• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things |OT| Hey, you guys...it's our time. It's our time in here July 15th

Croc

Banned
I just started Episode 2. This show is already pretty wild, and way faster than I was expecting. I'm absolutely loving it though.

I was so confused in Episode 1 because
I thought Eleven was a young boy so I was really confused when everyone was using female pronouns lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just finished episode 4

Man, can we get more shows with short seasons? The pacing in this is great.

Was just about to say this, finishing ep4 myself, we full on
alternate dimensions
now, im nerding out

Ep4 end spoiler

Noooo cop dude dont go in there alone u gonna die and I like u

either the kid is a good actor or he was legit spooked when he held that rifle in the first episode.

The kids are quite good

Santiako

I'm on episode 3 so far but I have to say the kids are fantastic in this. El in particular is so expressive while barely using any words.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Show needs to win an award for sound. The sound effects and music. I love the way the sound fx for the light sounds and is used.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Huge
Mist vibes with sending the guy into the otherworldly environment on a cable

yes.

I love how the
kids figure out whats going on because they are nerds and this is common knowledge. I hate when people act like "I dont understand what is going on because I never heard of this" as if fiction doesnt exist in these places.

RPGCrazied

Welp, finished. The fastest I've ever watched a show. All in one morning/afternoon. I wish it was 13 episodes or at least 10, 8 is to short.
Oh well, I guess a season 2 is on the way with that ending. And is Will turning into what Eli/Eleven is?

I'm confused.

Just started episode 4, this show is pretty amazing. The nostalgia is real thanks to all of the 80s movies my dad made me watch as a kid. I mean, it really captures the spirit of something like ET while being its own thing.

Edit: Also, wow, the emotion feels so authentic. I had tears as during some of the scenes with Ryder.
I'm one of the first to gripe about modern movies and tv show set in the 80s that DON'T feel anything like how the 80s REALLY were. This one has the feel down in SPADES. Hell, a LOT of the characters look straight out of the early 80s(especially the background ones,). And considering it takes place the same year as X-Men Apocalypse... Stranger Things' depiction of the 80s just seems and feels more genuine.

Just barely started episode 5. The four previous episodes just flew by and I'm enjoying every minute of 'em!

After this season's over, I wouldn't mind a second season focusing on a new story, new characters, new town, new strangeness as well as being set sometime in the 80s(maybe 1984 or 1985). I trust the people behind this one!

kiri

Watching Episode 1, holy shit that bully kid (Troy) looks just like a slightly older version of Elliot from E.T.

Oh man, episode 5

I'm glad it's not aliens. It's actually doing what I hoped it would do, go more the cosmic horror route. Psychic kid awakening/alerting some other-dimensional being is so good

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
2 episodes in! Loving this so hard. These kid actors man, really fucking good! That ending in Ep 2! Can't wait to see what happens.

MaKTaiL

Does anybody else thinks the actress playing Eleven looks EXACTLY like Natalie Portman on V for Vendetta?

v-for-vendetta.jpg

I'm on episode 5 and one of the songs that was in the phantom pain came on. I was like, "where have I heard this before?"

Just a few episodes left. Man, this show totally blew me away. Wish there were 10 episodes instead of 8.

kiri

Episode 2: The shop where the mom works at...is it me or is that the same place Groundhog Day was filmed?

EDIT: The quarry later one seems to be the one in The Walking Dead (S1)?

Nyx

And finished...

What a great ride! It was a real 80s nostalgia trip for me, thinking back of getting VHS tapes from friends and watching sci-fi movies.

The score, soundtrack and audio FX are outstanding btw, really stood out!

Netflix surely makes great television!

Rhaknar

Damn it More Badass, dat call on
cosmic horror takes notice on psi kid.

Youre such a nerd! :3

Rhaknar

6 down, 2 to go, have to save these 2 for tomorow. Could watch at work on a tablet but dont want the constant interruptions.

unless it goes completely off the rails in the last 2 episodes, this was fantastic

Sölf

Finished it. Such a good show. The kid actors were the best part of the show. I really would love to see a second season.

BlueTsunami

When it became apparent the show is about, up to episode 5 spoiler,
extra dimensions
I let out a Yassssssss. This is one of the better scifi genres.

Croc

Banned
Episode 2:
My first thought when they all jump into/get pushed into the pool was "oh my god, what about their cell phones?!"

lol

This is my favorite Netflix original, and new show in general. It's that good, in my opinion. Everything about this is top notch so far.

Episode 3

Man. This just keeps getting better.
The monster design is really creepy. And it seems I was kinda right about the boy being in another dimension? Though I didn't expect him to no longer be in his body. Or maybe he's like on some sort of astral plane?

Also, there's been some pretty emotional moments already. I teared up at the end, and almost did during the girl's flashbacks.

BlueTsunami

Ok, if you've ever read the Ep5 spoiler
dark tower series the way things are handled reminds me of the description of the "things" in between dimensions. Todash space. When El is remote viewing and pulls this things attention. Absolutely creepy.

charsace

Best show around right now. Near perfect.

Wish I could forget what I saw so that I can watch it again.

Netflix should have pushed this way, way harder than they did. If this was on HBO or AMC it would have been plastered everywhere.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Lucas is annoying as shit.

dude I will fucking fight you.

spoilers up through ep 4.
lol he's probably my favorite actor on the show. The realist man!! I can understand where he's coming from, at least 4 episodes in. the look on his face when he hears Will's voice tho...so good. He's killing it. They all are really.

Rhaknar

This show is The Goonies meets The X-Men

giphy.gif

Top Bottom