• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Denis Dyack said:
Luke fails to mention that I have, in fact, I have already done this. You see, EGM already knew we were doing the IGN preview before they invited me to their pod cast. He fails to mention how myself and "Ziff" discussed the IGN preview in their offices over lunch in detail when i visited their offices. I guess there is much more drama in spinning it as a big surprise when Matt posted about the visit in his blog. It is just not reality.

Denis

That changes things.

skip

Denis Dyack said:
Luke fails to mention that I have, in fact, I have already done this. You see, EGM already knew we were doing the IGN preview before they invited me to their pod cast. He fails to mention how myself and "Ziff" discussed the IGN preview in their offices over lunch in detail when i visited their offices. I guess there is much more drama in spinning it as a big surprise when Matt posted about the visit in his blog. It is just not reality.

Denis

who from Ziff (you don't have to use quotes, we really exist) was actually in this lunch meeting? because the IGN follow-up preview was news to a lot of us, including Luke, post EGM Live-debacle. and this is the first time I've personally heard of any such discussion.

goldenpp72

To be fair, I knew about the ign stuff coming way before the egm podcast took place. one of the big frustrations over it in fact, was that it was hyped so far before it actually even gets revealed to the public.

Dai Kaiju

Denis Dyack said:

Denis

Go Go Dennis Dyack! You Mighty Morphin' Dennis Dyaaaack!

skip said:
who from Ziff (you don't have to use quotes, we really exist) was actually in this lunch meeting? because the IGN follow-up preview was news to a lot of us, including Luke, post EGM Live-debacle. and this is the first time I've personally heard of any such discussion.

OH SNAP! This feud isn't going to die down any time soon, folks.

skip

to clarify, I'm not suggesting this lunch meeting didn't take place -- I'm sure it did. but I'm also pretty sure Luke wasn't a part of it.

Dartastic

Aristotlekh said:
But Tom Waits is in it, thereby negating any terrible aspects the film may or may not have.
Tom Waits+anything=awesome. Hey Denis, want to make sure your game=awesome? Put Tom in it. Seriously. Anywhere.

story.jpg

skip said:

Everyone in the podcast as far as I remember. It was no secret especially after Matt first posted about the visit in his blog on January 17. I spoke about with Shane several times before the podcast as well at GDC.

jimbo

Banned
What the hell is going on in this thread?

Dennis, if that is who you really are, why are you even here defending yourself? Just work on the game and let the game speak for itself. If you truly believe what you say about your own work, then that's great. You're putting your heart into it and you shouldn't have to justify yourself to anyone.

There are probably plenty of good and great games that I played where the developers of those games probably started out on the project with the belief they were making one of the greatest games ever. On the other hand, there's probably not a single good or great game that I played where a developer went in thinking...."oh I'm just going to create a good game and that's all" that actually end up up good and not crap or barely decent.

skip

okay, so luke wasn't there. and we honestly don't read IGN's blogs on a regular basis, as I'm sure they don't read ours.

I'm not going to get any deeper into this fight (because it's playground nonsense), but this isn't some sort of feigned surprise.

Grecco

skip said:
okay, so luke wasn't there. and we honestly don't read IGN's blogs on a regular basis, as I'm sure they don't read ours.

I'm not going to get any deeper into this fight (because it's playground nonsense), but this isn't some sort of feigned surprise.

Your no Fun

skip said:

Your right, you group is just uninformed. No fight necessary, just get your facts straight and move on.

goldenpp72

I don't think being unaware of something that happens makes it ok to make assumptions.. or maybe it does. I'm a regular poster on both ign and gaf and I also view 1up (through gaf) and all of this complaining from lukes end never really made sense to me, the ign thing is old as dirt and has been known about for a LONG time, denis went onto a podcast with egm, egm had a story about the game a long time ago, apparently denis also talked too human with some ziff guys, and now from my understanding, an upcoming egm is said to have more too human info?

Now I may be piecing things together wrong, but the only thing i've seen denis do that may be considered wrong is bother defending himself from this crap in the first place, and i'm hardly his 'pool boy' :D

FrankT

So why is this media coming out in the middle of the night. Weird, for such an anticipated media unveiling. Hmm, well here's to waiting a little longer, but I'm getting sleepy. :p

Why couldn't we have shit like this when I was a fanboy so I could get passionate about the discussion? OMG, this is a far cry from the IGN posts Dyack used to make in the Eternal Darkness days. More devs on boards speaking their minds.

Free the devs!

Ark-AMN

Banned
Jtyettis said:
So why is this media coming out in the middle of the night. Weird, for such an anticipated media unveiling. Hmm, well here's to waiting a little longer, but I'm getting sleepy. :p
Well, for where IGN is located, on the west coast of the USA, it's not the middle of the night, its just getting to the evening now.

FrankT

Ark-AMN said:
Well, for where IGN is located, on the west coast of the USA, it's not the middle of the night, its just getting to the evening now.

9:00 pm in the evening is when this is slated right, for half the country that is pretty much the middle of the night. Why so late is really the question. Big media that hits like this is typically not so late.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Jtyettis said:
9:00 pm in the evening is when this is slated right, for half the country that is pretty much the middle of the night. Why so late is really the question. Big media that hits like this is typically not so late.

1. If midnight is late then people are pussies.
2. DMC4 was middle of the night too, wasn't it?

Dartastic said:
Tom Waits+anything=awesome. Hey Denis, want to make sure your game=awesome? Put Tom in it. Seriously. Anywhere.

story.jpg

Imagine how perfect it would be if he played the main villain or the main character or did the soundtrack or anything. Game of the year more like game of the decade.

FrankT

QVT said:
1. If midnight is late then people are pussies.
2. DMC4 was middle of the night too, wasn't it?

1. Could stay up, but that is irrelevant, will I, maybe. Midnight has nothing to do with pussies.
2. DMC4 was out about an hour ago relevant to the current time.

yukoner

skip said:

Another shining example of fine video game journalism. Don't even know WTF is going on within your own company...anyways back to the hockey game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom