• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch EU launch line up.

KAL2006

Banned
I just realised the hope of that arcade stick meaning Tekken 7 and MvCI isn't happening. The stick was for SF2 HD remix lol

Oh.
My plan is to buy Breath of the Wild on Wii U and wait until holidays 2017.
The system is looking good (32 gb though, sigh), but the launch lineup is ass.
Let's see what they will say at the Treehouse today.

Occam

This is awesome. Otherwise it would be like in a restaurant with a large menu, you cant decide what to eat.

Excellent post!

Repeating what I wrote in the other thread:

I see that Nintendo's anemic software supply strategy that worked out so well for previous consoles is being continued.

5noHKsb.jpg

I know that the Switch is going to be region unlocked for games, but will that mean that my USA Nintendo ID/My Nintendo account will correctly work on a EU switch?

Currently if i try and switch to Europe on My Nintendo it says I have to unlink the NNID account, making it a little pointless.

kadotsu

Banned
Excellent post!

Repeating what I wrote in the other thread:

I see that Nintendo's anemic software supply strategy that worked out so well for previous consoles is being continued.

Don't worry. There will be a shitload of good software in the 3rd year of the Switch's lifecycle just in time for no one to care anymore because next gen is launching.

kami_sama

Don't worry. There will be a shitload of good software in the 3rd year of the Switch's lifecycle just in time for no one to care anymore because next gen is launching.

It's heart-breaking seeing nintendo make some of the same errors as before.

ozfunghi

Yup, Emily Rogers was right on the money with the Switch launch lineup being bigger and better than the entire WiiU catalog. lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's almost exactly the Wii launch all over again. Mini-game collection, check. Zelda, check. Aaaand... then what until Mario?

Yup, Emily Rogers was right on the money with the Switch launch lineup being bigger and better than the entire WiiU catalog. lol

I suspect we're all going to have that same debate about the definition of 'launch window' that we do for every Nintendo hardware launch.

Wii had a fairly large launch line up as I recall. Zelda, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Red Steel, Call Of Duty 3, ExciteTruck, decent VC offerings to start off with.
Europe didn't get ExciteTruck at launch (America didn't get Wii Play). There was a similar ubisoft monster truck game though which might have caused some brand confusion.

You can use that vast 32GB of storage to buy from the US eshop!
Unless you find somewhere to buy US eShop credit you'll be using the Canadian eShop as last I heard that one supported international cards while the US one does not. Although from personal experience you might find other non-€ currencies are cheaper even than that...

Europe didn't get ExciteTruck at launch (America didn't get Wii Play). There was a similar ubisoft monster truck game though which might have caused some brand confusion.

Unless you find somewhere to buy US eShop credit you'll be using the Canadian eShop as last I heard that one supported international cards while the US one does not. Although from personal experience you might find other non-€ currencies are cheaper even than that...

My bad. Still fairly robust.

Also some form of splinter cell game as well, can't remember which one it was.

zeexlash

That's alright, most day one people will probably go with Zelda.

If Switch has Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2 and ARMS by the end of the year, that's a pretty sick lineup.

Would it really have been that hard to just port over some 3DS and Wii U stuff? The second screen wasn't even used on the Wii U so it's not like they'd need to account for it. Honestly if I could have got Pokemon and maybe Xeno X at launch I would probably be pre-ordering.

18-Volt

Nintendo really should have offered handling the porting of 3rd party games. No one had time or resources for Switch in such short notice it seems.

Qurupeke

Man, Nintendo gives me the impression that Europe is dead for them. The launch line up and the system's price, it's like they want you not to buy it.

CrayToes

Abysmal selection but I can't say I mind. Zelda is literally all I need and I'd take 1 high quality title over a load of forgettable dross.

pringles

Nothing matters except Zelda really. That game would have overshadowed anything else anyway. Splatoon 2 in summer is early enough that I think the launch period will be solid.

Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splat2n and possibly Xenoblade is a good selection of 1st party stuff for the first few months, but the amount of software is looking sketch at the moment.

xrnzaaas

Pretty laughable starting line-up. They must be really confident that the new Zelda will sell a lot of the Switch consoles and that people just won't buy the WiiU version.

I'm still flabbergasted by this launch lineup. Software drought for 2 years and they can only come up with one wii U game for fucking launch?

I fucking knew it.

If- IF- there aren't any delays and MK8, Arms and Splatoon 2 come hot on the heels of launch, this lineup isn't too big of a problem- still anemic as shit, but quickly bulked up.

If Nintendo Nintendo's all over this and those games are delayed, we have a serious problem.

Nothing matters except Zelda really. That game would have overshadowed anything else anyway. Splatoon 2 in summer is early enough that I think the launch period will be solid.

If you know your history, no 3D Zelda has moved hardware.

In fact Zelda TP for Wii basically bombed even though the Wii was a hit.

Can't believe we're getting a new videogame from Konami. Definitely gonna get Bomberman if the price is right.

Zelda also, that'll be enough for launch.

Top Bottom