• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For May: Tropico 5, Table Top Racing: World Tour, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Ridley327

I suspect the common refrain will be, "No, not that kind of retail game!"

Ghost of Sparta is a neat surprise, but it was pretty messy on the PSP, with lots of screen-tearing.

mclem

Tropico is certainly an unexpected pleasant surprise, it's a genre that hasn't been particularly well represented in Plus/GWG as yet. Curious about the Micro Machines clone, haven't seen reviews.

L.O.R.D

I hope they put a good discount on the other god of war game too.
Question:if psn support is ended on PSP,how the plus will still active on it?

bigkrev

Table Top Racing looks like it could be fun- I wasn't going to spend a dime on it, but I'll at least try it out.

The rest though.... man. Ghost of Sparta is a good game, but you should play it on PS3.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mhmm. So maybe Tropico? PS4 version alright?

Edit: Table Top Racing is made by a co-creator of Wipeout? Maybe I shouldn't write that off so quickly. Will at least try it!

Yoshi88

Tropico is a really really good game. And it plays wonderfully on PS4. Enjoy folks, already put hundreds of hours into it.

DLC is a bit overpriced, but I still got em because I'm a sucker for good city builders. At least you get new music with most of them. Maybe wait for another DLC sale, though.

kiguel182

Tropico 5? Nice. A city building game is something I've been craving for a while.

The rest isn't my cup of tea but I like that one.

Tropico 5 is certainly much better than Watch_Dogs.

StereoVsn

Pretty happy it's Tropico and not Watch Dogs.

Yeah, I am not sure how people are unhappy to get an actually recent and decent strategy game (if a bit inferior to Tropico 4) vs a title with huge issues that can be gotten for $10 or under retail.

Bionic Commando (first one was better, IMO), Switch Galaxy Ultra, and God of War are actually pretty good as well. I already have these 3 and Tropico on PC, but still, it's not a bad month for folks who haven't tried these titles.

occelinho

Whelp, I was going to buy Tropico 5 soon. Always loved these games on PC!
Personally I'm glad that we got Tropico instead of Watchdogs.

Don't care about the other games this month though.

liquidtmd

Banned
My litmus test for a PS+ lineup is 'would I buy the titles this month if they were on sale for $1'

This month? Nope. None of them

Withnail

There's your full price retail game folks.

Certainly more interesting to me than an Ubisoft cookie cutter open world game.

popcorn-yes.gif

Auctopus

Can anyone who's played Tropico 5 comment on how the performance is? I swear I read somewhere that it runs really badly on PS4, constant stuttering etc.

RK128

DAMN at that Vita line up!

People are going to be able to play the best God of War game ever made (next to GOWII and GOWIII)! Wonderful get for the month if you never owned it :D!

Own the Bionic Commando games already but looking forward to playing my first Locoloco game and giving Switch Galaxy Ultra a shot (own the PS Mobile version).

oti

Banned
Oh boy. I'll only resub when I feel like playing VLR on Vita.

Oh no wait I HAVE to resub for Uncharted 4 multiplayer. :O

Toki767

DAMN at that Vita line up!

People are going to be able to play the best God of War game ever made (next to GOWII and GOWIII)! Wonderful get for the month if you never owned it :D!

Own the Bionic Commando games already but looking forward to playing my first Locoloco game and giving Switch Galaxy Ultra a shot (own the PS Mobile version).

They should have at least just given out the HD port of Ghost of Sparta. That one actually ran well.

PSOreo

For those who are excited about Tropico 5, what makes it so good or inticing? I wouldn't mind hearing what makes it enjoyable and why we should give it a go.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. Vita getting the shitfest that is Switch Galaxy Ultra and a PSP game years old that you could have bought for ridiculously cheap years ago. Which I did.

Tropico 5's gameplay on ps4 isnpretty awesome. I downloaded the demo a couple of months ago and i still play it almost weekly. I was currently waiting for the complete edition to launch in june since there are several cool but expensive dlc imo.

For those who are excited about Tropico 5, what makes it so good or inticing? I wouldn't mind hearing what makes it enjoyable and why we should give it a go.

There's a demo for you to try. Personally I don't think this game is for everyone, but it's more accesible than other similar games.

Reedirect

Not very good. And that comes from someone who thinks the line-up has been absolutely fine for the past couple of months.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, I am not sure how people are unhappy to get an actually recent and decent strategy game (if a bit inferior to Tropico 4) vs a title with huge issues that can be gotten for $10 or under retail.

Bionic Commando (first one was better, IMO), Switch Galaxy Ultra, and God of War are actually pretty good as well. I already have these 3 and Tropico on PC, but still, it's not a bad month for folks who haven't tried these titles.

The vast majority of people don't really give a damn about the PS3/Vita line-up, though. But yeah, this isn't too bad on the PS4 side either.

RK128

They should have at least just given out the HD port of Ghost of Sparta. That one actually ran well.

But the HD port isn't on Vita and this is for the Vita owners :l.

I own both versions (Origins Collection & Digital PSN version of the PSP title) but still. Guess I'm easily to please I suppose :l.

Top Bottom