• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider (Capcom/Double Helix, PC/PS4/XB1/PS360, 2014) [Open World, Orig Devs, Video]

Yeah, Double Helix has a shitty track record, but if all they're doing is grunt work, and the original team is in charge of everything else, I'm not seeing the problem. Street Fighter IV, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 were all developed similarly and turned out good.

But his shoes look like shit, so obviously the game's going to be ass, right?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Automatically interested in any metroidvania, hope this one turns out ok. Looking at that map is enough to get me excited though.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Wow, looks nice

Too bad for wii u owners again :eek: nintendo should give capcom a call now

koryuken

Looks awesome, that being said...

CAPCOM got burned Ninja Theory and DmC, so they decided to outsource another beloved fan franchise to Double Helix (makers of: Silent Hill Homecoming -- Metacritic 70%, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters -- Metacritic 59%, and Killer Instrinct, TBD)

What the fuck is CAPCOM thinking?

strider-genesis.jpg

For all those complaining about the shoes, just be happy he doesn't look like this.

Pfft. William Shatner Strider is best Strider.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Graphics look sterile as fuck. New Super Strider Bros.

How do places like Double Helix do this. Their budgets must be ridiculously lowballed.

El Sloth

Banned
Not really. Could be a case of those doing the 'grunt work' not delivering on the vision of the designer. Entirely possible.
That sounds like a fine way to burn bridges.

Do you honestly believe Double Helix will not be able to do the work handed to them? Do you really believe them to be so completely and irredeemably incompetent? Serious question, no snark intended.

LordJim

I am a little worried with the healthbar, damage and how quickly he refills it.
It is a demo and the first stage, but Strider without tension loses the point

mephixto

Banned
Capcom doing what Konami don't.

Its so hard to make a Castlevania game like this, konami? LOS is awesome but I love metroidvanias a lot more.

VariantX

Game looks great to me, but they need to amp up the sounds on the sword slices. I need to hear that "SHIIINNNGG" sound when I slice through stuff.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I was about to comment on how the way mission objectives are displayed remind me of news channels overlays and then I noticed the interlacing. I'm not crazy about overwhelming filters and intrusive UI, if that ends up being the only way to play the game (not just part of the intro), I hope it grows on me.

The trailer looks so great. The continued track record of 3rd party games skipping Wii U isn't going to help change things for that platform. Being a Wii U only owner is going to awful this gen unless something drastic happens.

Lol why is everybody giving work to such an unproven developer? And these aren't even unimportant franchises. Killer Instinct? And now Strider? It's really strange.

And I almost forgot about what they did to Silent Hill.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm willing to give them a chance, Killer Instinct is being developed in a similar way and it looks great.

The shoes really do need some work though. Can't be one of the most badass-looking ninjas in gaming history and now have clompers like those in 2013.

Top Bottom