• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypah

this thread is already the most entertaining shit i've seen all week. i don't know if it was a slow week or if this shit is just really funny....either way i can't wait for the piece to go up.

Each post costing both sides -5 respect points. Stop it now. If shit continues there will be no going back. Both side will lose. Seriously guys, there are other ways to communicate.

Vrolokus

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
Each post costing both sides -5 respect points. Stop it now. If shit continues there will be no going back. Both side will lose. Seriously guys, there are other ways to communicate.

Ignore this post. Bad post.

Dartastic

MirageDwarf said:

I don't know, I kinda like calling each other out, animated gifs, and whatever else will happen/come. I say keep it up.

sankao

MirageDwarf said:
You are witnessing the rise of a new way of marketing games. Show some respect.

MirageDwarf said:

I hope this is sarcasm.

MirageDwarf said:

I'm quite enjoying the transparency. It nice to know my opinion of Dyack is being confirmed. By himself. Live on the Internets!

So no To Human preview, eh?

I want to see something soon since I've heard "Oh the E3 build was a disaster"
over and over again. And don't say it shouldn't be previewed till it's done.

skip said:
why would luke want to hype an IGN preview

It would be pretty pointless to hype a preview for another site. Skip your on to something:)

LukeSmith said:
I mean, who are we kidding. Does anyone really think Denis is going to come down to Ziff next week to "stand up to me" or whatever machismo fantasy he's playing out in his head right now? He doesn't want to have to explain his whole previews philosophy and his complete sea change the following week to anyone.

As much as I'd like to have this drama unfold with cameras on for a 1UP Show to be named later, there's just no way Denis will do it.

Boy talk about bait. Luke you just made the biggest mistake of your life my friend. Just made you look like the lesser being in this by your luring attempts at publicity. Site traffic at 1up that low huh? Won't meet your quota for this month?

yukoner

LukeSmith said:
. Does anyone really think Denis is going to come down to Ziff next week to "stand up to me" or whatever machismo fantasy he's playing out in his head right now?

Dayum...that's some straight up bitterness right there.

Dennis, your last volley hurt his feelings...I think you should apologize :D

skip

Revelations said:
Boy talk about bait. Luke you just made the biggest mistake of your life my friend. Just made you look like the lesser being in this by your luring attempts at publicity. Site traffic at 1up that low huh? Won't meet your quota for this month?

:lol

MrSardonic said:
I disagree.

I find Jaffe to be quite a likeable character who speaks his mind, doesn't take himself too seriously, communicates with hardcore gamers in a rather relaxed fashion, and has been involved in products that deliver but know their place.

just felt like that needed to be quoted. Jaffe handles himself quite well and, most importantly, shows a great deal of respect for his audience.

Revelations said:

biggest mistake of his life? What about this one:

mulher_gorda_appa.jpg

the world needed to know!

Vrolokus

Banned
Revelations said:

glimmerman said:
I'm quite enjoying the transparency. It nice to know my opinion of Dyack is being confirmed. By himself. Live on the Internets!

Oh, the hate! The hate from both sides! It's bringing out the worst in everyone, I love it!

042305palpatine.jpg

Zenith

Banned
Revelations said:

How is saying they're not going to see Too Human going to generate traffic? It means they won't have a preview for you to click on. Luke just said what we're all thinking (and have also said ourselves, on multiple occasions. Let's hope Denis takes the hint this time. He really is Derek Smart MkII).

GhaleonEB

LukeSmith said:
I mean, who are we kidding. Does anyone really think Denis is going to come down to Ziff next week to "stand up to me" or whatever machismo fantasy he's playing out in his head right now? He doesn't want to have to explain his whole previews philosophy and his complete sea change the following week to anyone.

As much as I'd like to have this drama unfold with cameras on for a 1UP Show to be named later, there's just no way Denis will do it.

LukeSmith said:
It's not "reverse psychology" -- it's the truth. He isn't going to come down to chat about this.
We need a "gauntlet thrown" gif.

Denis seems to take criticism of his game personally, going by the podcast he was on. I'm hopeful this game will turn out excellent, but the way this all started smacks of his ego.

But if he DOES come on the show...oh boy that will be fun.

bendak

sankao said:
You are witnessing the rise of a new way of marketing games. Show some respect.

QFT. For all the silly things Denis will say, he has you all at the tips of his fingers. It's absolutely brilliant marketing. The publisher execs can take care of the "real" marketing but this right here is some crazy viral shit (even if it's to a small audience) and it's working. Heck even game journalists (well at least one) get sucked into the whole thing.

Now ignore I even posted this and back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

Vrolokus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

It would indeed. But in terms of who would benefit more from such an appearance - 1up or Dyack - I think it's skewed almost completely towards 1up... which is the number 1 reason it probably wouldn't happen.

nubbe

Srsly, probably not a single person on the forum whom don't know about Too Human... And yet we know nothing about.

Except it had a really shitty E3 build and is totally awesome.

GhaleonEB said:

I'll reiterate: I'll pay MONEY, 1up. Pay for his ticket. Massage his ego. Tell him his bad E3 build changed the games business. Tell him you'll never preview another game unless its done. Tell him Mark McDonald will personally cry in front of him.

Make it happen!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
bendak said:
QFT. For all the silly things Denis will say, he has you all at the tips of his fingers. It's absolutely brilliant marketing. The publisher execs can take care of the "real" marketing but this right here is some crazy viral shit (even if it's to a small audience) and it's working. Heck even game journalists (well at least one) get sucked into the whole thing.

Now ignore I even posted this and back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

I am glad people are being honest, Denis and Luke.

And I don't blame people for getting riled up, it's not marketing, it's frustration about someone who comes across with tonnes of ego and arrogance (Denis). I think he deserves it, and if anything I think his game is going to suffer for it. If it's not anything but a AAA title it's going to get ripped to shreds because of his comments.

If it does turn out to be awesome, it still leaves a shitty taste in your mouth knowing what sphinxter it originated from.

TDG

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
My respect for you: -5

bud

LukeSmith said:

lolololol

Zenith said:
How is saying they're not going to see Too Human going to generate traffic? It means they won't have a preview for you to click on. Luke just said what we're all thinking (and have also said ourselves, on multiple occasions. Let's hope Denis takes the hint this time. He really is Derek Smart MkII).

Luke is just itching for someone like denis to scratch his balls so he can get all his "homeboys" in the run and gang bang denis like they did the guy at FASA studios. Those of us in the know know what game he plays. It will generate traffic just on entertaining the thought of the interview. Don't be coy.

I find it funny that everyone is dogging denis when Luke is making himself look even more the girly voiced wimp he appears to be. :lol Who's being the bully here besides me..?

besiktas1

Creasybear said:
maybe if dennis bundled copies of this thread with Too Human, that train wreck of game would be entertaining enough to buy.
mmmkay and you know this by playing the final version (if any) or are you just trolling. :/ Come on jr I can see you'll last long here.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Thunderbear said:
I am glad people are being honest, Denis and Luke.

And I don't blame people for getting riled up, it's not marketing, it's frustration about someone who comes across with tonnes of ego and arrogance (Denis). I think he deserves it, and if anything I think his game is going to suffer for it. If it's not anything but a AAA title it's going to get ripped to shreds because of his comments.

If it does turn out to be awesome, it still leaves a shitty taste in your mouth knowing what sphinxter it originated from.

Luke's the one whos being egotistical and rude here. Its not like its Denis versus a nice, reasonable, objective guy.

You guys act like if somebody does something good they can't be proud of it and have to just be humble about it like they didn't deserve it. If the games good then it does matter who created it, and we should respect them. So this guy talks more than other developers. So what.

GhaleonEB

bud said:
You edited out the <3, darn. :p

And yeah, I'd pay money for the show with Denis and Luke after these exchanges. I would also like Denis to show Luke the game, and then ask with a straight face, "Does this change the way you think about games?"

:)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Revelations said:
Luke is just itching for someone like denis to scratch his balls so he can get all his "homeboys" in the run and gang bang denis like they did the guy at FASA studios. Those of us in the know know what game he plays. It will generate traffic just on entertaining the thought of the interview. Don't be coy.

I find it funny that everyone is dogging denis when Luke is making himself look even more the girly voiced wimp he appears to be. :lol Who's being the bully here besides me..?

How does this theory of yours work? I certainly haven't browsed over to 1up.com since reading this thread... have you?

TDG

Banned
Revelations said:

You know who I don't like? You.

bud

GhaleonEB said:
You edited out the <3, darn. :p

And yeah, I'd pay money for the show with Denis and Luke after these exchanges. I would also like Denis to show Luke the game, and then ask with a straight face, "Does this change the way you think about games?"

:)

but his post didn't make sense :p

i still thought it was funny though:lol

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Thunderbear said:
How does this theory of yours work? I certainly haven't browsed over to 1up.com since reading this thread... have you?

I considered it in an effort to find out who the hell this lukesmith guy was. But that was a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom