• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2014 |OT| Riding Around 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Contador hit something in the road. Ugh.

Team Tinkoff-Saxo has told NBC that Contador was going downhill at 70-80 km/hr and hit something in the road.

Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome 2m

Big loss for the TDF today. Recover well @albertocontador & I hope to see you at the Vuelta.

Hanmik

6hAx4Iw.jpg

Questioned by letour.fr, Tinkoff-Saxo's directeur sportif Philippe Mauduit who jumped in the second team car to let a free seat to Alberto Contador after his retirement explained: “Alberto badly crashed. His right knee is seriously injured. The crash has been violent. I have his shoe with me, it's completely destroyed. According to some rumors, his bike has been broken but that's not the case. A bike fell from our racks after we fixed Nicolas Roche's bike. It's obviously too early to establish a diagnostic for Alberto. Once he'll reach the finish, he'll undergo an x-ray examination. Before pulling out, he told us that he was in an awful pain and he couldn't go any further on his bike. It's a pity because everything had gone well since the beginning of the Tour. We had a plan and today's race was unfolding exactly as we wanted. In a fraction of a second, it all fell apart, so we're immensely sad. Tomorrow, it's a rest day. After tomorrow, a new battle will begin. We'll stay united and a new Tour de France will begin for us.”

damn.

Crazy, they were stopped or stopping to help Roche and somehow a bike came off the roof and hit or at least caused Contador to crash. You couldn't make it up.

I think the bike came off and snapped in two after Alberto crashed, because they were fixing a flat on Roche's bike. Thus the confusion with people speculating that Alberto's bike snapped. I doubt a team car was in front of Alberto anyway because there was no Tinkoff riders in the break.

I can't imagine a scenario where Roche's bike is being fixed, and while being fixed another bike falls off causing a trailing and descending Alberto to crash.

Crazy, they were stopped or stopping to help Roche and somehow a bike came off the roof and hit or at least caused Contador to crash. You couldn't make it up.

It makes no sense how it fell on him. Roche would have stopped and Contador would have rode off ahead of him, while Roche stopped to wait for the team car. Very strange story

Joni

They're probably saying the broken bike is the bike that fell off which is unrelated to the Contador incident, but just happened around the same time. Otherwise that team screwed up very badly.

kottila

I think they're just saying that the broken bike was a bike that fell off the roof and is unrelated to all the other events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom