but I was buying what Blarg was selling at the time. Mostly, I was coming from the angle of acohrs did not look that guilty at the time.

You need to reread the Nomadic interaction. I eased off of him for a few minutes until I realized his bullshit didn't make any sense, but there was no way we were going to get an answer based on his posting patterns.

The fact of the matter is, I actually listen when people say things and I react to them, probably more than I should, but I do so in earnest

As for the impending shake up I alluded to, I was like 60% convinced that Dr. Worm was vanilla town and that he might be targeted. If that happened, then doubt would be cast in Palmer, BB, and acohrs directions and we'd be down to discussing that. Dwindling down the pool of players with vanilla claims would be in our best interest because if Dr. Worm flipped vanilla town, we'd immediately think that there's no way all those three guys are vanilla, as well, so we'd go to discuss that for awhile; I was trying to minimized the discussion.

There's another piece to this, though. I've been trying to get myself NK since the day I came in, because I actually am vanilla town, and I was hoping that either Dr. Worm or myself were killed after BB, Palmer, or acohrs so we could catch the one in this group that was lying. However, it seems that mafia has decided that there were higher priority targets, even though I've been town-read by a lot of people for the majority of the game up until now. Given the nature of the role claims in this day phase, and that Dr. Worm is not a vanilla, I've been trying to figure out a way to come forward about this since other players will likely be targeted instead of me going forward, regardless of me roleclaiming or not. Plus, now that I'm actually looking scummy, it's looking far less likely.

So, there. All cards on the table.

P.S. Nomadic still owes us explanations and I think he should be lynched regardless of whether he's the doctor or not because he keeps dodging around explaining himself.

I think your "concerns and doubts" over BlackBuzzard is awful clairvoyant and conveient. I went through all of his posts. I have no idea what you saw that would have made you vocally hesitant. I absorbed the mistake and moved forward, but you feel the need to posture yourself.

Your claim was anti-town. Hoping something would show up for a fake claim, are you? Why would you give us the runaround in a role madness game if you are just a normie? I can't understand it at all. We were having nonstop discussion over vanilla roles and you decided to play the part of the mystic mystery role. This seems way too much like a decision you just made, now separated from the context of the earlier game. I suppose now, in a sea of vanilla's, backups, and ordinaries, you cannot think up a better fake claim without compromising yourself.

Vote: LaunchPadMcQ

*I* haven't played in a game with this mechanic so I don't know but he sure seems to be agreeing and he did ask us to lynch him the other day. He was also WILDLY OBVIOUS AND OBNOXIOUS in supporting Blarg even post red check, which could have been him saying PAY ATTENTION, Y'ALL.

But is that how people do when recruited? I have no idea.

THIS POST BUT IRL

UNVOTE: LaunchPadMcQ

Vote: Lifeline

Congrats on your matyrdom

So let's see how this goes down, potentially>>

We lynch Lifeline, Launch, and ttk, in whatever order, and maybe are wrong about the first, so we suffer at least one more town kill. We have nine others, eight if we suffer a town kill. Of that eight remaining, doubtful that more than one remaining is scum, yes?

Possibly a neutral in here somewhere. We don't know.

We have wild card possibilities in NS, who is at least here and talking and voting now, even if we're not getting strong answers, isaacnukem, and possibly Stan, who I frankly lean town on but I know I'm in the minority there.

Possibilities:

Lifeline: recruited?
Launch: maybe a vanilla with a risky play that didn't work out, maybe scum?
timetokill: maybe scum? maybe just made untownie life choices?
isaacnukem: maybe just new?

People I think are town right now:
Me
SkyOdin

Probably town, in order from most to least likely just because I'm not sure:
Stanley
Palmer
Dr. Worm
Darryl

People I dunno about but right now evidence is pointing town:
acohrs
Nomadic Sparks

Swamped tried to roleblock LL. He gets confirmed as town.

Scum recruits him (I dunno why he's just now throwing all these gifs; I suggested this before, but either way, cool)

He is now scum.

Possibly related: Verelios was the recruiter but had a latent ability allowing him to stay secret.

Oh, Verelios was a recruiter. Ok, that makes sense.

I think your "concerns and doubts" over BlackBuzzard is awful clairvoyant and conveient. I went through all of his posts. I have no idea what you saw that would have made you vocally hesitant. I absorbed the mistake and moved forward, but you feel the need to posture yourself.

Your claim was anti-town. Hoping something would show up for a fake claim, are you? Why would you give us the runaround in a role madness game if you are just a normie? I can't understand it at all. We were having nonstop discussion over vanilla roles and you decided to play the part of the mystic mystery role. This seems way too much like a decision you just made, now separated from the context of the earlier game. I suppose now, in a sea of vanilla's, backups, and ordinaries, you cannot think up a better fake claim without compromising yourself.

Vote: LaunchPadMcQ

Yeah, no buddy. I'd be up for lynching myself too if I had colossally screwed the pooch or to give you guys some direction to go in, but I'm not going to let you take me down because according to you I made some huge dastardly anti-town play. That's overstating it.

The most I've done is breadcrumb my role in a way that made it seem like it was more than it actually was. Was any of it a lie? No. My role could change the flow of the game if we had whittled down the vanilla claimants down, or it could cause a huge commotion that would cause town to go on a witch hunt. Either way, I didn't even start dropping hints until the third day phase and I was just letting on that I had extra information.

I have a hard time believing the existence of this role in this game. We already had a miller, and I believe certain information I have regarding my role contradicts some of your assertions.

I believe this is the first hint I dropped, and as SkyOdin already asked, yes I was referring specifically to the things he said about the number of vanillas in the game. No, I didn't just come up with this.

Yes pisslord just saunder into thread and declare you're scum and then fly the fuck out and watch the carnage from above HOHOHOHO

Boy I bet you piss in your neighbor's flower garden on a Tuesday just lessen the doldrums

Yes pisslord just saunder into thread and declare you're scum and then fly the fuck out and watch the carnage from above HOHOHOHO

Boy I bet you piss in your neighbor's flower garden on a Tuesday just lessen the doldrums

I'm sorry, but this is killing me 😂😂😂

Lifeline

Stan
- Kinda inactive
- "Defended" Blarg after his redcheck, I mean who would do that?
- Said he strongly thought Blarg was scum, but didn't actually vote for him
- Lives in suspicious country, is it even a real place?
- Same avatar as scum king.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

tYIJPLZ.gif

You're right guys, I totally misled town.

Kinda? You were assuming people were lying and now it looks like the liar is you. That was the risk.

I think the quote where you addressed Sky makes you look legit in terms of what you're saying. But it doesn't change the fact that yes, you have misled town instead of just talking to Sky about his assumptions. Or even saying WAIT AM ALSO VANILLA so maybe we need to rethink assuming all the vanillas are lying! before that which might have prevented Sky from claiming in the first place.

It's hindsight at this point but yes, you definitely made it seem like you had dirt on Dr Worm at least and probably others when in reality if what you're saying here is true, you had nothing. Just more guesses like everyone else. But the real information might have helped town.

You're not tops of my lynch list but I can see how it would move others.

Stan
- Kinda inactive
- "Defended" Blarg after his redcheck, I mean who would do that?
- Said he strongly thought Blarg was scum, but didn't actually vote for him
- Lives in suspicious country, is it even a real place?
- Same avatar as scum king.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

tYIJPLZ.gif

Lifeline is being A MASSIVE SHITLORD but I'm calling him A MASSIVE PISSLORD just to shitpost towards him

In short I'm being a fuckhead towards a shitlord

Dr. Worm

Banned
at this point I'm against a Launch lynch because he's one of the few relatively sane people left and I don't want to be weighed down by Lifeline or Nomadic Sparks at lylo and lose because they make an incredibly stupid, uninformed, ill-conceived vote, but that's just me

Kinda? You were assuming people were lying and now it looks like the liar is you. That was the risk.

I think the quote where you addressed Sky makes you look legit in terms of what you're saying. But it doesn't change the fact that yes, you have misled town instead of just talking to Sky about his assumptions. Or even saying WAIT AM ALSO VANILLA so maybe we need to rethink assuming all the vanillas are lying! before that which might have prevented Sky from claiming in the first place.

It's hindsight at this point but yes, you definitely made it seem like you had dirt on Dr Worm at least and probably others when in reality if what you're saying here is true, you had nothing. Just more guesses like everyone else. But the real information might have helped town.

You're not tops of my lynch list but I can see how it would move others.

Like I said, my ideal scenario was that I was targeted for a NK, flipped, and suspicion would be put on Palmer/acohrs. It would have given you something credible to work with. It didn't play out that way, but that doesn't mean I was holding onto some crucial piece of information, unless we are suddenly going to start the witch hunt against these two (or us three) right now.

Also, I forgot about my most important breadcrumb:

Also, I'd like to point out, claiming vanilla even if you actually are is against town's best interest. From a gameplay perspective, if you claim vanilla and mafia believes you, they won't night kill you and try to target people they're unsure of first. Vanilla, for better or worse, needs to be fodder so that power roles can do their things without getting killed. So, I'd like to halt anyone else who thinks it's harmless to role claim if they're vanilla. Don't do it.

I mean, Lifeline is straight out saying he's scum, sorta, so why not?

vote: Lifeline

We have time for all this to get untangled. Palmer, you said earlier that you were against a Lifeline lynch - what do you think about all this today?

And here we thought we were off to a slow start. Maybe we live in interesting times, I guess.

SkyOdin

at this point I'm against a Launch lynch because he's one of the few relatively sane people left and I don't want to be weighed down by Lifeline or Nomadic Sparks at lylo and lose because they make an incredibly stupid, uninformed, ill-conceived vote, but that's just me
That's... worth considering.

I do think that taking out scum should be our priority though. If we can avoid getting into lylo in the first place, it would be for the best.

Also, I forgot about my most important breadcrumb:

Okay, so maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't give any shits about power roles. Maybe a PR saved Dr. Worm. Cool, if so. Mine gave us Blarg but only because I gave up that information ASAP. Unless we have information on them, waiting around and trying to save PRs that may or may not exist and even going to extremes to lead people down the wrong path does not help town. It creates misinformation and makes finding real information harder, thus making town's job harder. PRs are great. They can help. But playing with people is the game.

Okay, so maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't give any shits about power roles. Maybe a PR saved Dr. Worm. Cool, if so. Mine gave us Blarg but only because I gave up that information ASAP. Unless we have information on them, waiting around and trying to save PRs that may or may not exist and even going to extremes to lead people down the wrong path does not help town. It creates misinformation and makes finding real information harder, thus making town's job harder. PRs are great. They can help. But playing with people is the game.

I disagree on both counts. The few PRs that I know of seem to have good heads on their shoulders, NS notwithstanding (I hope he's not a PR), so it would doubly beneficial to make myself a target. I also disagree that I misled town all that much, and we're definitely not past any point of no return. I guess I wonder how much you actually read into what I said now...

Dr. Worm

Banned
for the record

vote: Lifeline

votes made on confirmed townies based on the unlikely, unaccounted for possibility that maybe they potentially had their alignment changed (which, btw, is usually considered bastard) are what I would personally consider stupid, uninformed, and ill-conceived

SkyOdin

Agreed. It isn't a vanilla townie's job to die for the sake of PRs that may or may not exist. Every townie's job is to hunt for scum and expose their lies. Vanilla townies have no reason to throw their lives away if they are active and hounding out scum.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Agreed. It isn't a vanilla townie's job to die for the sake of PRs that may or may not exist. Every townie's job is to hunt for scum and expose their lies. Vanilla townies have no reason to throw their lives away if they are active and hounding out scum.

not "throw your life away," per se

but everything else being equal, vanillas are expendable in a way PRs are not

I don't think this is a controversial concept?????

SkyOdin

Well, you never want to endanger a PR needlessly, of course. But a good vanilla townie who plays well can be the difference between victory and defeat for town. I also believe that there is a legitimate danger of over-relying on PRs to solve town's problems, causing town to become passive or disinterested in the game. I kinda think that is what did-in anime mafia town.

Nope, agreed, but I don't think vanilla townies should run around trying wacky shit just to try to save or create information that may or may not be there, either. There's a middle ground here.

for the record

votes made on confirmed townies based on the unlikely, unaccounted for possibility that maybe they potentially had their alignment changed (which, btw, is usually considered bastard) are what I would personally consider stupid, uninformed, and ill-conceived

Lifeline WAS a confirmed townie and since then he's done everything from construct wild scenarios to strongly advocate for saving someone with a red check to disappearing completely. And we've had a lot of back and forth on what who and where might be considered bastard and mostly it hasn't gotten us super far because apparently there are a lot of different ideas as to what this game is or should be or interpretations of role madness. In the meantime, we have a doctor claim with no details who didn't need to claim at all and who protected I don't even know, the most random folks, some kinda backup claiming for reasons, an innocent child practically begging to be lynched who may or may not have been converted, one person who hinted at all sorts of things possibly because he's vanilla, and another person who's said all sorts of shady things and is just hanging off in the background but also said today we should lynch her, so who knows what the hell is going on, really.

Well, whatever, y'all chip away at it. I've got to step away for a bit. But I will say regardless I do not think we should take Lifeline to endgame. It would be a mistake. He's too erratic. timetokill remains my strongest scumread at this point.

unvote

Darryl

Banned
Oh, Verelios was a recruiter. Ok, that makes sense.

Yeah, no buddy. I'd be up for lynching myself too if I had colossally screwed the pooch or to give you guys some direction to go in, but I'm not going to let you take me down because according to you I made some huge dastardly anti-town play. That's overstating it.

The most I've done is breadcrumb my role in a way that made it seem like it was more than it actually was. Was any of it a lie? No. My role could change the flow of the game if we had whittled down the vanilla claimants down, or it could cause a huge commotion that would cause town to go on a witch hunt. Either way, I didn't even start dropping hints until the third day phase and I was just letting on that I had extra information.

I believe this is the first hint I dropped, and as SkyOdin already asked, yes I was referring specifically to the things he said about the number of vanillas in the game. No, I didn't just come up with this.

Why on Earth would you hint at having something extra? And your extra was just.. I don't have a role. I mean we all have AT MINIMUM that much information. It's basically the least information you could have. And on day 3? It wasn't exactly a day where we needed additional direction.

Why on Earth would you hint at having something extra? And your extra was just.. I don't have a role. I mean we all have AT MINIMUM that much information. It's basically the least information you could have. And on day 3? It wasn't exactly a day where we needed additional direction.

It almost feels like you have no idea what's going on in this game

Lifeline

Stan the man:

Day 1:
- Played Blarg's sick game and read people
- Called WAMD a townie lean
- Said little to nothing about Palmer, but voted for him anyway.
- Who else voted for Palmer? Blargonaut the scum lord.
- Did not remove vote for Day 1.

Day 2:
- Defended scum kween Swamped for tieing the game
- Was against a mass role claim, flipped flopped on Palmer
- Leaned scum on Acohrs and town on Dr. Worm
- Vere calls out Stan. Vere is brutally murdered. Coincidence?
- Stan votes for Acohrs. Possibly to save Scummy Swamp from being lynched.
- Who else votes for Acohrs? Blargonaut the scum astronaut.

His justification for the Acohrs vote?

how is me bringing up acohrs then a coincidence? i made that read of achors immediately after blarg specifically asked me about him.

- I agree Stan, not a coincidence.

Day 3:
- Came in ready to murder Blarg.
- Reaffirms how sure he is that he wants to lynch Blarg
- Mentions that Blarg is most likely Scum
- Lowkey defends Blarg.
- Lowkey buys Blarg's story, says it makes "sense"
- Continues to say he thinks Blarg is scum
- Says he's not going to vote Blarg because he wants to get Blarg's story straight
- Defends Blarg's story one last time
- Says he will vote for Blarg, says "pretty set on a blag lynch"
- Doesn't vote for Blarg and runs away

Day 4:
- Hammered townie BB.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Nope, agreed, but I don't think vanilla townies should run around trying wacky shit just to try to save or create information that may or may not be there, either. There's a middle ground here.

who has being doing this????

well, who's been doing this that's claimed vanilla

Lifeline WAS a confirmed townie and since then he's done everything from construct wild scenarios to strongly advocate for saving someone with a red check to disappearing completely.

he does that anyway because he's Lifeline

we lynched him in Arkham for being batshit, it didn't work

And we've had a lot of back and forth on what who and where might be considered bastard and mostly it hasn't gotten us super far because apparently there are a lot of different ideas as to what this game is or should be or interpretations of role madness.

roles that change your wincon are bastard

this isn't something you can shimmy around and be "well MAYBE!" and argue around shit that's completely unrelated

so who knows what the hell is going on, really.

town was a mistake. it's nothing but trash.

Top Bottom