• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Japanese Commercials! now with tranny surprise

yeb

I tried Virtua Fighter 5 online yesterday, and it made me realize just how bad online fighters can potentially be. Please, SSBB, just don't completely suck online.

What's the deal with the tranny? :lol :lol :lol :lol

That being said, the all gameplay spots are freaking awesome! I can't wait for this game, I just hope the raised pricing doesn't make its way to the US...

Teasel

neo is awesome as usual... anyway not a lot transpires of this,you can see ice climber final smash in action and it confirms the metroid AT
oh also melee theme > brawl theme
even they acknowledge that

Ivysaur smackdown!! Pokemon Trainer vid was awesome.

I wonder how you're able to get all 3 Pokemon out at once, though? Commercial had Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard marching down Yoshi.

Verve

TenshiOni said:
Ivysaur smackdown!! Pokemon Trainer vid was awesome.

I wonder how you're able to get all 3 Pokemon out at once, though? Commercial had Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard marching down Yoshi.

final smash?

TenshiOni said:
From what the Dojo shows, Triple Finish gives you no control over all 3.

Unless it's a unseen after effect....in which case, holy shit.

They might've just put in 3 poke trainers and then coordinated it

Saoh

TenshiOni said:

it's probably something they did just for the commercial. maybe?

What's the tranny surprise everyone's talking about? I watched the 3 commericals (youtube link) but didn't see it... is it in the online mode video?

Wii-za

In the JP Melee TVCM you can see in the last 2 seconds that Luigi is taking out Falcon from the border of the stage with his taunt move...was that really possible? (as I never tried it)

Jiggy

Wii-za said:
In the JP Melee TVCM you can see in the last 2 seconds that Luigi is taking out Falcon from the border of the stage with his taunt move...was that really possible? (as I never tried it)
Yeah, it does 1 damage and spikes. (Or semi-spikes--I don't remember the full detail.)

I came here for the tranny surprise, and it was good.

But what really got me was

1.jpg

sp0rsk said:
He's kind of this famous crossdresser something or other. He's a make-up artist that made it big off this show called "Oneemans"

The name he usually goes by is "Ikko"

I find it surprising that Nintendo would use a crossdresser in their advertising. I'm used to them making child-oriented commercials.

Jiggy

ComputerNerd said:
I find it surprising that Nintendo would use a crossdresser in their advertising. I'm used to them making child-oriented commercials.
Even Bugs Bunny crossdressed. >_>

TreIII

ComputerNerd said:

Again, this all goes along with how there are plenty of aspects of Nintendo (especially its Japanese part) that most people would not give credit to, in regards for them being a bit....well, y'know. ^_^

TreIII said:
Again, this all goes along with how there are plenty of aspects of Nintendo (especially its Japanese part) that most people would not give credit to, in regards for them being a bit....well, y'know. ^_^

They need to buy more Japanese Love Hotels.

Tim-E

Every time I'm playing online and getting my ass kicked by Yoshi, I will imagine this is on the other end of the connection:

71hmulw.png

Top Bottom