• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

cabot

Cabot, why do you think RNH is leaning scum while Stanley is in Ehhh? I perceive RNH as having contributed more overall than Stanley.

RNH I've mentioned, Stanley is in the 'not active enough' awkward cloud where I can't really get any sort of a good read on him.

The lynch pool is bigger now that we had no kills, so we need to really think carefully about who to lynch.

I'm less sure of Scrafty now after what she said, she wouldn't use RL reasons just to avoid a lynch as scum.

Woah, a lot happened while I was asleep then.

Full disclosure: I'm not going to have too much time to post this evening, so you'll probably only get some sporadic posts through the day while I'm at work/on a train

I'll just comment on the biggest thing for now - cabot revival. Welcome back! This seems way too powerful to be a heel manoeuvre, could be tweener (I found the flavour word for neutral yaay) but for now I'm going to assume you're a face and I was just completely off-base. Either way, we've pushed the end of the game a bit further away, so woo!

More hot takes coming soon.

We should be safely out of MYLO/LYLO with Cabot's return.

Worst case, 6 votes vs 11. Even if we mislynch, and 2 die tonight, we're at 6v8 tomorrow.

I feel like everybody is pussy-footing around the idea of lynching Scrafty to eliminate a lot of questions, and I'm kind of tired of it. I have no reason to think she's Town except for hunches. Objectively, she has not really done anything to help town when I go back through her posts.

Vote: Scraftydevil

Her flip will make me feel a lot better/worse about Burbeting in particular. It will also eliminate a lot of possibilities for Kalor/Splinter deaths.

she's basically been ignoring me which hurts my feelings. There are two people I actually want to lynch today and I'm reasonably happy about either of them.

Vote: ScraftyDevil

what's your win condition scrafty?

Glad to see we're finally cutting the bullshit and just going for the most obvious scum here. We might have been able to save more town if we did this sooner.

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

I want to mention that I was the one who brought up that Scrafty might be Veteran scum, but later on someone pointed out that the hider role would die if it targeted someone that is not town, so my current narrative is that both could be true.

Scrafty could be Veteran Scum, Kalor believed the commuter claim and went to her. Either way kalor died because of it.

You know you don't have to all vote at the same time right?

In fact, Bronx-Man, if you think Scrafty is a heel, why didn't you vote for her before now? That's jumping out as super weird to me, like someone doesn't want to push for a vote themselves. You know, in that scummy "I don't want to be the one who started this train in case it means people take closer notice of me" kind of way.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Explain yourself.

*type type type type*

blu_1459620000.png

t1459526400z0.png
[/INDENT]
t1459526400z0.png
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
t1459526400z0.png
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

ABSVIYB.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
You know you don't have to all vote at the same time right?

In fact, Bronx-Man, if you think Scrafty is a heel, why didn't you vote for her before now? That's jumping out as super weird to me, like someone doesn't want to push for a vote themselves. You know, in that scummy "I don't want to be the one who started this train in case it means people take closer notice of me" kind of way.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Explain yourself.
There were people that got a bigger focus from me since they posted more often than Scrafty and their scuminess was easier to be sure about.

There were people that got a bigger focus from me since they posted more often than Scrafty and their scuminess was easier to be sure about.

Except your post said that she's the most obvious and we should've done it sooner? Which is kind of the opposite of the bolded? Surely if someone's the most obvious, then that means it's easy to be sure about them?

nukedeggs

RNH I've mentioned, Stanley is in the 'not active enough' awkward cloud where I can't really get any sort of a good read on him.

The lynch pool is bigger now that we had no kills, so we need to really think carefully about who to lynch.

I'm less sure of Scrafty now after what she said, she wouldn't use RL reasons just to avoid a lynch as scum.
That's the thing about RNH, though - the fact that he's speaking up more and more since D1 makes me feel better about him, and I feel like at this point Town has to stop and consider everyone, so the fact that he was mulling you over too shows to me that he might be inquisitive town. While scum don't want town having people to trust, I feel like at that point your position as the towniest town was so strong that scum probably figured that they'd have better chances of killing you than of trying to convince town you're scum. Stanley's inactivity combined with reactionary responses and lack of contributing when he does post just makes me think of him as being coasting scum at this point.

Here's my bottom line: anyone being incredibly apathetic or disconnected today is likely to be scum. A scum team of 4 or 5 can afford to lose a scum member today, they don't give a shit. We as town should be looking into corners and questioning everything because everything's so quiet at this point that it works to scum's advantage.

I think at this point in the game scum don't need to be active or push hard for anything, because they can afford to lose a scum right now. Sure maybe there are some scum are coming in and acting as scummy as possible because they literally don't give a shit and are dancing on town's corpse right now, but that doesn't seem like it makes much sesnse for them to do at this point. See, that's the thing I just couldn't reconcile about Salva's extremely suspicious vote yesterday - why would scum do that? There's no reason for them to. They're far ahead, and there's no need for them to put one of their own in the firing range so obviously visibly.

There are some players today who have trickled off and stopped posting, and some players who are just plain inactive...scum not giving a shit, or bored town who've given up?

I feel like Burbeting's activity has dropped off, but he did just say that he had IRL commitments. Stanley hasn't said anything. Palmer, you haven't given your thoughts on Scrafty after her post, has it changed or do you still think she's scum? Squidy's been voting a lot but not backing it up a lot. Terra was posting more earlier today but has trickled off (and his latest two posts didn't help matters). Bronx-Man has been saying strong words but not actually backing them up with votes.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Except your post said that she's the most obvious and we should've done it sooner? Which is kind of the opposite of the bolded? Surely if someone's the most obvious, then that means it's easy to be sure about them?
People had reasons for wanting to save Scrafty for later, so I figured I would put it off for just a while afterwards. Keep in mind that I was the only one that wanted Scrafty lynched after Mangum's death, but multiple people suddenly got on me for suggesting she could've been the one behind it.

cabot

Oh I should clarify - Bronx-Man has been saying opinions and throwing shade, but when he votes he tends to follow the crowd.

I don't think Bronx has done anything to change my scummy view of Bowlie before he replaced in.

YOU HEAR ME BRONX-MAN?!? THE UNDERTAKER DOESN'T RESPECT YOU!

Burbeting

Banned
Sorry, I haven't had the chance to have a access to my laptop since wednesday evening, which is why I haven't been able to comment on the newest twists on this clearly not-bastard game (April's Fools!)

So, Cabot's role is actually x-shot resurrective? If someone had told me this role is in this game, I would have laughed, but seeing truly is believing in this case... At the very least, this helps us in deducing some things from N2, for example that there most likely is no PM-sweeper type of role in this game after all. Like cabot said, this puts the comments of people insisting that it could be a neutral power instead of scum one, into new light, since Scum team would have indeed known, that they have no PM sweeper.

It also opens up the possibilities of what alignment the Vanillaiser is. During my down-time, I started to think that it would be indeed possible for Vanillaiser to be Neutral role, since surely Scum wouldn't have 2 roles, that are sorta close to each other (at least imo). Now that PR-sweeper seems to be non-existent, it makes me think that Vanillaiser is more likely to be scum power, although that still doesn't answer why Scum would used said power (very possibly X-shot) on Squidyj and me.

I'll go through the other things in my next posts.

cabot

Oh I should clarify - Bronx-Man has been saying opinions and throwing shade, but when he votes he tends to follow the crowd.

What's your feelings on the alleged roleblocker theory Salva has pushed out?

If you believe they could exist, anything to add on top my guess?

It's possible the RB targeted one of the dead N1. Retro was most likely killed by Magnum right? If scum had a RB, they killed Magnum and RB Retro. That's the best guess in the 'There is a RB' scenario.

Burbeting

Banned
A quick question: Out of the claimed wrestlers so far, has any of the name claims clearly indicated they would be town-aligned wrestlers instead of scum?

Just asking, because I googled Big Shot's picture and... he sure looks big and strong. I don't know anything about any wrestlers, but based on his stature I would have guessed that his role would be a strongman.

Palmer_v1

That's the thing about RNH, though - the fact that he's speaking up more and more since D1 makes me feel better about him, and I feel like at this point Town has to stop and consider everyone, so the fact that he was mulling you over too shows to me that he might be inquisitive town. While scum don't want town having people to trust, I feel like at that point your position as the towniest town was so strong that scum probably figured that they'd have better chances of killing you than of trying to convince town you're scum. Stanley's inactivity combined with reactionary responses and lack of contributing when he does post just makes me think of him as being coasting scum at this point.

Here's my bottom line: anyone being incredibly apathetic or disconnected today is likely to be scum. A scum team of 4 or 5 can afford to lose a scum member today, they don't give a shit. We as town should be looking into corners and questioning everything because everything's so quiet at this point that it works to scum's advantage.

I think at this point in the game scum don't need to be active or push hard for anything, because they can afford to lose a scum right now. Sure maybe there are some scum are coming in and acting as scummy as possible because they literally don't give a shit and are dancing on town's corpse right now, but that doesn't seem like it makes much sesnse for them to do at this point. See, that's the thing I just couldn't reconcile about Salva's extremely suspicious vote yesterday - why would scum do that? There's no reason for them to. They're far ahead, and there's no need for them to put one of their own in the firing range so obviously visibly.

There are some players today who have trickled off and stopped posting, and some players who are just plain inactive...scum not giving a shit, or bored town who've given up?

I feel like Burbeting's activity has dropped off, but he did just say that he had IRL commitments. Stanley hasn't said anything. Palmer, you haven't given your thoughts on Scrafty after her post, has it changed or do you still think she's scum? Squidy's been voting a lot but not backing it up a lot. Terra was posting more earlier today but has trickled off (and his latest two posts didn't help matters). Bronx-Man has been saying strong words but not actually backing them up with votes.

Everything scrafty said applies just as well for scum as town. It doesn't change rhe fact that her flip will provide a lot of info.

cabot

At the very least, this helps us in deducing some things from N2, for example that there most likely is no PM-sweeper type of role in this game after all. Like cabot said, this puts the comments of people insisting that it could be a neutral power instead of scum one, into new light, since Scum team would have indeed known, that they have no PM sweeper.

I forgot to mention this, nukedeggs. RNH was one of the ones going for the neutral sweeper role.

cabot

A quick question: Out of the claimed wrestlers so far, has any of the name claims clearly indicated they would be town-aligned wrestlers instead of scum?

Just asking, because I googled Big Shot's picture and... he sure looks big and strong. I don't know anything about any wrestlers, but based on his stature I would have guessed that his role would be a strongman.

Eh, no scum flips mean we don't know if the scum themselves are normal wrasslers.

I said before I believe the scum to be The Authority. Since you don't know wrasslin, these are the people in charge of the WWE. Which is basically the McMahon family (minus Shane) and possibly Triple H.

Kane is also a possibility.

That's all I got so far.

Burbeting

Banned
On the "why did Salva know he was Roleblocked?" issue, in HP the roleblocked players were informed that this had happened to them. I know HP is not exactly... best point of reference, but it's the only lead we have on that issue, since nin was involved in that game.

Although, unless roleblock was targeted at dead player N1, someone must have got pm about that? No, I don't ask anyone to claim that, especially if they have a PR.

Burbeting

Banned
Question for Palmer. This was posted before Cabot resurrected and claimed Undertaker:

I actually think it was Cabot's role now. If it was a scum power, it would have been used N1 on Retro to really confuse the proceedings.

As for Cabot's role, think Undertaker.

So I do think there's a reasonable chance a doc or rb blocked scum, and cabot was a neutral kill, with salva role fishing on his way out.

Holy smokes Palmer, are you some sort of Wizard? There is countless of wrestlers out there, and you somehow guessed Dead Cabot's name right, but not role.

Or...

...Scum has a name cop. Nothing wrong in making "right guess" about cabot's name after he has died, right?

Burbeting

Banned
Vote: Palmer_v1

Name Cop for scum would make sense. They would have scanned Cabot in n1, found out he was the Undertaker, figured out it's some sort of PR, and killed him then off n2.

The name cop would have been countered with the fact that all of ordinaries are named as well.

Palmer_v1

Vote: Palmer_v1

Name Cop for scum would make sense. They would have scanned Cabot in n1, found out he was the Undertaker, figured out it's some sort of PR, and killed him then off n2.

The name cop would have been countered with the fact that all of ordinaries are named as well.

Nah. This is super meta but I've posted ONE gif this entire game, and Cabot had a funny reaction to it in Discord when I told Nin he might as well give me the 10 bucks. It was an Undertaker gif in response to Kawl. Then he died, but we got no info, which didn't line up with N1. Finally, I don't know a lot about wrestling, but I know Undertaker is still a thing after all these years, so I figured he would be in the game, and if anybody was going to "die" in a weird way, it's him.

I figured if I was right, everyone would know soon enough, though I thought he'd be back at the start of the next day. If I was wrong, no big deal.

Burbeting

Banned
Thoughts on Salva's claim:

Surely this game has some sort of doctor type of role, with so many people dead in N1, and with Splinter's role even more could have been possible, doctor role must exist, or then this game has been balanced very interestingly. But is Salva a doctor?

Ehhh...

I talked about the Big Shot looking more like a strongman instead of a doctor type of role, but like I said, I have zero experience on wrestlers. As long as we don't have any scum flips, we can't say for sure what the theming behind them will be. Only real indication we have right now is that it could be somehow tied to money (based on Squidyj's 1-shot-check), but that doesn't say much to me.

Even then though, the name claims themselves don't mean much in a game where Scum most likely has safe claims. According to wikipedia though, Big Shot was WWE, at least part of the time.

---

But that's enough of the technicalities of the claim, there is stuff to dig on Salva's behaviour itself. He had been very self-destructive after the beginning of this day, only to rebound with the claim. Even after the claim though, his self-destructiveness and basically asking for a pity party on him has continued onwards. But why would he try to ask for people to vote this much, even if it was sarcasm after the claim itself?

If Salva were scum, my first thought would be he having some sort of wolf-cub type of ability, but even then he wouldn't be this obvious, right? It would make sense for him to claim doc and bait someone to counter-claim it. But... even then, it boils down to "would scum be this obvious?".

I don't know.. but something bugs me here.

Burbeting

Banned
Nah. This is super meta but I've posted ONE gif this entire game, and Cabot had a funny reaction to it in Discord when I told Nin he might as well give me the 10 bucks. It was an Undertaker gif in response to Kawl. Then he died, but we got no info, which didn't line up with N1. Finally, I don't know a lot about wrestling, but I know Undertaker is still a thing after all these years, so I figured he would be in the game, and if anybody was going to "die" in a weird way, it's him.

I figured if I was right, everyone would know soon enough, though I thought he'd be back at the start of the next day. If I was wrong, no big deal.

K.

I'm not a big fan of this reasoning, since it's meta as hell. I do feel that it was somewhat genuine, so I'm shifting my vote back to Scrafty. One question though: why did you say that cabot would have been the PR sweeper? Or did you mean something else with that post.

Palmer_v1

K.

I'm not a big fan of this reasoning, since it's meta as hell. I do feel that it was somewhat genuine, so I'm shifting my vote back to Scrafty. One question though: why did you say that cabot would have been the PR sweeper? Or did you mean something else with that post.

Trust me, I feel shitty as hell about it, and I kinda wish I hadn't posted the theory, cause there's no real point. I didn't see any harm in it either though. Just trust me that I didn't acquire the knowledge through an nefarious means, and I am certainly not a Scum Name/Role Cop.

I also don't remember saying Cabot was specifically a Janitor. I thought there was a chance he was scum who had a passive that caused them not to flip. If it had been an active role, it was anyone BUT cabot. The other reasoning that pushed me towards the Undertaker idea is that if it was a Neutral or Scum Janitor, why wasn't it used N1? Why N2? It didn't make sense to me.

Glad it's resolved and we do not have a Janitor.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
As someone who regularly watches wrestling *points to tag*

Big Show would make way more sense as a strong man. I don't really buy the big show as a doc thing, but flavor shouldn't be our defining factor when it comes to lynching.

nukedeggs

Everything scrafty said applies just as well for scum as town. It doesn't change rhe fact that her flip will provide a lot of info.
What info would her flip give? You and Corn have both been repeating this a lot but neither of you have explained it. I feel like everyone's been going after her other than Matt Attack. If she flips town/scum, what would it illuminate? I can try to make some guesses:

Flip town: WCW wrestlers are in the game. Makes everyone on her train look bad. She's been going after CB a lot, more suspicion is put on CB.

Flip scum: Makes people who were outspoken about her look good. She's been going after CB a lot - scum trying to bus, or scum trying to throw as much shade on town as possible?

It doesn't seem like it'll give that much more information than Salva, who also has people going after him and people who are outspoken about him, but maybe I'm missing something.

What's your feelings on the alleged roleblocker theory Salva has pushed out?

If you believe they could exist, anything to add on top my guess?
There are a lot of roles with a lot of powers, so a role blocker being in the fray makes sense to me honestly. I'm going to assume that the RB is probably scum. No one copped to being RB'd D2, so it probably is one of the dead people. I'd agree with you that Retro would be a likely block for scum because he was very open with his power. Splinter I don't think hinted much one way or another, but IIRC I remember someone posting some quotes where he was talking about how Scrafty could be scum and how the only way to confirm would be to have someone visit her but then said something to the effect of 'not me though, because I can't.' Scum could have saw that, thought that the denial stuck out, and role blocked him, but it seemed like it would be a bad use of their role block considering how Splinter didn't claim anything solid whereas Retro kinda made a big deal of his, so it'd make more sense for me if scum decided to role block Retro after all.

In regards to Salva's claim today, no one contradicted him. Could be Town PR deciding that it's better to lay low because PRs have been picked off, a decision I fully support. However it could be exactly what it looks like as well - Salva is town, was role blocked, saw the votes piling up, and decided to reveal to save himself. In that case, why would scum decide to role block him? Perhaps they looked at his behavior, thought it was really sketchy, but knew he wasn't scum, so they reasoned that he might be some crazy PR. But why RB him after his near hammer vote? It seemed so gutsy a move, but maybe it's because it's so gutsy a move that they RB'ed him. But why not Squidy, who had claimed that vanillizing didn't work on him that night, Blarg, who had been acting weird and was also confirmed non scum, or some others that had been lying low and not sticking their neck out?

Maybe Salva just stuck out too much for both town and scum. Perhaps scum thought he was like Seath, and acted sketchy while having a town PR. So if they were fairly certain Salva had a PR, then it wouldn't have been a bad play to use their NK on an active town, while using their RB on Salva, who would be under town suspicion on the next day anyway. Maybe scum figured they could get a claim too, which did end up happening.

Though if Salva's scum, there's still the possibility that he was role blocked - it'd just be from a non-scum. I went over a non-scum possibility earlier in post 2146, but to expand further I can see a situation where we have a town RB who didn't want to use his power N1 since it seemed like there were lots of town power roles. Then, N2, they decided to use it on Salva, who had been acting scummy.

Palmer_v1

What info would her flip give? You and Corn have both been repeating this a lot but neither of you have explained it. I feel like everyone's been going after her other than Matt Attack. If she flips town/scum, what would it illuminate? I can try to make some guesses:

Flip town: WCW wrestlers are in the game. Makes everyone on her train look bad. She's been going after CB a lot, more suspicion is put on CB.

Flip scum: Makes people who were outspoken about her look good. She's been going after CB a lot - scum trying to bus, or scum trying to throw as much shade on town as possible?

It doesn't seem like it'll give that much more information than Salva, who also has people going after him and people who are outspoken about him, but maybe I'm missing something.

There are a lot of roles with a lot of powers, so a role blocker being in the fray makes sense to me honestly. I'm going to assume that the RB is probably scum. No one copped to being RB'd D2, so it probably is one of the dead people. I'd agree with you that Retro would be a likely block for scum because he was very open with his power. Splinter I don't think hinted much one way or another, but IIRC I remember someone posting some quotes where he was talking about how Scrafty could be scum and how the only way to confirm would be to have someone visit her but then said something to the effect of 'not me though, because I can't.' Scum could have saw that, thought that the denial stuck out, and role blocked him, but it seemed like it would be a bad use of their role block considering how Splinter didn't claim anything solid whereas Retro kinda made a big deal of his, so it'd make more sense for me if scum decided to role block Retro after all.

In regards to Salva's claim today, no one contradicted him. Could be Town PR deciding that it's better to lay low because PRs have been picked off, a decision I fully support. However it could be exactly what it looks like as well - Salva is town, was role blocked, saw the votes piling up, and decided to reveal to save himself. In that case, why would scum decide to role block him? Perhaps they looked at his behavior, thought it was really sketchy, but knew he wasn't scum, so they reasoned that he might be some crazy PR. But why RB him after his near hammer vote? It seemed so gutsy a move, but maybe it's because it's so gutsy a move that they RB'ed him. But why not Squidy, who had claimed that vanillizing didn't work on him that night, Blarg, who had been acting weird and was also confirmed non scum, or some others that had been lying low and not sticking their neck out?

Maybe Salva just stuck out too much for both town and scum. Perhaps scum thought he was like Seath, and acted sketchy while having a town PR. So if they were fairly certain Salva had a PR, then it wouldn't have been a bad play to use their NK on an active town, while using their RB on Salva, who would be under town suspicion on the next day anyway. Maybe scum figured they could get a claim too, which did end up happening.

Though if Salva's scum, there's still the possibility that he was role blocked - it'd just be from a non-scum. I went over a non-scum possibility earlier in post 2146, but to expand further I can see a situation where we have a town RB who didn't want to use his power N1 since it seemed like there were lots of town power roles. Then, N2, they decided to use it on Salva, who had been acting scummy.

It confirms if we have non-wwe wrestlers. It confirms if she's a commuter. It confirms whether or not Splinter and or Kalor died because of her. It provides info on every player that has voted for her, or defended her, and she's had a lot of both. I didn't think it needed explaining, as it's fairly standard stuff here.

Palmer_v1

Two more things here.

One, it may or may not be in a PR's interest to counter or verify Salva's claim. If I was the real doc, I'd let it play out cause he might get Lynched without needing to claim anything. Same thing if I was a RB. Either way, if Salva isn't being lynched, I wouldn't be surprised by a claim in the 11th hour that puts him back in the spotlight.

Two, you seem to be pushing us away from another possibility. The simplest one. Salva is full of shit.

nukedeggs

It confirms if we have non-wwe wrestlers. It confirms if she's a commuter. It confirms whether or not Splinter and or Kalor died because of her. It provides info on every player that has voted for her, or defended her, and she's had a lot of both. I didn't think it needed explaining, as it's fairly standard stuff here.
For your first point, Ouro said this might as well be called Wrestling Mafia, so I don't think we should be relying on flavor in any way here. Confirming her as a commuter doesn't really help if she's dead.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the idea that deaths D1 were due to town PRs targeting a scum Scrafty, because I don't think it was that likely that they targeted her. Kalor hinted pretty strongly at hiding behind Retro, probably hoping that the Rock would be some form of bulletproof. For Splinter, I'm not sure that gifting to Scrafty was the optimal play. Best case would have been that she commutes that night, he could confirm the commute, and that doesn't count as his skill being used (is that generally the case with commuters?). But if the gift goes through, he'd have given a shield to a town who decided not to commute and now has 4 shots of nk prevention. Or worse, scum, who could potentially use it to avoid a vig/sk kill. And those cases would be indistinguishable to him. It feels like the better play would have been to go for the watch/protect that night, and use it on one of the non-commuter PRs that had been revealed.

For your last point regarding people talking a lot about Scrafty, I feel like this is not unique to her. People have been talking about are Salva and Corn too. People have been talking about a lot of people.

Two more things here.

One, it may or may not be in a PR's interest to counter or verify Salva's claim. If I was the real doc, I'd let it play out cause he might get Lynched without needing to claim anything. Same thing if I was a RB. Either way, if Salva isn't being lynched, I wouldn't be surprised by a claim in the 11th hour that puts him back in the spotlight.

Two, you seem to be pushing us away from another possibility. The simplest one. Salva is full of shit.
Right like I said - I don't think town PR should claim.

Per your second point: We've been talking for hours about Salva being full of shit. I've talked about the possibility of Salva being full of shit. What's wrong with talking about the possibility that he's not full of shit? At this point, I'd say scum would feel very comfortable letting town lynch their scummiest looking teammate with minimal town discussion. They'd also feel comfortable letting town lynch their doctor. As town, we should be considering every possibility - so why are you so dismissive of this one?

Palmer_v1

For your first point, Ouro said this might as well be called Wrestling Mafia, so I don't think we should be relying on flavor in any way here. Confirming her as a commuter doesn't really help if she's dead.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the idea that deaths D1 were due to town PRs targeting a scum Scrafty, because I don't think it was that likely that they targeted her. Kalor hinted pretty strongly at hiding behind Retro, probably hoping that the Rock would be some form of bulletproof. For Splinter, I'm not sure that gifting to Scrafty was the optimal play. Best case would have been that she commutes that night, he could confirm the commute, and that doesn't count as his skill being used (is that generally the case with commuters?). But if the gift goes through, he'd have given a shield to a town who decided not to commute and now has 4 shots of nk prevention. Or worse, scum, who could potentially use it to avoid a vig/sk kill. And those cases would be indistinguishable to him. It feels like the better play would have been to go for the watch/protect that night, and use it on one of the non-commuter PRs that had been revealed.

For your last point regarding people talking a lot about Scrafty, I feel like this is not unique to her. People have been talking about are Salva and Corn too. People have been talking about a lot of people.

Right like I said - I don't think town PR should claim.

Per your second point: We've been talking for hours about Salva being full of shit. I've talked about the possibility of Salva being full of shit. What's wrong with talking about the possibility that he's not full of shit? At this point, I'd say scum would feel very comfortable letting town lynch their scummiest looking teammate with minimal town discussion. They'd also feel comfortable letting town lynch their doctor. As town, we should be considering every possibility - so why are you so dismissive of this one?

I think we basically agree, then, which is why I was surprised you were directing questions at me. I've been quite openly stating my thoughts on the situations today.

We need the damn inactives to actually show up at this point.

Palmer_v1

I'm going to change my vote from Retro for now. Retro is still suspicious but some of his posts read like a frustrated town member. He'll definitely be someone to look at tomorrow. I'm going to vote for Magnum just due to most of his posts being generally one note. A lot of commenting on the current proceedings without giving their actual thoughts.

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Retro could always be this rock

A_Rock!.gif

This one is the closest hint I can find. I kinda think he decided to check Retro, but got killed on accident by whoever killed Retro. He breadcrumbed so that if he died and Retro was alive, we'd maybe catch it.

I've been thinking about Salva's posts and something about them is reminding me of Darryl in Animal Crossing. Which doesn't mean much, but it's making me very very uncomfortable about him

This one is the closest hint I can find. I kinda think he decided to check Retro, but got killed on accident by whoever killed Retro. He breadcrumbed so that if he died and Retro was alive, we'd maybe catch it.
Ultron said the same, but that...really doesn't give much indication that he would've chosen Retro to hide behind. At least no more than anyone else he laennt town on

Palmer_v1

I've been thinking about Salva's posts and something about them is reminding me of Darryl in Animal Crossing. Which doesn't mean much, but it's making me very very uncomfortable about him

Ultron said the same, but that...really doesn't give much indication that he would've chosen Retro to hide behind. At least no more than anyone else he laennt town on

I'm not sure what Ultron's take away is, but it kind of sounds like he was doing it specifically to investigate Retro. He was not trying to hide. He went there to suicidally out a scum.

I'm not sure what Ultron's take away is, but it kind of sounds like he was doing it specifically to investigate Retro. He was not trying to hide. He went there to suicidally out a scum.
Ah right, I think I see what you're saying there, fair enough. Not sure it makes the most sense as a plan as any face who claims The Rock is prooobably going to be a slight target for the heels, but I catch your drift.

nin1000

Banned
CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

CornBurrito (2)
squidyj .1840 .1936
ScraftyDevil .1843
SalvaPot .1844 .1944
squidyj .2042. 2114
Squidyj .2130

StanleyPalmtree (1)
SalvaPot .2057. 2116

ScraftyDevil (4)