• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB!

DON'T YOU KNOW DD AND LUKE SMITH ARE GOIING BACK AND FORTH JUST TO RAISE HYPE FOR THIS PREVIEW?

You guys are eating it up like crazy and its working..

LOL @ All you fools really thinking they hate each other.

This is all for hype on here.

Duke Togo

deejay8595 said:
YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB!

DON'T YOU KNOW DD AND LUKE SMITH ARE GOIING BACK AND FORTH JUST TO RAISE HYPE FOR THIS PREVIEW?

HE'S RIGHT! WE'VE BEEN HAD!

[Nintex]

deejay8595 said:
YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB!

I don't (really) care about Luke Smith, or Dyack but if Too human turns out to be anything less then spectacular... you'd better find a shelter....

naranjito

Banned
deejay8595 said:
YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB!

hype.jpg

deejay8595 said:
YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB!

Dude, even by a small chance if it is..

it's entertaining..

Enjoy it.

here's a quick prediction you can take to the bank: Too Human will turn out to be less than spectacular.

no-one spends this amount of effort and shows this amount of idiotic PR skills unless the game is a ticking bomb.

SpacLock

So what time is all of this going down? There's too much bullshit talk in this thread that i'd have to go through to find out.

GhaleonEB

Mifune said:
It makes sense. Read it again.

If he didn't do that, the thread would be dead now, and I'd be forced to do work.

LukeSmith said:
So that means you thinkToo Human is going to "change the way we think about games" -- is that a promise you're willing to make right here ON THE INTERNET

DenisDyack said:
Of course not as I would never accuse you of thinking.

I can't wait!

Denis
Dunno. Still seems like a total non-sequester to me. Must be the post-lunch grogginess.

Either way it's amazingly petty. Luke doesn't think Too Human will "change the way we think about games" and it leads to this from the development lead? Jesus.

:lol

And here I thought Fridays couldn't get any more entertaining, between Bungie Updates, 1up show and 1up Yours.

LukeSmith

Denis Dyack said:
Of course not as I would never accuse you of thinking.

I can't wait! :)

Denis

So next week at Ziff Davis? Bring a build of your game with you!
Lemme know what time we should pencil you in.

Krowley

SpacLock said:
So what time is all of this going down? There's too much bullshit talk in this thread that i'd have to go through to find out.

Nobody knows for sure, but IGN usually updates around 9 PM EST (about 3 hours from now)

Mifune

Mehmber
The EGM guys must have gotten a look at the new build by now if there's an update in the June issue.

1up can't be far behind.

Mifune said:
The EGM guys must have gotten a look at the new build by now if there's an update in the June issue.

1up can't be far behind.

I'm guessing the update is some screenshots and more hot air from a certain PR genius.

Kosma

Banned
LukeSmith said:

Your office isn't big enough for Denis ego.

J/K

Or am I?

sankao

LukeSmith said:
That's not what I call striking hard.
Totally disappointed.

GhaleonEB said:
Dunno. Still seems like a total non-sequester to me. Must be the post-lunch grogginess.

Either way it's amazingly petty. Luke doesn't think Too Human will "change the way we think about games" and it leads to this from the development lead? Jesus.

:lol

And here I thought Fridays couldn't get any more entertaining, between Bungie Updates, 1up show and 1up Yours.

I think the phrase to focus on is "the way WE think about games."

Vrolokus

Banned
Denis, you've been burned by the mainstream video game press enough already - bring it by the Village Voice, I'll give you a fair shake!

LukeSmith

sankao said:
That's not what I call striking hard.
Totally disappointed.

I mean, who are we kidding. Does anyone really think Denis is going to come down to Ziff next week to "stand up to me" or whatever machismo fantasy he's playing out in his head right now? He doesn't want to have to explain his whole previews philosophy and his complete sea change the following week to anyone.

As much as I'd like to have this drama unfold with cameras on for a 1UP Show to be named later, there's just no way Denis will do it.

Vrolokus

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I mean, who are we kidding. Does anyone really think Denis is going to come down to Ziff next week to "stand up to me" or whatever machismo fantasy he's playing out in his head right now? He doesn't want to have to explain his whole previews philosophy and his complete sea change the following week to anyone.

As much as I'd like to have this drama unfold with cameras on for a 1UP Show to be named later, there's just no way Denis will do it.

*whispers* Mmmm... yes, reverse psychology - it just might work! Luke, you gotta rememb-- shh! shh! here he comes!

TDG

Banned
LukeSmith said:

I agree.

I think I'm going to enjoy this drama while I can until the game comes out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LukeSmith said:

beahwahwahwhhwha :lol

LukeSmith said:

Seriously. Come on Denis! Put your game where your mouth is.

sankao

LukeSmith said:

Sounds like a catch match scenario.
I want to believe.
Please do it Mr. Dyack.

Uncle

LukeSmith said:

You should try double daring him. It's more powerful than just daring, you know.

LukeSmith

Vrolokus said:
*whispers* Mmmm... yes, reverse psychology - it just might work! Luke, you gotta rememb-- shh! shh! here he comes!

It's not "reverse psychology" -- it's the truth. He isn't going to come down to chat about this.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
pswii60 said:
It's not just Dyack though, Jaffe is every bit as unprofessional as him IMO.

I disagree.

I find Jaffe to be quite a likeable character who speaks his mind, doesn't take himself too seriously, communicates with hardcore gamers in a rather relaxed fashion, and has been involved in products that deliver but know their place.

In contract, Dyack is a rather caustic personality with a substantial ego, takes himself too seriously, and (historically) has named-dropped, over-hyped, and under-delivered. That is probably quite harsh but it is the persona that he deploys on the internet and in his dealings with the gaming-press.

Geoff9920

binaryburrito said:
Seriously. Come on Denis! Put your game where your mouth is.
For real.

Denis gets mega coverage for Too Human, and the 1up show gets a potential best show ever. Everyone wins.

soco

oh god i wish he'd agree to this. this could be one of the best real-life gaming videos.

even if the game was shit, my respect would grow for dennis :)

TDG

Banned
LukeSmith said:
It's not "reverse psychology" -- it's the truth. He isn't going to come down to chat about this. Watch!
Yeah, I don't see him coming to Ziff to chat with you any time soon.

So... I hope the game ends up being good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom