• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

nFxT56Xl.jpg

I'm laughing out loud at work and I don't know how to explain it to the coworkers.

All this glorious drama, season 2 and that impact after 7 years, when will your faves.

Rayis

It's probably the shadiest season for sure (with 3 being a close runner-up), it seemed like a lot of those girls had axes to grind, I always loved how Tatianna handled herself through it all. I wonder how Shangela would have acted had she lasted more than one episode.

It's probably the shadiest season for sure (with 3 being a close runner-up), it seemed like a lot of those girls had axes to grind, I always loved how Tatianna handled herself through it all. I wonder how Shangela would have acted had she lasted more than one episode.

God, going back and seeing Shangela on season three really shows how funny she is. There is one episode (actually it might be on Untucked) where she's questioning Carmen's claims of having worked with Jennifer Lopez and it cuts to a confessional of Shangela and she says something like "I might be new to drag but I'm not new to STUNTS." It's seriously one of the funniest quotes ever, I wish it was on Youtube. The show is distinctly lacking in personalities like that these days.

God, going back and seeing Shangela on season three really shows how funny she is. There is one episode (actually it might be on Untucked) where she's questioning Carmen's claims of having worked with Jennifer Lopez and it cuts to a confessional of Shangela and she says something like "I might be new to drag but I'm not new to STUNTS." It's seriously one of the funniest quotes ever, I wish it was on Youtube. The show is distinctly lacking in personalities like that these days.
That Jennifer Lopez stuff was embarrassing. Where she starts off saying they're besties and ends up saying she's "been around her doing some stuff" - Cringey name dropping/backpeddling at it's best!

Ratrat

I was rewatching Season 2 and the situation with Shangela felt weird. It feels like they purposely set her up to fail so she could return next season.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
To be fair, I'm sure if Naomi was on season 2 and Tyra on season 8 it would be a similar situation reversed.

Not really. Tyra for most of the part gets that treatment because of her behavior on the show. Naomi hard to tell but she does have a small youtube show with Kim Chi which gives her also a bit more exposure than Tyra.

Not really. Tyra for most of the part gets that treatment because of her behavior on the show. Naomi hard to tell but she does have a small youtube show with Kim Chi which gives her also a bit more exposure than Tyra.
Just on balance things would probably be different if she was on a more recent series. She might not have acted the fool so much on s8. Because of the drama and messiness on earlier seasons, that's why a lot of the later seasons are so anodyne because the girls are more aware of social media backlash.

Drag Makeup Tutorial: Nina's Black & White 3D Glamour - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9eaKHFTgE

she's a little rambling but imo her enthusiasm is kind of endearing

She was also on Hey Qween! this week and I thought she seemed endearing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8fUDOBQsY

She comes across as a really sensitive person in the way a lot of super creative people are. I know her attitude got old on the show, but I really hope she can get herself together and have some success.

On separate tangent, Mariah Balenciaga's episode of Hey Qween is really funny. I didn't remember her much from season three, but now I'd love to see her on the next All Stars. She's actually funny as hell and I'd love to have more representation of ball culture on the show.

Vazra

I'm Roxxxy Andrews and I'm here to make it clear
I know you love me, baby, that's why you brought me here
Was a bitch on Season 5, I'm gonna make it right
Give me a sewing challenge and I'll give you what you like
I'm full of tricks, baby, just like on Halloween
A room full of monsters and it makes me wanna scream
I have to get this right so you don't waste your time
Not like my comedy, I'm killing on this rhyme
I'm gonna show you what I can do
You're going crazy and seeing two
It's not my fault, you can't blame my game
All these other hoes, but they're all the same
tumblr_nlq84fr8X51tddlqho1_540.gif

*begins to lose breath*

Just fixed it a little for you.

amaretto

Ugh, iconic.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I almost enjoy photo ruview as much as the actual show

Rayis

To be fair, I was living for Roxxxy's wig during that performance, her hair game is on point.

Vazra

Cosigned.

Personally speaking, I've enjoyed Raja/Raven more so than any combo with a guest queen.

I think its more of them already having a dynamic and bringing a guest queen throws things out of the loop for them. Raja and Raven is the best duo by the chemistry they have

royalan

I think its more of them already having a dynamic and bringing a guest queen throws things out of the loop for them. Raja and Raven is the best duo by the chemistry they have

I mean, don't dislike Raja and Raven together, but oftentimes they don't seem to be talking to each other.

Raven and JuJuBee >>>>>>>>> Raja and Raven

Raja and Bianca >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raja and Raven

kirblar

I mean, don't dislike Raja and Raven together, but oftentimes they don't seem to be talking to each other.

Agreed, I don't really like their (lack of) chemistry.

Vazra

Ohhh I agree they shine with those but for most of the part Im used to the dynamic they have and the constant shade they throw at each other.

Ratrat

I agree with Raven and Jujubee, but Raja and Manila > Bianca. You can tell those pairs are a lot closer in private.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The Juju and Bianca episodes were entertaining, but those two queens are historically funnier than how they were on their respective Ruview episodes. They just seemed to be very agreeable with Raja/Raven, followed their leads for the most part and didn't add too much.

Two of my top queens, but that's the t.

Rayis

I'm pretty sure this is the first season of Photo Ruview where Raja has booted something Raven tooted, Raja is usually the softer of the two but she has had it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom