• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump admin sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
He flat out admitted he didn't want it and only took it because his wife said so

Which is something you would say to hide the fact that you desperately wanted the job so you could remove sanctions and facilitate a $500 billion Russian oil deal. Once he does that, he'll ghost and go straight back to Exxon to enjoy the profits.

Brewmont

Banned

DonShula

It's funny because if you look at the dossier now it's looking pretty fucking likely

I didnt believe in the existence of the pee pee tape at first. But as the dossier gets verified one item at a time, like checking things off a shopping list, I am indeed coming around.

I'm almost ready to... BELIEVE.

rambis

Banned
Fiorina is now another R saying we need special investigators.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/29/politics/kfile-carly-fiorina-russia-investigation/index.html
"We've got to have either a special prosecutor or an independent commission, and that's still the right answer," Fiorina said on the "John Fredericks Show." "And every day that goes by, it becomes clearer it's the right answer because the Democrats will not let this go, and the American people need to be reassured about what actually happened here."

She does go on to say that no one will trust the results if it isnt done independently

Just found the "democrats wont let it go" comment very odd

I was under the impression that the interest in this issue was bi partisan

rambis

Banned
Is this some backhanded way of Fiorina saying that the investigation will uncover nothing but they are caving because the Democrats are bitching?

She's always advocated for this investigation so I wouldn't say that necessarily. Just that this clearly isn't gonna die, no matter how many times Spicy says case closed.

She does go on to say that no one will trust the results if it isnt done independently

Not at all. The Republicans are all saying that this is an issue only because the Democrats will not let it go and they continue to make it an issue.

Grym

Is this some backhanded way of Fiorina saying that the investigation will uncover nothing but they are caving because the Democrats are bitching?

That's what I read. We should have a independent commission. The Ds won't let this go and the public needs to find out (through that investigation) that there is no "there" there

jstripes

Banned

Well, given that she's a Republican, she can't appear to personally want an independent investigation, even if she actually does.

Its the perfect cover, honestly.

"Hey I totally think this is a democratic hit job, but unless there's an independent investigation to prove what conservatives already know in our hearts, democrats will always cry foul. It's time to prevent the democrats from making this investigation political so the American people can be reassured our president is honest good man."

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Can't watch the press conference in real time, so please keep me updated, boys and girls.

I got you.

Burr says senate intel has devoted 7 professional staff to Russia investigation and they're reviewing "thousands" of pieces of intelligence

https://twitter.com/H_Lev/status/847154999432036356

Burr says Senate Intel committee has requested interviews with 20 people over Trump/Russia allegations. 5 interviews confirmed so far

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/847155505470619651

Sen. Burr on Sen. Warner, Intel investigation: "Mark and I work hand in hand on this. Contrary to maybe popular belief, we're partners."

https://twitter.com/mattfleg/status/847156045092966402

Burr's Comments:

- Investigation is ongoing.
- Unprecedented amount of documents provided to the committee that only the Gang of Eight and other high level folks have seen.
- They are working through those documents.
- First hearings are scheduled. Up to 20 or more people will be interviewed. Folks who are being interviewed may be asked back in either an official capacity or if they wish to volunteer.
- Jared Kushner is the only person currently identified as being interviewed.
- Tomorrow's first public meeting is to examine Russian capabilities to influence elections globally. What they've done in the past. What they are doing today both in the US and the world and what we should expect for the future.
- Two panels setup for the morning and afternoon to look at Russian policy and technologies.
- This investigations scope will go where the intelligence leads.
- The committee will work to make sure that they separate fact from fiction. There is real bi-partisan effort to make this work.

As someone that lived most of his life in Northern VA; I'm realizing this is the first time I've heard Warner speak. Not what I was expecting for some reason.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I felt that was more a message to her colleagues that they won't be able to bury it because the Dems won't let them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom