• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

The 360 was definitely the "all my friends are playing on it so I'll get all multi-plat games on it" console, even though it basically defined what a modern video game console did.

E3 seems like its gonna be pretty quiet this year for me. I was most interested in NX and thats gone. Dont care about Scorpio or Neo. Doubt Bethesda, UbiSoft or EA will have anything for me.

bigkrev

I've taken E3 Monday off the last 3 years, and I'm currently unemployed so I guess I'm committed to watching this year

Seeing Sony in a movie theater, and will order Dominos for Microsoft

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The 360 was definitely the "all my friends are playing on it so I'll get all multi-plat games on it" console, even though it basically defined what a modern video game console did.
This honestly might've been part of the reason why I got one. I got my PS3 a few years later, but noticed I was slowly starting to prefer that & while I'm still glad I got a 360, I think I would've been happier if I went with a PS3 first.

Got my PS4 on Black Friday 2015 because after looking at the exclusives & the upcoming games, I figured PS4 would satisfy my interests more than X1.

Jarate

Banned
I think this is his NBA be the first year I probably won't watch e3. I think the psvr is the only thing I'll be interested in seeing if there's games for it I want (not shitty minigames or simple games, I want AAA VR)

I think I'll just chill and watch the Giantbomb streams while playing Overwatch or Fire Emblem or something. Last year was a pretty massive blowout, but with the number of people dropping out of E3 or severely dropping their level of appearance at the event, I'm not expecting much. Otoh, this is the opportunity for E3 to prove its still relevant. E3 is even getting somewhat desperate and re-opening to the public again because of PAX. At the end of the day you have to think about how beneficial E3 actually is to the publishers and developers when there are so many conventions of equal size and attendance out there.

I think soon enough publishers will choose the PAX's over E3, or go the Nintendo and Blizzard route of just doing their own thing. If you can drop an announcement whenever the fuck you feel like it like Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve and Rockstar then you don't have to fight for news space against FINAL FANTASY VII REMASTERED. I'm not sure I agree entirely with Jeff Gerstmann when he says E3 is dying faster then most people think, but this is the least important E3 in a long-ass time with all these publishers and manufacturers dipping support, unless the Scorpio and Neo stuff becomes a huge blowout. You have to think - Nintendo isn't showing their new console at E3. Now Nintendo has always been a bit weird, but this is a step beyond - especially since they are coming to E3 with one game.

If anything I am most interested in how Xbox will go forward. This is the first time in history their PC support has been more then hot air, although to varying degrees of success. Heard some bad shit about Quantum Break and Gears Remastered on PC.

Line_HTX

I've taken E3 Monday off the last 3 years, and I'm currently unemployed so I guess I'm committed to watching this year

Seeing the Sony presser at a theater... I cannot...

:V

I've never had a job to skip to watch E3 for. I've watched every press conference every year since around 2009. E3 is my Christmas every year.

Seeing the Sony presser at a theater... I cannot...

:V

I would have gone if there was one in Spokane but Seattle is too far for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only one theater is doing it in Michigan, & it's in Lansing, which is about an hour away & I'd have to rush back to make it back in time for work afterwards.

....though as neat as the goodies would be for attending, I don't know if I want to watch it with an audience that'll react to every single sentence being spoken.

Yeah, this E3 is probably gonna be pretty quiet. I don't expect anything to blow me away.

Also Ichigo just fired a
Gran Rey Cero.

Wooooooo, so exciting...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, this E3 is probably gonna be pretty quiet. I don't expect anything to blow me away.

Also Ichigo just fired a
Gran Rey Cero.

Wooooooo, so exciting...

It's honestly amazing how boring Bleach is right now. At least in comparison to its Jump peers.
One Piece is revving up a big new arc, Hunter x Hunter is in the middle of a long-anticipated fight that is exceeding expectations, My Hero Academia is in a big fight where the fates of the fighters are unknown, Toriko is even in its final arc, and then you've got Bleach which is.... *yawwwwwn*

Grexeno

Bleach may be being written and drawn by an advanced supercomputer that had all previous Bleach volumes inserted into it as data.

BatDan

Bleach may be being written and drawn by an advanced supercomputer that had all previous Bleach volumes inserted into it as data.

I'll take the asspull bullshit.
I'll take "Whoever said the Espada went from 1 to 10?"
Or "Since when were you under the impression i didn't use my power?"
Or the still hilarious "Trick Hitsugaya into stabbing Hinamori" trick.

Bleach was better when it was dumber. It's just boring now. Needs more nonsensiclal twists.

In other news I've been playing through Tales From the Borderlands despite not liking Borderlands or Telltale games, but I decided to give it a shot because of the high praise and its pretty good.

At this point they should just make it a goddamn visual novel though. The sequences were you walk around areas as slooooooowwwww aaaaaasssss possssssiiibbbbleeee are terrible. I'd much prefer it to be Ace Attorney style where you just move a cursor around a screen. Also it doesn't look like a PS4 game. I don't like Telltale or Borderlands art style but I think it can look better then this, even on a budget. At least the game isn't fucked up by glitches.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think I'll just chill and watch the Giantbomb streams while playing Overwatch or Fire Emblem or something. Last year was a pretty massive blowout, but with the number of people dropping out of E3 or severely dropping their level of appearance at the event, I'm not expecting much. Otoh, this is the opportunity for E3 to prove its still relevant. E3 is even getting somewhat desperate and re-opening to the public again because of PAX. At the end of the day you have to think about how beneficial E3 actually is to the publishers and developers when there are so many conventions of equal size and attendance out there.

I think soon enough publishers will choose the PAX's over E3, or go the Nintendo and Blizzard route of just doing their own thing. If you can drop an announcement whenever the fuck you feel like it like Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve and Rockstar then you don't have to fight for news space against FINAL FANTASY VII REMASTERED. I'm not sure I agree entirely with Jeff Gerstmann when he says E3 is dying faster then most people think, but this is the least important E3 in a long-ass time with all these publishers and manufacturers dipping support, unless the Scorpio and Neo stuff becomes a huge blowout. You have to think - Nintendo isn't showing their new console at E3. Now Nintendo has always been a bit weird, but this is a step beyond - especially since they are coming to E3 with one game.

If anything I am most interested in how Xbox will go forward. This is the first time in history their PC support has been more then hot air, although to varying degrees of success. Heard some bad shit about Quantum Break and Gears Remastered on PC.

I would rather have something more geared towards consumers than the industry be the big event of the year to tell the truth. Especially since they make all kinds of huge announcements there.

To be frank, I typically hate it when a game forces you walk slow. I remember it starting in Gears of War, but I'm sure it's been around longer. I hated it back then, and I hate it more now.

Uncharted 4 has a few moments like this. To be fair, a few work, but one early on in a
prison
is totally pointless storywise.

I'm pretty sure its used to mask load times, but in games like the King's Quest reboot you just walk sooooooooooooooooooooo goddamn slow for no reason. Are they trying to rekindle the old DOS era of everything being slow as shit? Because you shouldn't do that. Nothing drives me more up the wall. If I could make everything move as fast as Quake III I would.

BatDan

I would rather have something more geared towards consumers than the industry be the big event of the year to tell the truth. Especially since they make all kinds of huge announcements there.

I feel that's what Nintendo Directs are aiming for. For the consumers not the industry. Hence why for a while, every Direct was followed up with a bunch of articles crying for Nintendo's doom because the press wasn't being catered to anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, in fact you could say they went with the "Direct' name because it was meant to be "directly" to the consumers & fans.

I still wonder if they'll do a small one before E3 so they can be all "HEY, Pokemon Sun/Moon! Remember to get Kirby & TMS! Here's a date for Rhythm Heaven Megamix! Paper Mario's coming to NX now, no idea why we announced it for Wii U. How about those 3rd party games?"

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Please tell me I didn't miss some sort of One Piece giveaway from Seda. *waits expectantly but also begins crying a bit*

Jarate

Banned
also, does anyone have experience with their internet just completely shitting itself this time of year?

Im really mad, can't play overwatch at all right now due to how bad my internet is. Would really like to start streaming the game, but can't even stream above worse then SD resolutions :(

Jarate

Banned
S0mShSm.jpg

Seda

Hunter X Hunter 4-6
-Red eyes? Even more Naruto ripoffs smh
-Leorio's backstory isn't too unique but so far seems to be established well
-The initial deception test was obvious. most of the deceptions were pretty clearcut.
-NOGGIN LUGGIN' TORTOISE
-Did he really carry a can of bad juice for 80 km
-Leorio is pretty reckless huh. I'm #teamkurapika at the moment
-piggies are cute
-"I'll shove my arm up your ass and knock your teeth out!" Sounds pleasant. Menchi is fun.
-SpiderEagles? Is this Avatar TLA
-Music is still amazing

Dimension W 11-12
-Anything I remembered 4 weeks ago is probably gone now.
-"There's no lag because the connection goes through Dimension W. It's plugged directly into my consciousness .... I'm amazed Salva was able to create this and for the most part, it works flawlessly" LOL WAT
-Materialized space from Dimension W okay
-WE=pmc^2 ARE YOU SERIOUS "speed of light equals renewal of possibility" wat
-These scene transitions are something else
-I feel like the drama here, even with all the techno-nonsense, could be a lot better implementation of plot revelations, both pacing and position - especially considering flashbacks. The shows relies far too much on a general pattern of 1.) introducing some <mystery elements> and then 2.) explaining with a plot dump afterwards. This works sometimes, but DW seriously does this for every notable contributing plot factor.
-Wow they stretch the established world rules at every possible chance, huh.
-Some really goofy animation these episodes
-As someone who has worked with a type of particle accelerator, "cable from a particle accelerator" literally makes no sense. Particle accelerators are large, but mostly vacuum systems with lots of individual cables running individual electric fields or vacuum pumps, not a mile long durable rope >_<
-This ending is totally hamfisted
0fW8yqA.gif

Samurai Champloo 19-21

19 was kinda annoying. 20-21 were great and would take too may words to praise. Probably my favorite of the two parters (beating Misguided Miscreants) More recently, I had been enjoying the sillier episodes of Samurai Champloo (Bogus Booty and War of the Words) so it was nice to have an emotionally impactful set here.

One Piece 345-347
-Okay this undead warthog is the most annoying thing
-It's Chip and Dale!
-This Alice in wonderland episode has some really goofy animation but it kinda fits?
-Sanji the penguin.....dog??
-Robin's creepy imagination is kinda delightful - 'maybe they're being choked....or lost their limbs'
-Of course Luffy grabs a suit of armor
-So I guess we're in the crowd control section of the thriller bark arc.
-this goddamn warthog
-Oh hey a kidnapped women was able to save herself. neat
-"You can fly?" "For five seconds" "LAME"
-This spidermonkey laughs like The Count
-And suddenly Brook

Line_HTX

So tonight during halftime was the first time I've heard of G-Eazy. Now I know what that song is.

Oh my God, I completely forgot about the stupidest words ever uttered, which was "cable from a particle accelorator." I'm still pissed at Studio 3Hz, and it's a complete shame that both the OP and ED songs plus the Kyoma dance gif will be wasted.

Seda

What was the reason for airing a pair of DBZ Kai episodes a few weeks back? Just to have Gundam debut after Memorial Day?

Line_HTX

What was the reason for airing a pair of DBZ Kai episodes a few weeks back? Just to have Gundam debut after Memorial Day?

Yeah, since Memorial Day was marathon week, they didn't want to premiere it immediately after Dimension W ended. Start fresh after marathon weekend.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Do you like One Piece?

Do you like fighting games (that you haven't already purchased)?

Do you have a PS4?

OR

Do you have a PSVita?

Do you not mind digital versions?

PM me if so. First person (each platform) gets a goodie. (thread regulars only)

Waiting for the PC version to be released which I have many concerns with.

They said on pre flight the dbz hour marathon was a "thanks Japanese rights holders" or something along those lines so I imagine for w/e reason they couldn't start airing Ibo until the week it starts

Even if it wasn't a license issue, I still would've aired the new Gundam after Memorial Day weekend. I rather see it weekly than have any interruptions especially if it happens after its debut episode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since Seda is back I'll begin posting Trigun again after I finish beating VLR. So probably sometime next week.

I'll link most of the gifs to save bandwidth.

Listen, I'm gonna get Overwatch.

And when I do, I'm gonna play Reaper.

And not feel any shame over it.

I'll feel a little shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom