• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

cabot

VOTE: Bronx-Man

giphy.gif

Palmer_v1

If we had a neutral, SK or otherwise, who is most likely? Also, does anyone think we DON'T have a neutral?

2. [m] Cabot - Nope
3. [m] Bronx-man - Maybe? It's a long shot.
4. [f] ScraftyDevil - Would explain a lot about her behavior. Did she have anything against the N1 dead players? I feel like she could have gone after Cabot N2.
5. [m] Burbeting - Possible, but unlikely. I think I'm the only person poking at his claims, so I'd be surprised that I'm alive if he were SK.
7. [m] Palmer_v1 - Ayy
8. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Hardcore lurking. Could easily be a neutral, IMO.
10. [m] Batsnacks - SK Doublevoter? Feels like one of those "It's so crazy it just might work" things.
11. [m] Squidyj - Nope. No fucking way do we have xamxiety again already.
13. [m] Terrabyte20xx - Also hardcore lurking.
14. [m] Matt Attack - Also hardcore lurking
15. [m] CornBurrito - He's acting weird, but his most outspoken critics are still alive, so doubtful.
16. [m] SalvaPot - Top of my list, here. I think the RB is damning, and he didn't consider the ramifications of admitting he was RB'd adn claiming doc, since a doc would not get a report.
17. [m] RobotNinjaHornets - Unlikely. He's been more active without also being super weird.
20. [m] Blargonaut - Maybe this is what he claims in a bit? Who fucking knows. Can we policy lynch him?
21. [f] Nukedeggs - No. She's been too proactive.
22. [m] Ultron87 - Lurking. Gut says no.

Burbeting

Banned
No neutral (or at least - no neutral SK) is always a possibility, but with so many deaths in N1, it's hard to not think that there is one. Splinter's death seems most suspicious (and no, I seriously doubt there is a scum veteran).

Burbeting

Banned
Also Palmer, I'll still remind that I think everyone who were Roleblocked in Nin's last game was notified (or at least PR's with submittable commands?). There was even three roleblockers in that game, all with their own flavor added to those Roleblock notifications. Aka. I wouldn't completely pass Salva's claim of receiving info about being RB'd impossible.

What's interesting is if nobody got any RB notification in N1 (and again, I don't anyone want to claim this for the time being, no need for unnecessary roleclaims).

Palmer_v1

Also Palmer, I'll still remind that I think everyone who were Roleblocked in Nin's last game was notified (or at least PR's with submittable commands?). There was even three roleblockers in that game, all with their own flavor added to those Roleblock notifications. Aka. I wouldn't completely pass Salva's claim of receiving info about being RB'd impossible.

What's interesting is if nobody got any RB notification in N1 (and again, I don't anyone want to claim this for the time being, no need for unnecessary roleclaims).

I don't think claiming RB on N1 is bad if it really does notify you, cause we can't take that as evidence of power role. Just that someone RB'd you.

batsnacks

uh if someone got roleblocked n1 they need to claim days ago.

Burbeting

Banned
uh if someone got roleblocked n1 they need to claim days ago.

If ordinaries are not informed, someone claiming (who hasn't claimed/confirmed role yet) being RB'd could give lot scum more information about town PR identities. We have lost quite alot PR's at this point, N1 by itself got four of them killed.

Obviously there would be lot of benefits in claiming too, as it would give us more information about if Salva is telling the truth about the block/block pm or not. But there is multiple angles to consider.

batsnacks

If ordinaries are not informed, someone claiming (who hasn't claimed/confirmed role yet) being RB'd could give lot scum more information about town PR identities. We have lost quite alot PR's at this point, N1 by itself got four of them killed.

Obviously there would be lot of benefits in claiming too, as it would give us more information about if Salva is telling the truth about the block/block pm or not. But there is multiple angles to consider.

Roleblocks are either notified or not it's not a case by case thing?

batsnacks

I'm unsure how it would work here. Ordinaries don't have any powers at all, so it's a possibility that they are not informed. I need to check how it was handled in HP.

It doesn't matter whether they have powers or not. You either get a message that you were roleblocked or you don't, the target makes no difference.

Usually, you don't, because notifications make the role much stronger for town and much weaker for mafia.

Burbeting

Banned
Looks like in HP ordinary was targeted by a RB power just once, but that was a neutral power with secondary win condition. I forgot HP had so little amount of ordinaries (4 out 28) that almost every single time RB's hit power roles, that were notified. So not much info to go with that.

squidyj

No neutral (or at least - no neutral SK) is always a possibility, but with so many deaths in N1, it's hard to not think that there is one. Splinter's death seems most suspicious (and no, I seriously doubt there is a scum veteran).

you're over privileging n1 and ignoring n2 in order to come to this conclusion. Unless Salvapot is scum, the roleblock blocked the scum kill action and the SK went through on n2 on cabot. I say scum for salva because there's a chance that a solo SK would be immune to that.

This might also play into salva's weirdness.

Palmer_v1

Roleblocks are either notified or not it's not a case by case thing?

There's a few different things that could happen.

A Role Blocker like HP who notifies his target every time. It would not matter if Salva was Ordinary, Scum, neutral, Doc. He'll get a PM about it.

A normal Role Blocker who doesn't notify his targets directly, but they'll know that SOMETHING happened if they have a role that would get results. In this case, an Ordinary would never know they were role blocked, but a Cop would. The Cop knows, because instead of getting a Town/Scum report, he's going to get a no result report. This is the same report he would get for targeting a commuter, ascetic, or someone who is jailed. A doctor normally does not receive a report on their actions, btw.

And then there's any number of odd made up permutations, which is really annoying when Gafia uses them. We should really be standardizing how basic roles work.

batsnacks

I still think the roleblock is made up and that salva/scrafty are both mafia and that mafia's plan is to bus scrafty today.

Even if I'm wrong and the roleblock isn't made up that would seriously implicate salva as the neutral killer.

SalvaPot

I like how must people ignore what more likely happened to the roleblock in night 1.

It hit one of the 5 players that died, and that is why no one claimed to be hit by it, because it failed. That or is a scum roleblockers.

Or I am full of shit.

batsnacks

Well magnum's shot appears to have gone off so I doubt he was roleblocked.

kalor probably died in the process of hiding so I doubt he was roleblocked.

Retro might have been roleblocked but I think given the choice between roleblocking a vigilante vs some unclaimed role, I think mafia would have roleblocked the vigilante.

Splinter hadn't claimed any role, so I don't see him being roleblocked over the other claimed roles.

The explanation that makes the most sense to me is salva lying so that he has an excuse other than self heal as to why he's never night killed. It would look extremely suspicious for salva to keep claiming self heal as a reason for survival.

nukedeggs

Well magnum's shot appears to have gone off so I doubt he was roleblocked.

kalor probably died in the process of hiding so I doubt he was roleblocked.

Retro might have been roleblocked but I think given the choice between roleblocking a vigilante vs some unclaimed role, I think mafia would have roleblocked the vigilante.

Splinter hadn't claimed any role, so I don't see him being roleblocked over the other claimed roles.

The explanation that makes the most sense to me is salva lying so that he has an excuse other than self heal as to why he's never night killed. It would look extremely suspicious for salva to keep claiming self heal as a reason for survival.
To be fair, Splinter did hint to something in these two posts:

In this case it might be possible to verify Scrafty? I'd recommend leaving her a alive.

Though... I won't be able to verify her myself, so this isn't a super tight plan
No. I was thinking "not a watcher", but all I really meant was I wasn't planning to check Scrafty myself, in case it looked like that

I don't know if it's enough for mafia to pick up as a candidate for roleblock, but after Splinter's flip these posts do seem a little interesting.

I can see a scenario where scum thought that vig had a stronger chance of hitting town than scum, so they let his shot go off and roleblocked Retro instead. There's so many roles that a roleblocker being in the fray doesn't seem unreasonable.

batsnacks

To be fair, Splinter did hint to something in these two posts:

I don't know if it's enough for mafia to pick up as a candidate for roleblock, but after Splinter's flip these posts do seem a little interesting.

I can see a scenario where scum thought that vig had a stronger chance of hitting town than scum, so they let his shot go off and roleblocked Retro instead. There's so many roles that a roleblocker being in the fray doesn't seem unreasonable.

Maybe but I think the case for there being no roleblocker and salva lying is stronger.

So I am going to be #onaplane for a few hours.

I said before Salva is full of shit and the conversation has driven that further. My vote will be on Salva for now. I can check back in a couple hours.

Vote: Salvapot

Burbeting

Banned
It's common practice to balance doctors by keeping either self heal or consecutive heal unusable, or both. If doc could do both, they could be potentially game breaking.

Would nin really unbalance it? Or did Salva just let out a lie.

Burbeting

Banned
I was expecting response like "I won't say the name because I can't target same person consecutively", but instead he admitted that he had

1. Targeted batsnacks twice in a row.
2. Is going to target for a third time in a row.

Added with the fact that Salva already claimed self heal being possible.

batsnacks

Speculating about role mechanics isn't even necessary really. Salva got kawl lynched, who he didn't think was mafia, just to see if he could. Salva then tried to turbo corn, who he didn't think was mafia, just to see if he could.

Then these claims come out and there's a sudden shift to scrafty. I feel really strongly about everything I said in this post, I think it sums up the reality of this situation accurately.

SalvaPot

I was expecting response like "I won't say the name because I can't target same person consecutively", but instead he admitted that he had

1. Targeted batsnacks twice in a row.
2. Is going to target for a third time in a row.

Added with the fact that Salva already claimed self heal being possible.

Yep, this is all true.

Honestly by this point I am not going to self-vote anymore, I honestly feel more confident about your towniness now burb, since you are actually taking time to consider all possibilities. I hope that when I flip town, the townies don't try to blame you of this and instead look back at the list of suspects I shared a few pages back.

I think palmer, nukedeggs, and burb are the most trustworthy in the game so far, even if they are going after me they did so after taking into account every possibility. All the others seem to be piling on me just because they know I am not scum or because they are too lazy to talk.

And I decided to protect bats because his power could be beneficial to town and it was visible enough to be the obvious target of a kill, but I am not confident he is actually town himself.

SalvaPot

Speculating about role mechanics isn't even necessary really. Salva got kawl lynched, who he didn't think was mafia, just to see if he could. Salva then tried to turbo corn, who he didn't think was mafia, just to see if he could.

Then these claims come out and there's a sudden shift to scrafty. I feel really strongly about everything I said in this post, I think it sums up the reality of this situation accurately.

...I do think corn is mafia, what are you talking about.

And my response to bronx was later expanded upon. I did vote for kawl because I could, because I wanted to see how the players would react to it. If kawl did not vote for himself, do you really think someone else would have hammered? Really?

batsnacks

...I do think corn is mafia, what are you talking about.

And my response to bronx was later expanded upon. I did vote for kawl because I could, because I wanted to see how the players would react to it. If kawl did not vote for himself, do you really think someone else would have hammered? Really?
When burb asked you "why corn?" your response was:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199658876&postcount=1929

I didn't read that as "I thought corn was mafia so I voted him" I read it as "Eh what the hell, lets see where it [voting corn] gets us."

SalvaPot

When burb asked you "why corn?" your response was:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199658876&postcount=1929

I didn't read that as "I thought corn was mafia so I voted him" I read it as "Eh what the hell, lets see where it [voting corn] gets us."

At that point in time I had nothing to go about how scummy he was, but the way he responded to the few votes he had made him seem scummy to me. Was I the only one who found his defensiveness weird? He immediately proposed that me and scrafty were working together to, as to deflect the votes.

batsnacks

At that point in time I had nothing to go about how scummy he was, but the way he responded to the few votes he had made him seem scummy to me. Was I the only one who found his defensiveness weird? He immediately proposed that me and scrafty were working together to, as to deflect the votes.

That's after you voted him though.

You didn't first think corn was mafia and then vote corn.

You first thought scrafty and squid were mafia, then voted corn (only because a bandwagon was forming), then gave reasons for why corn is mafia based on his reaction to a weird bandwagon that formed on him 30 minutes into day 1.

I think it is reasonable for corn to be defensive about people voting him just to see where a bandwagon on him will go when there are a relatively high number of mafia players among us.

Corn's defensiveness isn't really relevant though. You voting someone just to see where a 30-minunte-into-the-day bandwagon would go is scummy, especially after yesterday when you jumped on the kawl bandwagon despite not thinking kawl was mafia. Whether or not you think someone would have hammered kawl it does not help town to vote people you don't think are mafia and put them 1 vote away from lynch.

ultron87

So for Salva to be telling the truth all these things must be true:

1) The Big Show is a Doctor role
2) The Doctor role can self heal
3) The Doctor role can heal the same target multiple nights in a row
4) This role blocker sends notifications that you were blocked even if your role doesn't have a result attached to it

This is a pile of things that seem rather unlikely. And the player selling it all has been acting pretty scummy. The fact that this all these claims keep coming out slowly also suggests that the story is being assembled piece by piece.

Vote: Salvapot

batsnacks

Like dude, you went from thinking scrafty and squid were mafia to joining them in voting corn... just because you wanted to see what would happen? I don't buy it at all.

Palmer_v1

Day 3 votes

cornburrito (2)
squidyj 1840 (1936)
scraftydevil 1843
salvapot 1844 (1944)
squidyj 2042 (2114)
squidyj 2130

scraftydevil (3)
burbeting 1886 (2177)
squidyj 1936 (2040)
palmer_v1 2112
squidyj 2114 (2130)
bronx-man 2115
salvapot 2117
burbeting 2183 (2226)

squidyj (0)
cornburrito 1888 (1903)
bronx-man 1895 (1909)

salvapot (3)
cornburrito 1941 (2016)
salvapot 1944 (2057)
bronx-man 1953 (2033)
nukedeggs 1995 (2020)
robotninjahornets 2026 (2026)
squidyj 2040 (2042)
palmer_v1 2069 (2112)
cornburrito 2140 (2227)
burbeting 2226
cornburrito 2227
ultron87 2237

stanleypalmtree (0)
salvapot 2057 (2117)

nukedeggs (0)
cabot 2106 (2151)

burbeting (0)
cabot 2151 (2201)

bronx-man (2)
robotninjahornets 2156
cabot 2201

palmer_v1 (0)
burbeting 2177 (2183)

9 for majority

SalvaPot

*sigh*

Might as well come clean on this, since I was hoping it would deter scum in actually killing and I won't be a sitting duck during the night.

I can't self-protect. I can only guard others during the night, every single night. I am telling this now so when I flip town players don't try to flip the blame on me for lying about my role.

SalvaPot

Killing me I mean. All I have done today was to convince town to keep me alive. I am aware of my scumminess and Kawl selfvoting pretty much screwed me over.

squidyj

if you thought cornburrito was a train....
oh wait CB's on this train.

would not touch this lynch with a 10 foot pole and you all are seriously dumb for considering it.

nukedeggs

Ugh, what bugs me is that this somehow seems too...bad a play for scum. Assuming scum Salva, scum had the whole night phase to prepare for this and to think of a way to deal with Salva's Kawl vote, and the best they could come up with was this really weird doctor claim? It just seems really shabby to me.

I can see scum trying to make Salva seem very scummy to bus and to have him take up a couple of days worth of conversation, but the least they could do was to try to make his claim more believable/better constructed. It's kinda like what Burb said earlier in #2182, he just seems...too scummy to be scum. Ugh this whole situation just feels really weird, combined with town's silence.

*sigh*

Might as well come clean on this, since I was hoping it would deter scum in actually killing and I won't be a sitting duck during the night.

I can't self-protect. I can only guard others during the night, every single night. I am telling this now so when I flip town players don't try to flip the blame on me for lying about my role.
Hmmm, but you said that you were going to keep protecting batsnacks while making it clear that you had no intention of self protecting, if I remember correctly. Did you think that scum would be faked out by the possibility of you protecting yourself?

batsnacks

His claim makes no sense though.

If he was, in fact, roleblocked then it makes no difference whether he can self protect or not mafia can just roleblock and kill him no matter what. He wouldn't need to lie about this because it's pointless.

He is just trying to save himself in any way he can because after he flips mafia scrafty is next. Their plan was to sacrifice scrafty and save salva needs to fail.

nukedeggs

If he was, in fact, roleblocked then it makes no difference whether he can self protect or not mafia can just roleblock and kill him no matter what. He wouldn't need to lie about this because it's pointless.

He is just trying to save himself in any way he can because after he flips mafia scrafty is next. Their plan was to sacrifice scrafty and save salva needs to fail.
Right, that's true...ugh, I was going in WIFOM circles there.

There is an alternative scum plan for this as well - bussing Salva instead of Scrafty. The Kawl vote was sudden, would shine a spotlight on Salva, who's been acting scummy all game, and scum knew it would take up Town conversation the next day. However, they didn't want to take up a little conversation. They wanted to take up a lot of conversation because they wanted to draw conversation away from all the other scum. Since scum knows that so many Town are dead, they knew it would be harder to avoid suspicion from here on out, so they figured they'd focus it on Salva, who after the Kawl incident would be looking the scummiest.

Thus, they constructed the doctor claim. Maybe they even made it kinda shitty on purpose so that they would have people doubting and thinking, "this is way too scummy to be scum." Salva would deteriorate throughout the day and draw more conversation. Soon all conversation would be about Salva.

That said, I do want to put some pressure on inactives who have been slipping under the radar. Bronx-Man hasn't chimed in lately, I don't think Matt Attack has chimed in since Cabot came back from the dead, so I want his take on events now, Stanley I feel like has completely disappeared, and Terra's latest post, well...

As someone who regularly watches wrestling *points to tag*

Big Show would make way more sense as a strong man. I don't really buy the big show as a doc thing, but flavor shouldn't be our defining factor when it comes to lynching.

Yeahhh this doesn't really say anything. This is basically saying 'based on flavor this is weird but we shouldn't base things on flavor'. Very noncommittal.

Also, Blarg has been promising big things for a while with nothing to show for it. I realize that he has been cleared by Squidy as non-scum, so I really want to get his input as well. The only thing he's posted recently was a GIF about how he's late with providing the cutting edge analysis he promised earlier. We don't have much time left before day end, and I don't know if he'll make it in time for his analysis to matter, if he has such an analysis at all. I feel like town's been collectively giving Blarg a lot of passes for his errant behavior but seriously we have to stop giving him passes at some point.

It feels like a lot of people think that scum is bussing somebody. If that's the case, then their play is working, because we haven't talked about much other than Scrafty and Salva today. It feels like we really need to pressure some inactives just so we aren't left with nothing tomorrow after Salva or Scrafty's flip. We need some more leads before the day ends.

I'll start with a vote on Stanley. You've only been popping in once every so often, and when you do pop in you either give safe opinions that don't take a stand or you are reactionary. I think your strongest worded post was the one made shortly before Kawl's hammer, but even that was repeating what others had said throughout the day. You did give two reads earlier after I pressured you, but your reads were that top town was Cabot and your top scum was Scrafty, which are the safest two reads possible. You also said that you thought Salva was scummy after I asked, but you never expressed this opinion before. I want to know, what are your opinions on other people? Out of the inactives, who do you think is most likely to be scum? Do you have an analysis on the current state of the Salva situation?
Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Ugh, what bugs me is that this somehow seems too...bad a play for scum. Assuming scum Salva, scum had the whole night phase to prepare for this and to think of a way to deal with Salva's Kawl vote, and the best they could come up with was this really weird doctor claim? It just seems really shabby to me.

I can see scum trying to make Salva seem very scummy to bus and to have him take up a couple of days worth of conversation, but the least they could do was to try to make his claim more believable/better constructed. It's kinda like what Burb said earlier in #2182, he just seems...too scummy to be scum. Ugh this whole situation just feels really weird, combined with town's silence.

Hmmm, but you said that you were going to keep protecting batsnacks while making it clear that you had no intention of self protecting, if I remember correctly. Did you think that scum would be faked out by the possibility of you protecting yourself?

Or maybe Salva is a neutral serial killer.

squidyj

why are you so convinced it's a mafia roleblock?

batsnacks

why are you so convinced it's a mafia roleblock?

I'm not saying there's a roleblocker at all, salva is. I am saying that salva's plan today was to lie about there being a roleblocker so that he could claim doctor and have an excuse for not being night killed.

Top Bottom