• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

Elfteiroh

So, on the main site, for Diantha. I dunno if someone said it already but it says "She may even trade Pokémon with you sometime during your adventure!"
It got me really interested. o: Maybe she'll offer to trade you a furflou? I dunno. :p I hope it's something cool.

Shiny Arceus. BELIEVE
OMG I DON'T WANT THAT!! Sick of being given a god... :/

ash_ag

So, on the main site, for Diantha. I dunno if someone said it already but it says "She may even trade Pokémon with you sometime during your adventure!"
It got me really interested. o: Maybe she'll offer to trade you a furflou? I dunno. :p I hope it's something cool.
Do note that her necklace appears to hold a Mega Stone in it -- may be a Mega Ring in a different form. I think there's more into her than meets the eye; we may be looking at the Kalos Champion.

Blue hair: No need to take your clothes off, I've already seen enough.
Green hair: I'm sorry, but your dick just isn't big enough.
Brown hair: On closer inspection, you seem to have a dick that I may or may not be willing to suck.
Purple hair: TAKE ME, JUST TAKE ME

118444.gif

Elfteiroh

Brown hair: Where IS your dick? Oh! There! ... So small!
Fixed.

Do note that her necklace appears to hold a Mega Stone in it -- may be a Mega Ring in a different form. I think there's more into her than meets the eye; we may be looking at the Kalos Champion.

Trading with the Champion before knowing it's her: MIND BLOWN.
OMG that would be so cool!

Brown hair: On closer inspection, you seem to have a dick that I may or may not be willing to suck.
What in Arceus' butthole am I reading

So... How good is Gengar now?
Let's see...
Poison allows it to counter the new Fairy threat.
The tweaks to Steel allow it not to be galled by the likes of Metagross and Bronzong.
Can switch out at will.

Seems like it's had a lot of useful toys. Hopefully it gets that mooted Mega Evo.

Ultimadrago

Gengar's one of those Pokémon who's been viable in pretty much every single Gen. Now that both of his STABs got significantly buffed and that he's rumored to receive a Mega Evolution, he's going to be pretty awesome.

One of the Pokemon I've loved since the start, but for some reason never made it across my main team for reasons. Hopefully this time is different.

Fairy looks like the new Dragon. Weak to Steel and Poison WTF, How many Steel/Poison types are running around the meta. Bullet punch is the only move i can recall you could possibly have to look out for. SE against common types (cya Hydreigon). Can switch in on practically any dragon in OU I can think of. Fighting and Dark resistance means everyone will want it as a secondary type (dark/fairy looks very appealing), and if weather meta still continues (water/fairy) will stop X-combat and can block for ferrothorn.

The only thing left is move variety. If the big fairies can learn flamethrower etc, then they GameFreak seem to be replacing one problem with another.

Village

Did the thing other other page say that flying types cannot be affected by like spikes and stuff, does that include stealth rock.

Tusk

Shiny Arceus. BELIEVE
OMG I DON'T WANT THAT!! Sick of being given a god... :/

That'd be hilarious.

Yeah, I noticed the necklace. It would be pretty cool if she was the champion, her appearance does seem that way.

Depending on the last form of Froakie, he could end up being my favorite Pokemon of all time.

And wow, I had no idea this game was coming out in a month!

Gengar's one of those Pokémon who's been viable in pretty much every single Gen. Now that both of his STABs got significantly buffed and that he's rumored to receive a Mega Evolution, he's going to be pretty awesome.

Sludge bomb is actually useful for something and steel types are no longer resistant to dark/ghost attacks( lol metagross, jirachi, bronzong)

I'd say pretty great lol.

Let's see...
Poison allows it to counter the new Fairy threat.
The tweaks to Steel allow it not to be galled by the likes of Metagross and Bronzong.
Can switch out at will.

Seems like it's had a lot of useful toys. Hopefully it gets that mooted Mega Evo.

Dang I was afraid of that, I really dislike fighting Gengars. I like however that Poison Attacks finally will get some lime light.

They are not really a terrible typing per se, they just need some better pokes. (Also that Scorpion Pokemon can finally run Dark/Poison attacks without getting walled)

icy_eagle

I really disagree with this point and find it damn near baseless. Scizor and Ferrothorn are great, so that means the entire type has to suffer? Same goes for Fighting. It was already perfectly balanced with 3 types resisting (2 of which SE it) and another that was completely immune.

IMO this is a really botched balancing job, and GF will be forced to nuke Fairy in the future. All because they didn't want to gimp dragons too badly.

Why not mention skarmory, forretress, metagross, heatran, magnezone, lucario etc. And you're not addressing the significance of it being SE against fairy, the best type to deal with dragons, the strongest type
so far

Regardless, I'm really glad they're shaking up the metagame beyond just adding new pokémon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As expected, the poster was just a drive-by. How sad.

Bahahahahah!

Fairy looks like the new Dragon. Weak to Steel and Poison WTF, How many Steel/Poison types are running around the meta. Bullet punch is the only move i can recall you could possibly have to look out for. SE against common types (cya Hydreigon). Can switch in on practically any dragon in OU I can think of. Fighting and Dark resistance means everyone will want it as a secondary type (dark/fairy looks very appealing), and if weather meta still continues (water/fairy) will stop X-combat and can block for ferrothorn.

The only thing left is move variety. If the big fairies can learn flamethrower etc, then they GameFreak seem to be replacing one problem with another.

I can use Gardevoir again =)

DigitalOp

Banned
Oh Jesus...

This is the greatest Pokemon game to ever be created....

God Tier on every level....

My birthday will be godly! So Effing pumped....

I get to be legally drunk while playing the greatest Pokemon game ever created!

Depending on the last form of Froakie, he could end up being my favorite Pokemon of all time.

And wow, I had no idea this game was coming out in a month!

Seriously.... If GF isnt careful, they could redirect my love for Squirtle

upandaway

Those names are a bit... Frogadier, Furfrou, Meowstic, Pyroar, all of them have the related English word right then and there in full. I don't know. I don't know guys, those names are a bit silly.

Meowstic design is pretty great (it's also pretty great). I don't like the fur on Pyroar's female form either, it should've just not have one.

is the any change for Starmie to change to Water/Fairy? I always felt the Psychic type of her as an after though, only providing unnecessary weaknesses.

-Horizon-

Well then >.>

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Those names are a bit... Frogadier, Furfrou, Meowstic, Pyroar, all of them have the related English word right then and there in full. I don't know. I don't know guys, those names are a bit silly.

Meowstic design is pretty great (it's also pretty great). I don't like the fur on Pyroar's female form either, it should've just not have one.

Dude, pokemon names have always been silly.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
T-Rex is... part dragon? I never noticed this

He's a dragon and a dinosaur at the same time i'm fainting

In a lot of asian cultures dinosaurs and dragons are the same thing. Dinosaur in Japanese is "Kyouryu", which means "terrible dragon".

Firemind

is the any change for Starmie to change to Water/Fairy? I always felt the Psychic type of her as an after though, only providing unnecessary weaknesses.

Not really. Psychic typing allows Starmie to wall Infernape and other fighting types. Fairy would do the same, but Psychic is far from useless.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Geodude.

PK Gaming

Hahaha

I really like their designs, their artists are getting really good at drawing cute characters.

Top Bottom