• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Gorlak

Banned
Ouro was STAB ME

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yet nobody wanted to do anything with him.

I was with you all night my poopoo. Always watching over you.

Ourobolus

Banned
So who did Gorlak end up Watching

EDIT: lol

I really didn't want to read into flavor but the fact that Tim gave me "STAB ME" made me a little concerned. :p

Gorlak

Banned
I just said what I did :p

Thing is I was a watcher and there was zero benefit for claiming or revealing, but I loved how everyone went "oh no something`s missing"

Anyone suspected me of being a PR? I showed that I spent a lot of time thinking about night actions and feared being too obvious about it.

This was fun (probably not so much for scum ;))

And Kyan has achieved his first town victory, good job

Ourobolus

Banned

Thing is I was a watcher and there was zero benefit for claiming or revealing, but I loved how everyone went "oh no something`s missing"

Anyone suspected me of being a PR? I showed that I spent a lot of time thinking about night actions and feared being too obvious about it.

I posted before I refreshed.

I actually thought you might be the Tracker/Watcher considering how hard you were going after me. Not concrete evidence, but you were my top suspect.

Gorlak

Banned
So who did Gorlak end up Watching

EDIT: lol

I really didn't want to read into flavor but the fact that Tim gave me "STAB ME" made me a little concerned. :p

If I had said I was "Tick" there was not so much thought practice needed to get to watch and my role.

CzarTim

Post game thoughts:

Setup, as guessed, was:

Cop / godfather
Watcher / ninja
Jailer

With the twist that both scum could kill each night.

Best case for scum is they win after three mislynches. Unfortunately scum decided to withhold one kill. The reasoning was they didn't want their godfather to be seen by a tracker -- which like, well just as much chance of a tracker hitting gf as cop hitting ninja. Use the tools at your disposal.

Anyway balance wise, jailer ended up being too potent. I was trying to avoid giving town too much information, but used offensively (even though it didn't affect this game) it was too much. I'd either go doctor or maybe even a bodyguard or something.

At the end of the day this was a bad scum game. Don't want to belabor too much, but there's a difference between coasting and not playing. Everyone has bad games though, so hopefully we'll do better next time

Town MVP was either Karl or melon. Both narrowed in on scum and lead the victory.

Thanks everyone for playing!

Kawl_USC

If pop had flipped vanilla town I was going to be very confused. I thought that he might be watcher and that melon was playing us. Vanilla pop flip means I jail melon.

Idk no tracker having claimed meant something was missing for the rest of town and threw suspicion on melon if the game went on. It doesn't change anything for you because you knew all was right in the world.

Just my two cents for future situations.

Kawl_USC

Post game thoughts:

Setup, as guessed, was:

Cop / godfather
Watcher / ninja
Jailer

With the twist that both scum could kill each night.

Best case for scum is they win after three mislynches. Unfortunately scum decided to withhold one kill. The reasoning was they didn't want their godfather to be seen by a tracker -- which like, well just as much chance of a tracker hitting gf as cop hitting ninja. Use the tools at your disposal.

Anyway balance wise, jailer ended up being too potent. I was trying to avoid giving town too much information, but used offensively (even though it didn't affect this game) it was too much. I'd either go doctor or maybe even a bodyguard or something.

At the end of the day this was a bad scum game. Don't want to belabor too much, but there's a difference between coasting and not playing. Everyone has bad games though, so hopefully we'll do better next time

Town MVP was either Karl or melon. Both narrowed in on scum and lead the victory.

Thanks everyone for playing!

I think in situations where there is a clear kill target jailer becomes strong as an offensive investigative tool.

I could see how it helps prevent follow the cop while not requiring a roleblocker for scum which lets you get creative there, but maybe if there was a role that protects and prevents any non killing action, but idk.

And thanks for running the game Tim! It was good to play again.

nin1000

Banned
Wtf ? That's it ? Oh lord. Well I had fun painting that missing picture of yours at work pop. Hi Peter you had fun.

Gg everyone.

Gorlak

Banned
But I wanted to watch you at night Kawl and catch the killer. If I had claimed, my power would have been useless, I die at night, next night you die and town has no idea and a few more green checks.

Exmachina don't let the ingame critique get to you. You did good and I really liked my idea of you being a neutral gif poster ;) And when I like my idea everything else just fits or I make them fit. You were a bigger help than Kyan ^.^

Kyanrute

But I wanted to watch you at night Kawl and catch the killer. If I had claimed, my power would have been useless, I die at night, next night you die and town has no idea and a few more green checks.

Exmachina don't let the ingame critique get to you. You did good and I really liked my idea of you being a neutral gif poster ;) And when I like my idea everything else just fits or I make them fit. You were a bigger help than Kyan ^.^

u just jelly of my town skills

Kawl_USC

Yea i can see that point of view. I think that gave enough benefit to without your claim, but providing the information also clears an additional town person and gives me an extra night to be pseudo cop.

But honestly we were in such an overwhelming position I don't think there was a wrong move.

Sawneeks

Banned
Didn't expect this to end so quickly. o:

Congrats to Town!

Melon is MVP. Her true form was not a Doctor, it was being a damn good Cop.

extra MVP points to Kyan and his next-level shitposts.

Top Bottom