• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For May: Tropico 5, Table Top Racing: World Tour, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

OuterLimits

The company(Kalypso I think?) that makes Tropico likes to release these l sorts of games. I bought Port Royale 3 on the 360 and damn was that game confusing for awhile. I think the Tropico series tends to get the best reviews. They also released a strategy game on PC/PS4 called Grand Ages:Medieval which has extremely mixed reviews, but I will probably buy when cheap.

Superfrog

Why all the negativity? I'm happy about TTR and Switch Galaxy Ultra. Also Tropico, but unfortunately I just bought that in the last EU sale. The rest is pretty bad though - before yesterday, I was hoping for Severed.

GHG

Gold Member
Strange choice for the developer to allow Tropica 5 to be PS+ as it releases retail on Xbox One next month.

Not at all.

It's to get it some major presence on YouTube and all the streaming sites so that it increases the chances that those who only game on the Xbox One will purchase it if they like what they see.

Great PS4 month. Switch Galaxy Ultra is crap tho. PS3 and Vita are scrapping the bottom. Maybe they should just do PS4.

People believed that Watchdogs image? Wow. I distrust anything taken with a camera phone.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is GOW ghost of sparta any good?
It's fantastic. One of the better GOW games imo. Great game, but a game this old that has gone for so cheap so many times over the years has no place being in the Plus lineup unless it was just an extra like GTA LCS was a few years ago.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fantastic list. Way more excited for Tropico than Watch Dogs.

Kill3r7

Tropico 5 is a good offering. Ghost of Sparta is a very good game for anyone who has not played it yet. That said, at this point Sony should just go ahead and drop PS3 and Vita games. They aren't even trying anymore.
P.S. Proud owner of a PS4, PS3 and Vita.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
At this point I'm only subscribing to keep access to my backlog

I subscribe just for online play. I can't keep up with the games I buy so I rarely care about PS+ or games with gold anyway.

An occasional gem that I'm happy to have checked out as a result, but otherwise it's stuff I already bought or stuff that doesn't appeal to me.

But I was paying for XBL Gold solely for online play for years and it never bothered me, so I view the current situation as basically just some icing on the cake with getting to play a couple of games I end up liking a year that I wouldn't have otherwise. As well as the extra discounts in sales on games I want to buy that probably more than pay for my subscription most years.

But yes, the PS+ offerings do suck compared to PS3 when the service was soley for the "free" games and they had a large back catalog to draw from.

mreddie

giphy.gif

So much for Watch_Doge

Yoshi88

Can anyone who's played Tropico 5 comment on how the performance is? I swear I read somewhere that it runs really badly on PS4, constant stuttering etc.

Yes there are slowdowns, especially with really big cities and zoomed out camera. Still, it's nowhere near noticeable or detrimental while playing. And even with my biggest cities, there is a point where it stabilizes performance independent of further city growth. IQ is quite good as well in my eyes. It runs like a city builder would run on PC with the settings just a tad too high for your specs, but still quite well and too pretty to dial it down.

Definitely good port und very underestimated seeing the genre can translate so well to console.

nib95

Banned
Haven't even heard of either of those two games. Metacritic wise they're just about decent, but not a strong month imo.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've literally played one PS+ game for more than 30 minutes and that was Rocket League, sadly I jumped in too late to get Infamous which I would have liked.

Celegus

Is tropico pretty easy to pick up? More along the lines of simcity than civilization? Civ has always been impenetrable to me, just don't have that kind of dedication.

Top Bottom