• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S2 |OT| Spiderman Too, 2 Many Spidermen (April 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauroxd

Haha yeah saw more of those posters in episode 3 as a background gag. Nice.

Also in episode 3:
DJ FINGERBLAST holding up the "shocker" finger sign was hilarious

Yep ,that was too good... It was really quick but I luaghed too much at that!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
1x02
"Look at this view! It's horrible!

If I can see New Jersey, that means it can see me!"

/dead

Quick

Banned
Episode 1: done.

Good shit getting back into things immediately. No time wasted and the cast is on point.

And how I missed that theme song.

Sober

End of episode 4:

Titus and Mikey, OMG please tell me I will see more of them, so good together. Same tier as Darryl/White Josh

Haha fucking Patrick Stewart and Dean Winters as Bunny and Kitty

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Episode 3

Michael Jordan Moustache

oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Just finished the second season on my day off. Love Netflix for this sort of thing.

Really enjoyed it, a little different but just as good (if not better) than the first season.

More of a happy, feel good tone as well which I appreciated. Likewise, the random weirdness as well.

Such a good show, I'm glad I randomly clicked onto it a week ago.

Finished S2. It's hard to say whether or not I liked it more than S1 because they're both excellent. I think S2 is better as a whole, but S1 was a bit funnier. Either way I'm totally in love with this show and I'm so glad it's already renewed for S3.

Mikey is sexy as hell FYI.

MC Safety

I haven't finished season two, but I think the novelty's worn off.

To be fair, I wasn't a fan of Carol Kane ever, or of Lilian the slum lord as a character, or the witch from Princess Bride who's clearly been transplanted here. Titus and Kimmie are fine, but Jacqueline should have stayed with her parents.

Bunny and kitty was the best of what I've seen so far. And I like the guy who's now Titus' boyfriend.

Just finished the season, and I deefinately believe it's better than season 1. I was a fan of the court episodes in 1, but 2 profited from not having not much to do with the molewomen and not having a last stretch of episodes like 1.
Titus was great just as in 1 and Kimmy's still a cutiepie, I also enjoyed Lillian more and I thought Mikey was a great addition to the cast.
Seeing Yuko from time to time really felt like a 30 rock gag, I loved that :)

Totally forgot about Jacqueline, just as in season 1 I loved her, she's fantastic and I really enjoyed her development, and her backstory is still great.

Finished the season.

So much funnier than S1 and way more moving by the end of it. Tremendous set up for S3 for all characs too.

I'm trying to think of when 30 Rock was so emotionally involving but I don't think it really went there as much or as well as this show does.

Phenomenal season.

Corpekata

Banned
The MILF exchange in episode 4 where Titus is just fed up with knowing Kimmy will have some random bullshit corny meaning for it like she always does is great.

Episode 13 and done. Got hit hard by running out of episodes to watch this time. Going to refrain from major spoilers, but I love the characters introduced this season, especially
Mikey
, and I'm happy to see I'm not alone.

I'm super pleased with
Mikey
as a character too.
From a quick character to be used in two joke slast season to a major character now.
Fantastic.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Episode 2 was such a step up from E1.

"What are you doing here?"
"Being in a stupid-face contest and coming in second."

"We ate sewer pizza."

Episode 2 was such a step up from E1.

"What are you doing here?"
"Being in a stupid-face contest and coming in second."

"We ate sewer pizza."
Ep. 2
Kimmy's face when they get back from playing Ninja Turtles was incredible.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This show, like 30 Rock before it, is packed with so many jokes in each episode that you'll probably miss most of them on your first viewing.

Ogni-XR21

As a none native speaker some stuff is lost on me on my first watch. Makes the re-watch even better. Just got done with S2 and really liked it.

Final episode stuff
kudos to Lisa Kudrow for looking her age, I found that very refreshing

I can't believe people didn't like the first episode of this season. It was a glorious starter pistol with the best ending in twenty years of TV comedy.

So, general thoughts on second season

- Dong is way more likable now he lost the Pidgin English
- The relationship between
Titus and his boyfriend is incredibly sweet and genuine for such a bizarre show
-
Tina Fey's role is sure self-indulgent but man does it work
- Really liked Lilian's whole
aggressive tirade on NY hipsters
, even if it is a little dated
- I will never date a woman as cute as the actress who plays Kimmy and I'm in the acceptance stage of that grief now

This show, like 30 Rock before it, is packed with so many jokes in each episode that you'll probably miss most of them on your first viewing.
Yup, I get like 50%, miss 40%, and don't even get the last 10%. Tina Fey shows have great rewatch value because of it, I've watched all of 30 Rock three times.

holy shit yes that choose your own adventure stuff
KuGsj.gif

and that "he claimed he made the buy the world a coke" joke

Bunny and Kitty rated TVMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom