• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Seda

DsB6yUZ.gif

TheSun

Haha these are great. Never read them before. I'm afraid of the inevitable third one. Because I know what's gonna be in the third one.
I think

Oh yeah, anime. Saint Young Men was pretty chill. Odd premise but still okay.

cntr

Banned
podcast stuff: Yeah, to be honest, this podcast feels like it's about nothing but complaints. Not very fun to listen to. Guess I'm sticking with the Showdown.

Oh yeah, anime. Saint Young Men was pretty chill. Odd premise but still okay.
I've heard good things about that series! Definitely going to read it some day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
podcast stuff: Yeah, to be honest, this podcast feels like it's about nothing but complaints. Not very fun to listen to. Guess I'm sticking with the Showdown.

Dunno, I remember being pretty positive outside Tokyo Ghoul and maybe Kai (it's moving at a snail's pace compared to previous arcs atm so there's not much to say without spoiling things). There's nothing really hype to get super excited about right now so that might be the problem.

Xe4

Banned
I don't have too many complaints in about the podcast being overly negative.

I think the thread will sometimes veer too negative at times, or view things as totally good or totally bad (ie, hype as shit or garbage).

Though this ain't a half bad community if that's basically the worst thing about it.

cntr

Banned
I'unno, like, the Super episode was one of the best yet, but you wouldn't be able to tell that at all from the podcast. It just felt like the same old complaints, nobody actually talked about anything. And it's not just Dragonball, there doesn't seem to be much discussed at all. For example, one of the discussion points for Super was "this episode didn't matter, it was filler", which is like, what? Who gives a shit about that?

edit: Though, after listening fully, this week was much better than the last few weeks have been.

I think the thread will sometimes veer too negative at times, or view things as totally good or totally bad (ie, hype as shit or garbage).

Though this ain't a half bad community if that's basically the worst thing about it.
Really? The thread gets a bit silly sometimes, but I find that it's infinitely better than regular MangaGAF or AnimeGAF.

...but that probably says more about them than us, heh. Those guys are just horrible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe one day I'll bust out the YEEET-TAY, give my new pop filter a run and show you all what the power of positivity can bring to the world of podcasts covering late night weekend animation blocks. Maybe if Mobile Fighter G Gundam HD shows up. Or Fairy Tail. Or One Piece returns to save the ratings.

Xe4

Banned
Really? The thread gets a bit silly sometimes, but I find that it's infinitely better than regular MangaGAF or AnimeGAF.

...but that probably says more about them than us, heh. Those guys are just horrible.
This is the only community thread I visit regularly (that's actually gotten a second OT), and IMO it's a lot better than most, but it still has problems, as does every community thread on GAF.

Most of it is pretty minor and avoidable though, so it doesn't bug me too much.

Seda

I've said a few times that I think the biggest issue this thread has is the hate-watch negativity can get a bit overwhelming. I think the best thing to do about this is try to be cognizant of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've said a few times that I think the biggest issue this thread has is the hate-watch negativity can get a bit overwhelming. I think the best thing to do about this is try to be cognizant of it.

Even then there hasn't been a good 22 minutes of hate since SAO II ended.

It's more people going why even bother with Unicron and Tokyo Ghoul.

Morlas

i'm just glad we're not full of a bunch of pervs who get out of control every time there's some T&A....
right?

caliph95

Do people even hate watch anything other than Tokyo Ghoul it seems like people generally like all the shows but then again I only watch a few of them

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'm just glad we're not full of a bunch of pervs who get out of control every time there's some T&A....
right?

From time to time this thread has gone nuts over some T&A. Peak was right around the time TTGL and a few other shows were on.

This thread also loves R. DOROTHY WAINRIGHT. There was a bit of a waifu war over Robin when One Piece started. I have the (battle) tendency to gif any breast bounce I have access to because I find them hilarious.

Seda

I remember when this thread went stupidly nuts when Parasyte showed the woman breastfeeding. I thought it was pretty immature imo

Moaradin

Don't think we've had a good hatewatch show in a while. Seems like most people eventually just checked out when Unicorn and Tokyo Ghoul are on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember when this thread went stupidly nuts when Parasyte showed the woman breastfeeding. I thought it was pretty immature imo

I knew I forgot something a bit more recently that made me cringe a bit at the youngins.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Do people even hate watch anything other than Tokyo Ghoul it seems like people generally like all the shows but then again I only watch a few of them

I think everything on the block, outside Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul, is great, I just feel like right now there's nothing really special on the block. That and a ton of the shows are in a transitional phase of their plots right now, so there's not a whole lot happening outside of setup for future events.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if people will go all man crazy when D-I-O finally gets out of the shadows and back in the action.

Dio sits on his ass most of Part 3 and sends his minion of the week to do his dirty work. That bastard, denying us what we truly want. JOHNATHANS BODY AND DIO'S SEXY VOICE.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tokyo Ghoul went from a "lol let's have fun with this" hate watch to "omg this is legal awful uuggghhh" hate watch. But aside from that (& based on the weekly podcast reactions, Shippuden), I don't really think most of the shows at the moment have people who dislike it more than like.

Maybe Kai because of how it's just been dragging lately, but that could just be me. I feel like I'm a lot harder to be "triggered" by something being awful compared to others since it seems I tend to laugh more at a bad show than be mad or bored (save for Dimension W which annoyed me & Unicorn for being duuullllll)

Dunno, I remember being pretty positive outside Tokyo Ghoul and maybe Kai (it's moving at a snail's pace compared to previous arcs atm so there's not much to say without spoiling things). There's nothing really hype to get super excited about right now so that might be the problem.
I think this is a factor as well. Outlaw Star is still getting off the ground, it sounds like we've got a while before we're gonna hit Greed Island's "high point", Jojo has a while before getting into its groove, & Super seems to finally be getting to original content.

I think everything on the block, outside Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul, is great, I just feel like right now there's nothing really special on the block. That and a ton of the shows are in a transitional phase of their plots right now, so there's not a whole lot happening outside of setup for future events.
Basically this.

right?
I feel like for the most part, it only gets brought up if it's SUPER obvious or it's the focus of the scene. Like, it's more making fun of "Gee, this is clearly trying to be fanservice" & what not, or "WOW, they seriously animated this character's body like THAT?"

It doesn't seem to be anywhere as bad as when someone on the Toonami Faithful podcast would steer a conversation of an Akame ga Kill episode with "YO, MINE MIGHT BE FLAT CHESTED, BUT SHE GOT DAT BOOTY TO MAKE UP FOR IT" or "ESDEATH CAN DOMINATE ME ANYTIME", to the point I stopped listening because I was so sick of them only talking about the women on the show. Nobody here from what I can remember is anywhere near as bad.

It's not raining...
You know...I listen to Lacuna Coil and I think Tokyo Ghoul is some needlessly edgy bullshit. Who exactly is the demographic for that show?

cntr

Banned
young teenagers and shadow the hedgehog

also season 2 bombed horribly, which is why there was no season 3.

...and season 1 wasn't that successful either, which is why season 2 looks so much cheaper.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yet the manga is still doing really well.

I think they could give it to a different studio to make an anime that's much more faithful.

cntr

Banned
I'd be surprised if we didn't get a faithful/good version of Tokyo Ghoul by another studio at some point. Depends on when Pierrot's rights expire.

young teenagers and shadow the hedgehog

also season 2 bombed horribly, which is why there was no season 3.

...and season 1 wasn't that successful either, which is why season 2 looks so much cheaper.
Damn, even Knuckles is too mentally evolved to like Tokyo Ghoul.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The point being Black Clover is probably a series we are going to have to deal with on Toonami at some point if Crunchyroll titles are viable for the block.

Top Bottom