• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump admin sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Thank you!! Any word on a timeline for this moving forward?

More incoming.

Warner says some parts of intelligence community continue to make it difficult for committee to receive documents.

https://twitter.com/BrendanBordelon/status/847156892677914624

"An outside foreign adversary effectively sought to hijack our most critical democratic process: the election of a POTUS," Sen. Warner says.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/847157312242507777

Sen. Richard Burr, chair of the Senate intel comm.. refuses to take questions regarding @DevinNunes and his imploding investigation.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/847157470246191105

Mark Warner's comments:

- Russian interfered in our elections to favor one candidate.
- Russia's goal is a weaker America. He assures the American people they will get to the bottom of this.
- Some of the techniques used in this election would "send a chill down the spine of anyone who believes in democracy"
- The investigation will likely not happen "as quickly as I would like" but they need to "get it right"
- Mark is very proud that the committee on both sides of the aisle has shown a level of commitment to the process.
- Staffs reviewing thousands of pages of documents and starting to talk to the analysst who put together the initial Russian election interference report that came from the IC to see what was "left on the cutting room floor"
- The IC has been very cooperative. On some of the documents, they still have a challenge to get to the bottom of it by the IC.
- The only person announced to be interviewed is Jared Kushner and it will be scheduled when they have "all of the facts"
- More interviews will be scheduled in a "timely fashion" when they have the right questions to ask.
- Tomorrow's hearing will be interesting in terms of the technology used by the Russians to put out false information for those that use Twitter/Facebook, etc.

Interesting. I wonder if the IC legit does not trust congress, or if it's one of those things like the crazy Trump conspiracy theorists working out of the FBI just obstructing because they're assholes.

Rubio is on the Senate committee, for example. Do you think Comey and his counterparts Trust Rubio to not run back to Daddy Trump on what they are finding?

Warner and Burr seem to have a much much better relationship to handle this whole thing. Gives me some confidence in their work.

So what is our take so far?

Was Trump IN on the scam or was he scammed/duped/used

Based on his history I feel like he made some bad deals with some devils in order to stick it to Obama

Based on his history I feel like he made some bad deals with some devils in order to stick it to Obama

My personal take? Trump has been up to his neck in dirty Russian money, knowingly, for decades, and also knew that his team was working with Russians (that were agents of the state) to help him win.

He was definitely in on it. There are way too many moving parts to have just so happened to work independently of him.

Trump a.) didn't think he'd win and b.) is an idiot and has never had to deal with actual consequences in his entire life so he thought he could get away with collaborating with the Russians.

jiiikoo

Banned
Guess I misheard. Right after he said "And for the first part of your question", it almost sounded like he said he has seen. But it probably was "Had not seen".

He was definitely in on it. There are way too many moving parts to have just so happened to work independently of him.

Trump a.) didn't think he'd win and b.) is an idiot and has never had to deal with actual consequences in his entire life so he thought he could get away with collaborating with the Russians.

And Putin said very nice things about him!!!! He's not allowed to talk and work with friends now????

Personally, I do think he was in on it, but I honestly don't think that he thinks he did anything wrong. I don't think he comprehends that it's treason or that he's a criminal for it.

Kind of reminds me after Deflategate happened and a bunch of Patriots fans started saying, "It's not cheating, they were just trying to get an advantage." Yeah, that's called cheating.

Only in this case, it's treason.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Thanks for all the updates guys. Man this is all sounding pretty reassuring so far. Looks like they're digging deep.

UCBooties

It just never stops. Is there anyone left who still believes there is no "there" there when it comes to Trump and Russia?

There are millions of people who think that these stories are just being ginned up by the media and democrats to bring down poo President Trump, who is just maligned and treated unfairly at every turn because he's an "outsider" and a "threat to the system."

Millions of them.

And Putin said very nice things about him!!!! He's not allowed to talk and work with friends now????

Personally, I do think he was in on it, but I honestly don't think that he thinks he did anything wrong. I don't think he comprehends that it's treason or that he's a criminal for it.

Kind of reminds me after Deflategate happened and a bunch of Patriots fans started saying, "It's not cheating, they were just trying to get an advantage." Yeah, that's called cheating.

Only in this case, it's treason.

He's just playing the game

Based on the conspriracy theories he subscribes to he probably figures everyone in politics is connected to someone with criminal ties and powerful friends

You are probably right. Doesn't actually think he did anything wrong

I think Trump got sold hard on the 'if you lose, the Dems won't push for prosecution because precedent and optics, if you win, you're President, and 'it's not a crime if the President does it''

Also he's the type that thinks because his shit is so shady, everyone else's shit is just as shady.

I felt that was more a message to her colleagues that they won't be able to bury it because the Dems won't let them.

I guess that's how I read it as well. I don't think any Republican is confident that an independent investigation won't turn up some ugly shit so they wouldn't even suggest it unless they feel it's the right thing to do or they have a bone to pick with the administration or they are in a competitive district that forces them to do the right thing. Wouldn't it be something if all districts were competitive?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Warner: reports of 1000 paid trolls working out of Russia to influence US election in swing states w/ fake news. The comm. will investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom