• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transparent |OT| Be Seen. Amazon's Emmy Award Winning series - S4 available now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm really baffled by Nacho living in the walls of the house for 30 years. Fucking how? Turtles have a slow metabolism but still need food and water.

I just finished episode 3, and yeah: how the fuck did that thing survive for decades in their ventilation system? There was no food for it (maaaybe the occasional cockroach or fly??) and certainly no water.

n64coder

I've been an Amazon Prime member since the beginning but I never took advantage of the non-shipping benefits until recently when I watched Red Oaks. I'm now eager to explore Amazon's other shows and started watching this series, Transparent. Wow, good stuff. Can't believe I didn't hear about it until now.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
Why aren't people watching this? It's so good. Perhaps people assume that because of its premise it's going to be this preachy, melodramatic thing...but they couldn't be more wrong. I mean, this was never going to be a mainstream show, but come on. 3 seasons and 250 posts is quite sad. At least it's racking up awards and nominations.

Only had time for one episode today, but yup: still fantastic.

Sunster

I love the sibling dynamic in this show. They do it so well it's incredibly realistic and relatable even though this obviously isn't the average family.

bounchfx

Was hyped for this season but it seems like a lackluster reception so far. Will probably check it out myself soon after narcos

JonnyKong

I think it's a great season so far, but it's too much of a strange coincidence how many people all seem to be in Israel,
Maura's dad
, that girl's mother, the famous instagram person.

Just finished the season. Liked it overall, but missed LA. For me, Transparent is as much about the family as it is about Los Angeles. And I really, really missed
Raquel. The show needs her!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Overall I thought the season was decent, with only a couple of standout scenes.

I'm still annoyed that Maura is, like, tied for 4th in importance in her own show. Way too much time is spent on Sarah and her sex addiction/poly triad, Josh's issues, and Shelly's improv shit (improv is never interesting and I hate how often you see it pop up in various shows). Ali is the only Pfefferman besides Maura that I can stand, to be honest.

I think show would be much better if they had just focused on Maura, Davina, Raquel, Shea, and Ali, post season 1.

Oh boy, that scene in the desert at the end of episode 8 was tough to watch ��

The stuff with the gun was fucking stupid though.

This season felt kinda like a stopgap in some ways. Where they are going with Ali should have been more of a focus, but that should be a major plot in the next season.

And yeah it felt like Maura took a backseat to the siblings this time, which may be why the reception isn't as strong this time around. The "kids" obviously have a very well written and acted dynamic but they can be hard to take in such large doses. Ultimately the show is about Maura and it felt like everything going on with her was kinda glossed over.

But when she learns about Gersha/Gettel (sp?), I was broken. I come from a Muslim family. And I'm bisexual and I grew up knowing I was different, but feeling so lost without someone to talk to about it. I'm still am unable to come out to my family and I have always wondered who else came before me and went through the same thing. Before I became comfortable with who I am, I always felt alone in this and seeing Maura go through that and have that realization was fucking heart-wrenching. God I love this show despite it hurting so much sometimes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This season felt kinda like a stopgap in some ways.

Which is especially weird seeing as how it was Jill Soloway's last season as showrunner.

But when she learns about Gersha/Gettel (sp?), I was broken. I come from a Muslim family. And I'm bisexual and I grew up knowing I was different, but feeling so lost without someone to talk to about it. I'm still am unable to come out to my family and I have always wondered who else came before me and went through the same thing. Before I became comfortable with who I am, I always felt alone in this and seeing Maura go through that and have that realization was fucking heart-wrenching. God I love this show despite it hurting so much sometimes.

(Join us in the LGBTQ+ thread! :D)

JonnyKong

Oh I never realised Soloway was leaving. That's a shame because I often find the quality of a show deteriates once the original showrunner leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom