• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things |OT| Hey, you guys...it's our time. It's our time in here July 15th

DevilDog

Just finished season 1.

What a great show overall and I don't make a habit of saying that.

Apart from episode 6? where the writing suddently because absolutely atrocious. What the hell happened there?

It lasted only 1 episode though and was shortly forgotten.

Framing finished. These are pretty high quality prints, all things considered.

WP_20160915_20_28_30_Rich_LI.jpg

where did you get those (the D&D/bottom one especially!) and do they have more?

mm04

where did you get those (the D&D/bottom one especially!) and do they have more?

Both of them are Bottleneck Gallery limited editions and aren't available anymore, unfortunately. The window to purchase both was ridiculously small and I got lucky. You might be able to find them on ebay from a seller trying to make a buck.

Coxy100

Banned
Just watched this this weekend - incredible series! Apart from Game of Thrones nothing comes close to me for a long long time.

Can't wait for series 2.

Great acting, great story, great music etc etc.

Solo

Hey guys.....your beloved whipping boy (girl?) from S1, Winona Ryder? She just got a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress.

mm04

Hey guys.....your beloved whipping boy (girl?) from S1, Winona Ryder? She just got a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress.

Because mothers whose sons are missing (in another dimension) should act way more reserved and calm in that situation, right? I knew she'd get a nomination and it's well deserved.

hydruxo

Very happy to see Winona & the whole show get nominated, but I'm also bummed that Millie didn't get nominated for supporting actress. She was absolutely incredible and Eleven is probably one of the most memorable & iconic tv characters in a long time. Completely snubbed IMO.

Just got around to watching season 1. Great show. Someone probably made the connection, but is Eleven supposed to be a homage or reference to Paula from Earthbound when she dresses up? She has psychic powers too!

83078c4fd114ba5cd9d3c805493c4455.jpg

MTQxNjM2MjM2NTY4NzAwNTE4.gif

Eleven is really fucking scary.

In that scene alone, she makes a kid pee himself. Showcasing that she has control over other people's organs.

She created a fucking rift between dimensions just because she was scared.

She vaporized a monster.

In two cases, she breaks someone's bones just by flicking her neck. In one of those cases, she fucking snaps a guys neck in two.

hydruxo

Eleven is really fucking scary.

In that scene alone, she makes a kid pee himself. Showcasing that she has control over other people's organs.

She created a fucking rift between dimensions just because she was scared.

She vaporized a monster.

In two cases, she breaks someone's bones just by flicking her neck. In one of those cases, she fucking snaps a guys neck in two.

Not to mention she took out like 10 government agents at once by making their brains essentially ooze out of their heads

I can't wait to see what the evolution of her powers are going to be like as the series goes on, she's already crazy powerful

mm04

Not to mention she took out like 10 government agents at once by making their brains essentially ooze out of their heads

I can't wait to see what the evolution of her powers are going to be like as the series goes on, she's already crazy powerful

That's the interesting thing about her. She was obviously a victim and we sympathize with her, but unchecked she's a killing machine. Will it haunt her or make her feel remorse, even though she was protecting herself and her friends? I suppose we'll see.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Was there anything in the show, or comments by the producers how Will doesn't die of starvation or dehydration in the upside down?

Tizoc

Just got halfway through the series, so 4 eps. left.
Enjoying ti so far.
EDIT: OK that final scene in the morgue creeped me out.

Tizoc

Aaaaand finished.
Why is it whenever the monster appears the lights go spastic? Talk about epileptic seizure.

Enjoyed it for the most part and interested to see where they go with the series next.

EDIT: What does the final scene with Hopper imply?

Aaaaand finished.
Why is it whenever the monster appears the lights go spastic? Talk about epileptic seizure.

Enjoyed it for the most part and interested to see where they go with the series next.

EDIT: What does the final scene with Hopper imply?

I think the directors (duffer brothers) wanted to leave us with more questions than answers. Remember will in the bathroom at the end? ;) I can't wait to see how these stories continue next year with season 2.

But to guess about your question -
most likely implies that he knows EL is still alive. Perhaps she went to the upside down when she did that uber super-sayin body-decaying mind trick.

Tizoc

I think the directors (duffer brothers) wanted to leave us with more questions than answers. Remember will in the bathroom at the end? ;) I can't wait to see how these stories continue next year with season 2.

But to guess about your question -
most likely implies that he knows EL is still alive. Perhaps she went to the upside down when she did that uber super-sayin body-decaying mind trick.

Oh I see thanks.
Well if they are making a Season 2 I'd rather it have a different cast and setting, separate from this season.

hydruxo

Oh I see thanks.
Well if they are making a Season 2 I'd rather it have a different cast and setting, separate from this season.

They've already confirmed it won't be an anthology. They're continuing the same story with the same characters. There's still so much that needs to be answered, would be a waste to just throw it all away especially when the characters are all so beloved already.

OMG, just finished watching this. What an amazing show!

My wife and I started it up last night on a whim and ended up watching 3 in a row. Then we had to finish it off tonight.

sogood.gif

this_guy

I binge watched it this past week. Really enjoyed it and it has an 80s feel to it. I don't mean because the setting is in the 80s, but the show has a Goonies feel to it.

I just finished watching this yesterday. Didn't even know the show ends on a
Christmas Eve. That was a nice coincidence :)
What a great show!!

Honestly I thought the black kid was kind of an asshole though. He was even less likeable than Steve.

Are some of the kids supposed to be intellectually gifted? Someone earlier in the thread said the dialogue was too sophisticated for children but I think that was the point. No wonder Joyce is so stressed though if she had to raise both a creep and a high IQ kid.

I'm glad the teacher didn't die! :D I was so scared for him when the blonde agent visited him.

Pyrokai

Watched this entire show in 2 days. Holy crap, I loved every minute of it. It's exactly what I wanted and needed but I didn't even know it.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
New to the show and new to this site. I don't
know how I missed this show till a few days ago. I couldn't stop watching. It was like traveling back in time and having the things I pretended actually happen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Always nice to see people stumbling across the show after the fact. Its getting a second season as well.

New to the show and new to this site. I don't
know how I missed this show till a few days ago. I couldn't stop watching. It was like traveling back in time and having the things I pretended actually happen.
Welcome!

If you enjoyed this, you should check out Oxenfree on PC or consoles. It also captures that 80s Spielbergian vibe really well

I just finished watching this yesterday. Didn't even know the show ends on a
Christmas Eve. That was a nice coincidence :)
What a great show!!

Honestly I thought the black kid was kind of an asshole though. He was even less likeable than Steve.

Are some of the kids supposed to be intellectually gifted? Someone earlier in the thread said the dialogue was too sophisticated for children but I think that was the point. No wonder Joyce is so stressed though if she had to raise both a creep and a high IQ kid.

I'm glad the teacher didn't die! :D I was so scared for him when the blonde agent visited him.

They went out of their way to show that the main kids were outcasts due to their intelligence.

I mean, those D&D games were fucking intense.

I can't wait to see the trailer for Season 2. Whenver that may be... It's coming out this Summer right?

>=D Can't wait to see more of the UPSIDEDOWN

tmdorsey

I don't know if I mentioned this in this thread, but the school in the show is literally under 10 minutes away from my house. I have seen the casting signs all winter from them filming season 2.

Top Bottom