• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

SalvaPot

I'm not saying there's a roleblocker at all, salva is. I am saying that salva's plan today was to lie about there being a roleblocker so that he could claim doctor and have an excuse for not being night killed.

I had no reason to add the roleblocker part if my plan was to fake claim been a doctor.

The only reason I did was because:

a) Its true.

b) It was new information for town, that up to this moment had no idea there was a roleblocker in the game.

But again, I'll be vindicated by my flip. I am just waiting for either the sweet release of death or a lynch from any player of my list. And since it seems that everyone is refusing to vote for scrafty, I'll follow nukedeggs in a vote I made earlier in the day:

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

squidyj

A lot of people are talking a whole lot of nonsense, nukedeggs talkin nonsense, bronx-man talking nonsense, blargonaut talking nonsense, even batsnacks talking nonsense.

don't lynch salvapot he's talked a lot of nonsense but he's probably not scum, unlike bronx-man or cornburrito. Scrafty as a distant third but her IRL difficulties answer some of the questions I'd been having about her.

I had no reason to add the roleblocker part if my plan was to fake claim been a doctor.

a) Its true.

b) It was new information for town, that up to this moment had no idea there was a roleblocker in the game.

But again, I'll be vindicated by my flip. I am just waiting for either the sweet release of death or a lynch from any player of my list. And since it seems that everyone is refusing to vote for scrafty, I'll follow nukedeggs in a vote I made earlier in the day:

the hell are you on about? you and scrafty are litterally tied for votes right now.

anyway, its 5 hours till the end of today, and im about to go sleep, so (and this is going to look very petty, but i guess ill just have to live with that)
Vote: Salvapot
I really dont believe a word that he has said today, and i think his flip will answer a lot of question regarding some others among us.

My vote would have been Scrafty, but RL being the cause of her inactivity make me think she deserves the benefit of the doubt, at least for today (as im certainly in no position to hold someones inactivity against them). Hopefully she can participate more tomorrow.
Corn has some votes on him, but while some of his actions have been pretty misguided, i dont think they were done without good intentions (but this may just be his actions in PW clouding my judgement).
Bronx has a couple too, but i honestly haven't paid enough attention too him so far to get any decent feeling on him, will definitely be looking closer at tomorrow.

good night peoples, i look forward to waking up to the aftermath of however the hell this plays out.

Oh yeah

Where the fuck is Blarg?

Also, Blarg has been promising big things for a while with nothing to show for it. I realize that he has been cleared by Squidy as non-scum, so I really want to get his input as well. The only thing he's posted recently was a GIF about how he's late with providing the cutting edge analysis he promised earlier. We don't have much time left before day end, and I don't know if he'll make it in time for his analysis to matter, if he has such an analysis at all. I feel like town's been collectively giving Blarg a lot of passes for his errant behavior but seriously we have to stop giving him passes at some point.

Where the fuck is Blarg?

Blargonaut, I hope you deliver. I think your current behavior hurts town more than helps, but if you have some next level analysis coming up I'm hype to see it.

Where the fuck is Blarg?

LA DIABLA also asks we reconsider the result given to one Blargonaut, as he seems very content to sit back and cut promos while everyone else does the work, which is NOT AT ALL exemplary Face behaviour!

Where the fuck is Blarg?

Where the fuck is Blarg?

▶

cNDo0gE.gif

batsnacks

We could always just lynch scrafty today. She totally disappeared after things started flipping back towards salva. I think they're both mafia so either one is okay with me.

a) Its true.

What? Do you not know how to count? Before this post, Scrafty was on 3 votes and Stanley was on 1.

And I'm going to be fucking pissed if you are the doctor. We're already in awful shape, what with losing 5 townies by day 2, and your "plan" is to look really fucking shady so you get lynched so we have a list of people that voted for you to look at? No, fuck off. That's fucking stupid. I mean at least we have cabot back so things have shifted slightly back in our favour, but we've still lost way more town at this point than any of us should be comfortable with, now is not the time to be coming up with dumb fucking plans that involve someone who is potentially the fucking doctor getting lynched.

ARGH

6YsoO2F.gif

Palmer_v1

I'm headed out to my game store for the day so I'm not going to be able to do much posting today. I'm fine with Salvapot or Scrafty. Blarg has waited too long if he wants to sway the proceedings.

Burbeting

Banned
The whole Salva thing frustrates me. I mean, by all things considered, he has played all of this very scummily, but at the same time his reactions feel somewhat genuine... But like RNH said... why?

It's really frustrating, and I'm now unsure what to think. Just so you know Salva though, we are getting potentially closer to LYLO, so if you are a doctor, this was far from optimal play.

ultron87

Salva keeps saying stuff along the lines of "oh towns gonna feel soooo dumb when I flip" and is shifting the blame. It feels like a psychological tactic where he's trying to exploit the fear of being wrong to get people not to vote for him. It is sowing despair instead of trying to help town as much as possible even if he does end up flipping town. Obviously if he flips town we *are* in pretty bad shape, but we should keep soldiering on as long as we're able.

I'd vote for Scrafty, as I've wanted to since Day 1, also. If Salva is telling the truth the situation should be handled pretty quickly either way.

nukedeggs

I might not be very available today because of personal matters. However I wanted to say that I'm feeling pretty uneasy about lynching Salva or Scrafty. While I'm still unsure about this, both of their reactions feel...strangely real to me. It could be a good psychological tactic though as Ultron said, but shit it is making me feel really uncertain. What if Scrafty really is town, but was too busy to commit to the game? What if Salva really is our doctor, and he just made really bad and confusing plays?

At the moment I would be down for a Bronx-Man, Terra, or Stanley lynch. If it comes down to Salva and Scrafty, I'd lean towards Salva.

cabot

I would also say it would be quite unhelpful to scum team mates if Scrafty wasn't around and didn't get a replacement.

Can we kill Bronx-Man?

A lot of people are talking a whole lot of nonsense, nukedeggs talkin nonsense, bronx-man talking nonsense, blargonaut talking nonsense, even batsnacks talking nonsense.

don't lynch salvapot he's talked a lot of nonsense but he's probably not scum, unlike bronx-man or cornburrito. Scrafty as a distant third but her IRL difficulties answer some of the questions I'd been having about her.

Agreed. Salva likely isn't scum because he is a neutral serial killer.

nukedeggs

I would also say it would be quite unhelpful to scum team mates if Scrafty wasn't around and didn't get a replacement.

Can we kill Bronx-Man?
I would be down for a Bronx-Man lynch. He hasn't really said much and a lot of what he said has been kinda following the crowd. When he does say something strong he doesn't tend to really back it up with a vote. The sudden Scrafty vote seemed strange too.

Vote: Bronx-Man

Agreed. Salva likely isn't scum because he is a neutral serial killer.
I'm not sure if I follow. Why would a neutral SK be so...outwardly strange? He'd want to preserve himself so why do the near-hammer and the very visible Doctor claim? Is it because you think he only needs one more night to fulfill a win condition or something?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I would be down for a Bronx-Man lynch. He hasn't really said much and a lot of what he said has been kinda following the crowd. When he does say something strong he doesn't tend to really back it up with a vote. The sudden Scrafty vote seemed strange too.

Again, why do you keep thinking my vote for Scrafty is sudden? I've called her out for being scum since the very start.

I'm not sure if I follow. Why would a neutral SK be so...outwardly strange? He'd want to preserve himself so why do the near-hammer and the very visible Doctor claim? Is it because you think he only needs one more night to fulfill a win condition or something?

Maybe he just fucked up. It happens.

Can we kill Bronx-Man?

So I've been thinking about Scrafty

Is it possible she's SK?

I mean, I'm going to do a bit of a 180 here and base this on the wrestler she claimed rather than how she's playing, but I had a thought about her roleclaim, especially in light of all the other roles that have come out

So everyone so far has been a WWE wrestler and she's picked a WCW wrestler. Fine, ok, whatever. What's weird about it to me is that he's...pretty fucking obscure, right?

Like, let's just list out who we've had:
Ted DiBiase
The Rock
Hornswaggle
Sting
Mick Foley
The Undertaker
(Possibly) Big Show

So aside from Hornswoggle, those are all some pretty big names, and even Hornswoggle's probably the most famous dwarf wrestler so he has that going for him.

Disco Inferno? Like, I admit don't particularly know much about WCW other than stuff to do with the nWo and that they had people like Jericho, Malenko, Guerrero etc. before their WWE runs, but I hadn't heard of this guy before this game.

So then, assuming she's lying, if people are right that the heels have a list of safe roleclaims they can use, why have such an obscure guy as a fake roleclaim? Like either that's a really weird choice from nin, or Scrafty decided to go off and do her own thing, but I can't imagine a scum team would be too happy with that, right? On the other hand, if she's SK, then would she even get fake roleclaims? She wouldn't have any team mates to help her out either.

I mean I've made a few assumptions here which if I'm wrong about will mess up the entire theory, but...that makes sense right?

Oh, I forgot Shane McMahon from the list, but again, he's the bosses son, and has a match at this year's 'Mania. With The Undertaker.

So again, not exactly obscure.

But yeah, basically: Claim obscure wrestler to minimise chances of roleclaim clash. Who would do that, if scum have safe roleclaims?

Maybe the serial killer. Just maybe.

▶

1. [-] Seath — TED DIBIASE, Town-aligned RNG Inventor | 1-shot "Reveal"? OR 1-shot Roleblock OR 1-shot Track [lynched D1]
6. [m] RetroMG — DWAYNE 'THE ROCK' JOHNSON, Town-aligned 3-shot Investigator [eliminated N1]
12. [m] *Splinter — MICK FOLEY, Town-aligned Jack-of-All-Trades | 1-shot Gift a Power OR 1-shot Daytime Kill OR 1-shot RNG50/50 Watcher or Bodyguard OR 1-shot self-Power Reload [eliminated N1]
18. [m] MagnumBoy20xx — STING, Town-aligned 2-shot Vigilante [eliminated N1]
19. [m] Kalor — HORNSWOGGLE, Town-aligned Hider [eliminated N1]
9. [m] Kawl_USC — GOLDBERG, Town-aligned Citizen [lynched D2]

---
22 players. 16 remain.

6/16 HAVE CLAIMED NAMES & ROLES
3/16 HAVE DISPLAYED VALIDATED POWERS: batsnacks, squidyj & cabot
2/16 MAX.? MAY BE UNDISCOVERED NEUTRALS?

POSSIBLE ROLES IN EFFECT
- unknown-aligned Power Thief/Vanilla-izer, claimed to exist by squidyj who said he was targeted N1 by this mysterious stranger but the theft/vanilla-izing attempt allegedly failed, Burbeting also claims to have had his Miller role erased on N2 by this enigmatic figure

2. [m] cabot — THE UNDERTAKER?, ?-aligned x-shot? Living Dead (?/? shots remaining; D3, self-revived from N2 death, ...)
3. [m] Bowlie [m] Bronx-Man — ?
4. [f] ScraftyDevil — DISCO INFERNO?, Town?-aligned 3-shot? Commuter? (?/3 shots remaining; N1, alleges no use?, N2, ?, ...)
5. [m] Burbeting — CM PUNK?, Town-aligned Miller? -> role erased on N2?, now Town?-aligned Citizen?
7. [m] Palmer_v1 — ?
8. [m] StanleyPalmtree — ?
10. [m] batsnacks — ?, Town-or-Neutral?-aligned Doublevoter
11. [m] squidyj — SHANE MCMAHON?, Town?-aligned 1-shot? Daytime Investigator? (no shots remaining; D1, investigated Blargonaut for negative scum result? ...) -> role erased on N1?, now Town?-aligned Citizen?
13. [m] Terrabyte20xx — ?
14. [m] Matt Attack — ?
15. [m] CornBurrito — ?
16. [m] SalvaPot — BIG SHOW?, Town?-aligned Self-capable? Doctor?
17. [m] RobotNinjaHornets — ?
20. [m] Blargonaut — ?, Town-or-Neutral?-aligned ?
21. [f] nukedeggs — ?
22. [m] ultron87 — ?​
---

Miscellaneous reads:
  • After his Day power use on me, D2 squidy claims a Vanilla-izer attempted to erase and/or steal his role during N1... then Today, Burbeting claims a similar Vanilla-izer oh-so conveniently erased his Miller role from existence? Okay.
  • N1. Four deaths. How? Who?
    1st death = *Splinter, died (KILLED BY SCUM? OR NEUTRAL? OR BY VISITING A VETERAN ROLE? OR BY MAGNUM?)
    2nd death = RetroMG, died (KILLED BY SCUM? OR NEUTRAL? OR BY VISITING A VETERAN ROLE? OR BY MAGNUM?)
    3rd death = Kalor, died when most likely auto-killed due to hiding behind a scum member (KILLED BY THE GUARDIANS)
    4th death = MagnumBoy20xx, died (KILLED BY SCUM? OR NEUTRAL?)

1 scum-kill likely accounted for. 1 Vigilante kill by Magnum likely accounted for (possible when all kills occur irregardless of the killer themself being simultaneously killed). 1 likely system auto-kill accounted for. And since all four were active-type power roles, any one of those four may have died because they visited a Veteran role out there, and thus died from the passive counterattack; so, a possible Veteran role (which is highly likely to exist here, considering all these Night visit-capable roles) accounted for, all among these four deaths.

That leaves 1 THIRD-PARTY Neutral/or 2nd Vigilante/or extra scum kill? kill, by an unknown active-type assailant...

So, come N2, there's a known pool of at least 2 Night-kills to be expected as upcoming events, and one passive possibility.
    + the scum's NK
    + the THIRD-PARTY's NK.
    OR 1 counterattack visitor-trap of unknown shots remaining​
  • Then, CABOT USED PHOENIX DOWN!?

When cabot THE UNDERTAKER "died" on N2, note that there was no second casualty last Night. Hence, a handful of theories:
    - N2; one of the two NK's was roleblocked. One of them went through on cabot, and the other one was stopped. If stopped, this would indeed tellingly coincide with SalvaPot's 'reveal' of being roleblocked last Night, but I'll get to that soon.
    - Or, cabot is the THIRD-PARTY killer, and when he was killed his attack on whoever didn't go through; however, in this game this scenario is considered unlikely, as circumstantially evidenced by Magnum's N1 Vigilante kill going through despite being killed himself N1. But, could this be a handicap set on such a power role proven to be able to rise from the dead, that cabot has proven to be?

What if cabot THE UNDERTAKER is the Neutral SK that can kill someone every Night, but with the express caveat of it not working/going through on any Night that he himself dies on?

Beside the roleblock+ scenario above, there is also the possibility that SK cabot simply died last Night after targeting the Veteran role out there, and came back as per his self-revive power.

~
FOR IT WHAT TERRIBLE DESTRUCTION THOU HAST WROUGHT

...'TIL NOW.

The Case
COMING NEXT

We've got 15 minutes left btw

Vote count from the vote count machine, not sure if it's 100% up to date but seems that way:

cornburrito (2)
squidyj 1840 (1936)
scraftydevil 1843
salvapot 1844 (1944)
squidyj 2042 (2114)
squidyj 2130

scraftydevil (2)
burbeting 1886 (2177)
squidyj 1936 (2040)
palmer_v1 2112
squidyj 2114 (2130)
bronx-man 2115