• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump admin sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dent is one of those guys who votes to shutdown the government after saying it's a bad thing, so take his words with a grain of salt. This is significant, though.
That's common posturing to get your name on the vote. It's cynical and it sucks. But if he knew for a fact that the shutdown hinged on his vote, he would vote differently.

Wait, he's a Republican? That's kind of a big deal.

More than just a Republican. Dent is a co-chair of the Tuesday group. The Tuesday group is a loose caucus of about 50 moderate House Republicans. If Democrats could get just half of the Tuesday Group onboard, there would be enough votes to create an Independent Commission.

Oh boy if this happens

vNNl4yl.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
To be fair, many on this forum (including me) praised Maddow and the Miami Herald for a piece that used a similar way of connecting Trump with Russia through members of a board for a bank.
A similar way? There's nothing actually connecting Podesta with Russia besides a Russian joining the board of the same _American_ company that Podesta was already on. There's no indication of any deeper relationship between them than that and it certainly doesn't extend to any favors granted to Clinton. The situation is nothing like the connections found back to Russia from Trump through his friend Ross and the Cyprus Bank.

ZOONAMI

Sean Spicer said "the letter said if we dont reply by 27 we will asume we dont need your approval", which it did.

Therefore the WH narrative is that because they ignored the letter, they therefore gave permission.

But then had Nunes cancel the meeting where she was set to testify.

jstripes

Banned
If they get Steele testify you're going to see Trump go nuclear

Scene - Oval Office

An indistinct man in a suit and sunglasses walks up to President Trump. He places a small, leather attaché on the desk. He opens it up, and removes a gold-plated Samsung Galaxy S3.

President Trump, shaking with rage, grabs the phone from the man's hand, and unlocks it. Squinting with intense focus, he eyes a pale blue icon with a bird on the home screen. Hesitating for only a moment, he presses it...

Vectorman

Banned
This is also interesting.

https://twitter.com/ReutersZengerle/status/847106348525477890

Rex Tillerson has been spotted having lunch with Mark Warner (D) Vice Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Interesting and slightly disturbing. No one should be near any of those Trump folks unless they absolutely have to for meetings. Can't have the Senate be compromised as well unless Congress finally decides to do an independent investigation.

Scene - Oval Office

An indistinct man in a suit and sunglasses walks up to President Trump. He places a small, leather attaché on the desk. He opens it up, and removes a gold-plated Samsung Galaxy S3.

President Trump, shaking with rage, grabs the phone from the man's hand, and unlocks it. Squinting with intense focus, he eyes a pale blue icon with a bird on the home screen. Hesitating for only a moment, he presses it...

iPhone, baby!

Doesn't Steele have a copy of the peepee tape?

I don't think so. His dossier was more about reporting what his sources tell him is out there or going on, not what he's actually witnessed.

I wonder if we'll ever get the pee tape. IIRC, didn't Russia switch to the old style of file keeping to prevent people from hacking them. Even going back to typewriters. Putin must be nostalgic about his old KGB days.

jstripes

Banned
I don't think so. His dossier was more about reporting what his sources tell him is out there or going on, not what he's actually witnessed.

I wonder if we'll ever get the pee tape. IIRC, didn't Russia switch to the old style of file keeping to prevent people from hacking them. Even going back to typewriters. Putin must be nostalgic about his old KGB days.

We'll get the tape if Trump gets impeached and Putin says "yolo" and dumps everything they have on the GOP.

I don't think this thing would've caught fire as fast as it did if

A: Buzzfeed didn't put out the entire dossier after CNN and co kinda danced around it
B: It didn't have such a fuckin off the wall thing like the tape

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

A: Buzzfeed didn't put out the entire dossier after CNN and co kinda danced around it

It was big with the CNN article but not oh shit big. Buzzfeed dropping it was a huge what the fuck. Piss tape helped a lot.

jstripes

Banned

It's funny, how the idle rumours about a tape suddenly turned into "OH SHIT."

It was big with the CNN article but not oh shit big. Buzzfeed dropping it was a huge what the fuck. Piss tape helped a lot.

Ya CNN was basically bread crumbing it because you can't possibly verify that

Then Buzzfeed decided that they wanted to risk it all and oh look Buzzfeed is still around wow way to sue them into oblivion

It's funny, how the idle rumours about a tape suddenly turned into "OH SHIT."

The dossier being so descriptive was really jarring

Ding II

Re: Warner/Tillerson lunch
Interesting and slightly disturbing. No one should be near any of those Trump folks unless they absolutely have to for meetings. Can't have the Senate be compromised as well unless Congress finally decides to do an independent investigation.

Well, obviously Warner is wearing an FBI wire....

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

If the people of our great country could only see how viciously and inaccurately my administration is covered by certain media!

The fake media are being meanies! Sad!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
What if Tillerson wants to voluntarily resign? It doesn't sound like he likes his job tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom