• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

caliph95

cf0f8f795e3fd201276b516b9822c72363e7f576_hq.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I suppose compared with a lot of Gundam this is true.

Shows more boring than Wing.

Gundam Age
Gundam 00, mind you this one has ALIENS and lizard metal men who love gundam and the same twist as the movie Beerfest with a main character, a guy called MISTER BUSHIDO and is still one of the more boring shows. The second season is that bad that it drops the average quite a bit.
08th MS Team. Yes this series has that one amazing fight, it's also pretty damn rote right in the middle.
IBO Season 1. I should asterisk this one because I haven't seen the second season yet, which I hear is a big improvement. Wing has nothing even remotely as boring as DORT.
Gundam X. Boring series overall, Newtype Dolphins be damned.
Victory Gundam. Really drags in places.
Turn A Gundam. Is a much better show than Wing but isn't paced as nicely and drags a lot near the end.
Unicron.

Shows about on par with wing's level of excitement.

Seed, Destiny, 0083, the first half of 00, Zeta, MSG, ZZ, Build Fighters Try.

Shows that make Wing look boring.

G Gundam, 0080, Build Fighters. AKA the really good Gundam shows, aka the shows that also aren't really about space operatic war between psychics.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God have you read Frozen Teardrop?

I don't as a rule read Gundam manga because it is fanfic tier nonsense. I know roughly what happens in them via general mecha nerd osmosis.

The only Man God approved Gundam Manga are Crossbone and G Gundam. The G Gundam manga is not good mind you, but the writer clearly has shipped Domon with Allenby and does everything possible to write Rain out of it without altering the story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
notice how nappa's uvula & the blackness around it doesn't flash along the rest of his body/scene

Morlas

Vegeta killing nappa was clearly just to show how serious of a threat he was and he clearly wouldn't do that today
he'd do it because nappa is an asshole

caliph95

Why do people even go to the Dark Tournament, seems you're more likely to die as collateral damage, a fighter just being a dick or to have your soul absorbed to get stronger

You would probably die before you get to enjoy the really good fights

Though seeing the assholes demons switch sides when they realize the side they were cheering on were assholes is hilarious

BBboy20

Why do people even go to the Dark Tournament, seems you're more likely to die as collateral damage, a fighter just being a dick or to have your soul absorbed to get stronger

You would probably die before you get to enjoy the really good fights

Though seeing the assholes demons switch sides when they realize the side they were cheering on were idiots is hilarious
Demons have a different perception of life and death than humans do?

Morlas

You know what sucks about the last arc?
that yusuke is suddenly alright hanging out with a bunch of people eaters

As someone who hasn't read the manga, the anime ending to Yu Yu Hakusho is better than the manga right?

Also I bought a Switch.

Gonna be here Sunday.

A normal human being can survive two weeks without food right?

caliph95

As someone who hasn't read the manga, the anime ending to Yu Yu Hakusho is better than the manga right?

Also I bought a Switch.

Gonna be here Sunday.

A normal human being can survive two weeks without food right?
Apparently Togashi rushed the ending and was screwed by his editors and the anime had to flesh it out to salvage it

Apparently Togashi rushed the ending and was screwed by his editors and the anime had to flesh it out to salvage it

I dunno how the anime handeled it, but in the manga their in the first round where it's like 40 man free for alls. Yusuke is about to fight the "main bad guy" of the arc, then it flashes forward and is like "a lot battles happened then the janitor guy won the tournment and became king of hell" and that's the end of the arc basically.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno how the anime handeled it, but in the manga their in the first round where it's like 40 man free for alls. Yusuke is about to fight the "main bad guy" of the arc, then it flashes forward and is like "a lot battles happened then the janitor guy won the tournment and became king of hell" and that's the end of the arc basically.

The anime fleshes out a bunch of the fights, but it ends similarly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so I have a theory about how sonic & persona 5 are connected

see, joker entered eggman's palace, but in the process turned into an animal, but then sonic appeared similar to morgana & then they team up to beat eggman, therefore letting joker take his treasure of.......i don't know, one of his prototypes, & all the shadows are taking the form of sonic's old enemies

but it's just a theory...............A GAME THEOkay I can't even complete this joke because I'm sure some fanatics already took my joke way too seriously....

Morlas

so I have a theory about how sonic & persona 5 are connected

see, joker entered eggman's palace, but in the process turned into an animal, but then sonic appeared similar to morgana & then they team up to beat eggman, therefore letting joker take his treasure of.......i don't know, one of his prototypes, & all the shadows are taking the form of sonic's old enemies

but it's just a theory...............A GAME THEOkay I can't even complete this joke....
Don't you know Mario is a psychopath and Luigi is rosalina's father? Also sans is ness

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Atlus to return the favor by having a Sega costume pack for Persona 5, dress Morgana up as a Chu Chu Rocket mouse, Joker as Sonic, Ryuji as a Streets of Rage character, Ann as Ulala, Yusuke as Shinobi or Joe Musashi, Makoto as Sarah from Virtua Fighter, Futaba as a Phantasy Star Online character, & Haru as Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles.

Bam, I just made Sega/Atlus more money.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NETFLIX UPDATE:

Kill la Kill and SAO II still remain without their dub. As does ONE PUNCH MAN, which was announced with its dub and I believe had the dub for its first twenty four hours.

Soul Eater is gone.

But as for new, surprising things. All four Inuyasha Movies. All three Naruto Movies, and Naruto Shippuden Movies 2-5 were all added today, joining the first Naruto movie. A whole lot of Non-canon™

Also the second and third Berserk golden age movies.

cntr

Banned
From what I've heard, Togashi wanted YYH to become more like what ended up being HxH, while the editors wanted more tournaments. So he finally went "fuck you" and ended the manga, and moved on to Level E and HxH.

Talk all the shit you guys want Heero is still a better protag than fucking Setsuna.
both of them are shit compared to Mikazuki tho

Aldnoah Zero is genuinely the worst mecha show I've ever watched.
You should watch this show called 'Cross Ange'.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wanna know how boring I am? I've never smoked a cigarette or drank alcohol before let alone gotten stoned
Same here. I only drank a sip of beer once because my dad was all "HEY, YOU'RE 21, & EVEN THOUGH YOU CLEARLY STATED YOU'RE STAYING AWAY FROM ALCOHOL, I WANT YOU TO TRY ALCOHOL SO YOU CAN STAY AWAY FROM IT"

...I think another time was a few years later when there was nothing to drink except some black cherry malt & it was okay, but then halfway through the bottle, I was getting tired of the taste & nothing was "happening" that made me feel different. Plus the one time I said "huh, this isn't bad", my dad & sis made a big deal out of it, including my sis being something among the lines of "nooo i don't want my brother to be an alcoholic", despite again being very vocal to them I was never going to make drinking a hobby.

caliph95

I have gotten drunk a few times as a teen as well smoked a few times

Seeing my drunk self it's overrated but that's my shitty self control

Top Bottom