• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Japanese Commercials! now with tranny surprise

Great to see they included Strikers co-op mode.

Saoh said:
it's probably something they did just for the commercial. maybe?
dojo said:
<Triple Finish>

It’s the Pokémon Trainer’s Final Smash: Triple Finish! It combines the powers of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard!

gimz

TenshiOni said:
Ivysaur smackdown!! Pokemon Trainer vid was awesome.

I wonder how you're able to get all 3 Pokemon out at once, though? Commercial had Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard marching down Yoshi.
player 1, 2 and 3? :lol

Eteric Rice

Tim-E said:
Every time I'm playing online and getting my ass kicked by Yoshi, I will imagine this is on the other end of the connection:

71hmulw.png

:lol :lol :lol

Did anybody notice this short bit on the trailer where the four different Kirby colours transformed into blocks? It looks like each colour has it's own type of block! Maybe this happened on Melee too, but I don't remember it.

kirbyblocks.jpg

Tim-E

Android18a said:
Did anybody notice this short bit on the trailer where the four different Kirby colours transformed into blocks? It looks like each colour has it's own type of block! Maybe this happened on Melee too, but I don't remember it.

kirbyblocks.jpg

I think in Melee it was a random block every time you did the move. I'd imagine it's probably the same in this game, it was just done like that for the commercial or whatever.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, nice commercials! But yeah, the SSB64 one rules all. I doubt we'll get anything as awesome as that for Brawl. It'll probably be one of those shitty Wii would like to play commercials.

Leezard

Tim-E said:
I think in Melee it was a random block every time you did the move. I'd imagine it's probably the same in this game, it was just done like that for the commercial or whatever.

Yes, it was random in Melee.

Gagaman

Android18a said:

kirbyblocks.jpg
Isn't the 3rd block along from Panel De Pon (AKA Tetris Attack)?

I love the part in the third video where Pit and Meta Knight talk. Does Pit sounds like Gon from Hunter x Hunter to anyone?

And holyshitawesome @ Fox's "LANDO MASTAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I love that every character has professional new VA work now.

Stuneseht

Nintendo needs to release more of these videos. I like the way King Dedede walks around, and the overall animation of the characters.

Fireblend

Banned
TenshiOni said:
Trophies of Wind Waker Link and Chibi Robo? Doesn't help their chances. D:

Chibi Robo had chances? About Link... maybe he still have chances because the trophy is an alternate costume? Ok that's just me being hopeful, at least it would be better than having young link as we did in SSBM.

turk128

Holycrud! The new videos are awesome!

Love the sound effects (bowling sound for one of Sonic's attack was a great touch).

MisterHero

A Link to the Snitch said:
Doesn't help WW Link's chances? The trophy is about his clothes, doesn't describe this Link at all.
There's a Fusion Samus trophy. I say WW Link still has a chance. ;P

MisterHero said:
There's a Fusion Samus trophy. I say WW Link still has a chance. ;P

One of the Melee promo videos featured Ganondorf as the last trophy in a group they showed. There was no direct clue he was playable, it was just a bit of foreshadowing.

It would be interesting if every character had an alternate costume, and not just Wario. Wind Waker Link running around in his pajamas and smashing away would be great.

Top Bottom