• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Cruise wiretapped Nicole Kidman, Scientology documentary reveals

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The film also suggests that the church is holding sensitive information about John Travola's sexual orientation over the Saturday Night Fever star's head in an attempt to ensure his loyalty to Scientology"

Do they have footage of him with a woman?
Maybe he has relations with fish.

4.-Eyes-Wide-Shut-1999.jpg

Cruise is fascinating. I hope someday he has an epiphany and murders david miscavige.

Otherwise he's just the most charismatic brainwashed sheep in the flock.

Tom Cruise is clinically insane, and also the greatest living action movie star.

antonz

How the hell did Scientology root themselves so deeply into Hollywood and got so many stars' loyalty and devotion?

Its actually a great tax cheat racket if you are in on the inner circle. Funnel lots of money into the "church" that you just happen to be an inner circle member of and get all the tax benefits. Meanwhile you have access to all those funds you "donated."

I imagine they got themselves so deeply into the Hollywood scene through blackmail and other tactics and then once established just became a major power broker

Why we tolerate this racket is beyond me. Shit should be outlawed.

Fortunately is banned in most of Europe and in Germany particular it's unresolved/in limbo still.

Legal status is in limbo/unresolved in Germany, however Germany in the past has come under fire for being intolerant to "religious freedoms" because of the stance it has on Scientology. It's crazy.

Dai101

Banned
I wonder how HBO is going to release this without being in a legal battle for the next decades.

EDIT:

HBO had 160 lawyers review the film out of fear of litigation by the Church of Scientology.

Huh... gues they're really prepared for this.

dork

Banned
Isnt the travolta stuff that he is gay? Thought that rumor was going around for awhile. I would hope thats not the only thing keeping him there...

Boem

Huh, I thought John Travolta came out years ago. I think I remember something about Carrie Fisher talking about it or something.

Sephzilla

"The film also suggests that the church is holding sensitive information about John Travola's sexual orientation over the Saturday Night Fever star's head in an attempt to ensure his loyalty to Scientology"

tumblr_m33skflkx11qcw2r4o2_500.gif

Actors acts. JT shouldn't be bothered by what people think of his sexual orientation.

Seriously, it's not like he won't get work or something if he says he's actually gay. But at the same time, it is nobody's fucking business. He shouldn't have to do shit. If he wants to keep it his secret that's fine, Scientology is the real fucker here holding that over his head just so they can keep him in line. Which is bizarre because anyone that wants to know what's going on with Scientology already knows how fucked up it is, it's not some grand secret. The only thing I can think of is that some celebs know about the details of murders or some shit.

Takuan

Looking forward to this documentary. Scientology is so darned fascinating. Also, didn't know Michael Pena was a Scientologist! I suppose it makes sense that they'd want to hit all demographics.

Nazani Bonandi is ridiculously beautiful.

And she's 34. Fine goddamn wine.

Kusagari

Go read up on Sea Org, the organization that uses young children for slave labor.

There's no end to the fucked up things Scientology does.

jelly

Apparently Louie Theroux is also making a Scientology documentey, which I'm immensely interested in.

Yeah, should be good.

Did she do something clever to do it? Genuinely curious, since all I heard was that she filed for divorce.

She did it all in secret, daughter with her and filed it in New York I think which helped her in some way, maybe child custody, all while Cruise was off filming. Quite telling that she went to all that trouble. What would have happened if Cruise or the church got wind of it before she could follow through. Cruise had no idea apparently. Hats off to her.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
If Cruise ever jumped the fence that cult would never recover

They recorded his 'auditing' sessions, so not much chance of that.

Getting people to hold a piece of junk and confess all their darkest secrets, stuff they feel guilty about, ashamed or embarrassed over is a rather useful tool.

wait, what, oh.

hapssh.gif

Savitar

Anyone remember the award ceremony that Kidman first showed up at after the divorce?

She got a standing ovation.

mantidor

I remember hearing how the chic who does the voice of Lisa Simpson gives almost all her money to scientology. Just nuts. How do these people get involved with this? I don't understand.

Carnby

Lol. I nearly spilled my soup. Looool

antonz

xenutv.com is another great resource on scientology and has a ton of videos of how they treat enemies. Scientologists picketing the guys house claiming he is a pedophile, bigot etc

Nekofrog

Banned
I remember hearing how the chic who does the voice of Lisa Simpson gives almost all her money to scientology. Just nuts. How do these people get involved with this? I don't understand.

It's Bart's voice actress, Nancy Cartwright.

She's even made publicity phone calls in Bart's voice promoting scientology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom