• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

I love the Greed Island arc. It really nails the whole adventure aspect of the anime that I love, and Gon V.S. Genthru is one of my favourite fights in the entire show, just for how well-directed and satisfying it is.

That and I can't say I've ever seen a more intense dodgeball match in an anime after that arc.

YES

my thoughts exactly

Sterok

Aikatsu 176

The most nerve-wrecking anime of the day. Will the rightful queen take her throne, or will the young hopeful take the crown. Hinaki's Hello Hello is good, so I'm fine with her beating Juri. But the real two competitors come from the final two entrants.
Bow down to your Queen Hikami Sumire-FUCK! Fuck fuck fuck. I knew she was going to screw this up. They had to have all that build up on her part and the appeal risk just to tear her down. Damn it. Looks like Akari will be walking to her crown. No tension left.

Exalted

Grimgar 11

Quite an action packed episode, and some really nice backgrounds.
While he had some nice scenes, i still hate Ranta, and don't care if he doesn't make it.

3ZzL9GM.png

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Episode 11 Between Life and Death

Mary's scene could have been better if it had some vocal soundtrack to go with it. Meanwhile later on they did play a really cool one but why did it have to be for the drama and suspense :(
if Ranta dies or comes back to haunt them this will be the worst written fantasy trapped world story since Log Horizon. I pray he holds out even if he's pinned down just as Haruhiro comes in to save him right when it seems all hope is lost. That would be epic

Grimgar 11

Tension lost when the episode preview shows Moguzo carrying the boss's sword and everyone alive. Unless Haru dies, but it's probably a shot from his POV. Well, still interested in seeing how the Ranta solo fight goes.

Schwarzes Marken Episode 11

Fight at the start was really good, night scene, explosions, cool epic music playing, too bad I couldnt tell good mech from bad mech apart. The last few minutes were good too because of the music too.

As usual in the Muv Luv Alternative world, cant trust no other human.

Exalted

Grimgar 11

Tension lost when the episode preview shows Moguzo carrying the boss's sword and everyone alive. Unless Haru dies, but it's probably a shot from his POV. Well, still interested in seeing how the Ranta solo fight goes.

Well then, guess Ranta gets to live another day...
I usualy don't watch previews , since i don't want to be spoiled ( to late now) , but why do studious do that? Intentionally or accidentally?

Well then, guess Ranta gets to live another day...
I usualy don't watch previews , since i don't want to be spoiled ( to late now) , but why do studious do that? Intentionally or accidentally?

Because it's adaption and if you watch it via TV, one of CM is advertising LN vol.3 which everyone still there, so for Japan the preview is not really a spoiler lol.

g tekketsu 24

well, i guess you know the end is near for a gundam series when half the cast bites it one episode

I'm surprised you're put off by Gon being sidelined as I thought it was rather inspired to do that rather than force him into a situation where he's entirely overmatched. Kurapika's the MC of Yorkshin and letting him be that rather than a supporting cast member who addresses his character arc rather than having the series MC do it for him felt really refreshing. I'm not sure how far in you are but I recall it being a somewhat slow start that really, really, really gets going once Chrollo and Kurapika begin taking action.

The strength of HxH is that the four main characters get equal time to shine throughout. Yes, Gon and Killua get a lot more then the other two but that is only because the series keeps pausing. Even Gon who is the de facto main character is completely out of some arcs and likely won't even be in the Dark Continent Arc.

pbayne

So good ld classic American anime coming thus summer:

(NSFW language)
https://youtu.be/c7fP9q_LyDc

Hilarious. ..

Lol i can't stop laughing at this. Its certainly original ill give it that.

Komugi 11

Funny that the girls can't notice each other but it takes them 2 seconds to see through Lilia's disguise. Lilia's great and her ORAORAORAORA put her over the top. My God the CG is incredible, guys at Tatsunoko you're really good at it so use it more.

Surely it goes against some common sense to try to include an antagonist now. So cmon give us another season.

Gundam IBO 24

That creeping death toll. Only one bad event away from getting Big Boss/Punished Orga at this point.

Cornbread78

Utawarerumono ep.24
Damn, now that was a battle. Haku should have had his harem
use the chains earlier
to limit the carnage. Problem is now, how are they
going to get out to sea?
The other generals are on their way to clean up the mess
Sucks that this show ends next week and from what Basil said, they haven't even made the third game yet, so we get nothing in the end. It's a shame we aren't going to get the ship we deserve here either.

Is it just me, or does that gif make the dog look like it has two tongues at one point?

Great now that you've pointed that out I'll never be able to sleep again <shudder>

Hayate the Combat Butler Seasons 1 & 2

I love this show, pure Looney Tunes logic but a lot of fun. For a show based a round a kidnapping attempt gone wrong and the subsequent romantic misunderstanding between a 17 year old boy (Hayate the titular combat butler) and a 13 year old girl (Nagi Sanezin) to not be gross is fantastic. That it further manages to have way less fan service than most shows I've watched in the past few months is just the cherry on top (ignoring the 'Butler Theatre' post credit skits, I skipped most but saw a few fan service portraits in there).

Watching the 'Cuties' spin off now, it's several years later but 2-3 episodes in they don't seem to have contracted any of the bad habits of latter day shows tso far (the Looney Tunes feel seems to have weakened though :( )

Cornbread78

Dimension W ep.11
Well damn, we know what happened now, although it's still a little confusing how it all went down, but Seamayer really is a piece of shit crazy man. Next week should be a pretty damn good conclusion.

Qurupeke

RahXephon 13-15

15 was such an interesting episode and very different to anything so far. That pet rock was weird. The story is still confusing though, I have no idea where they'll go with Mishima or the Mu... Or anything. At least, a second mecha appeared that's cooler than RahXephon.

phaze

Arakawa Under the Bridge 02

I wish masses in my church were as entertaining and economical as the ones here ...

How long exactly are manga's chapters ? 2 pages ? They've already gone through 17 of them ...

Dragon Ball Super 35

Kinda disappointed Vegeta challenged Frost to a fight just to punch him once. Lame. I guess they did that so that Hit could show off later but it could've been done better.

Robo is a bit goofy but I like him. His weird exterior and fighting style being underestimated is some classic DB stuff

jonjonaug

they all have the same faaaaaaace

Shirobako designs creep me out, not in a "ew, moe" way but in a "this is actually sort of unsettling to look at" kind of way. All of the male characters have great, varied designs, while all the female characters look like they're from a different species and all have the same face.

It's why I've never been able to watch it, despite the concept sounding pretty OK. If it looked like this I'd watch the hell out of it.

Cornbread78

Grimgar ep.11
Pretty damn good episode watching this party battle it out with
Mary's undead party members.
they showed great teamwork and Ranta wasn't a dink at all. That ending though, this is a tough one. How are they going to
save Ranta with all those guys surrounding him?
Next week should keep up the intensity as the team goes
back to save Range a from certain dearh.

Jarmel

Banned
Mr. Robot is just like my Chinese cartoons.

-Monologues
-Harem
-Man with social anxiety is the protoganist
-Fujobait
-Childhood friends

Is Shaft funding the show?
Oh let me add some more.

-4th Wall Breaking
-Incest

All I needed was for Elliott to be in high school.

Thoraxes

Arakawa Under the Bridge 02

I wish masses in my church were as entertaining and economical as the ones here ...

How long exactly are manga's chapters ? 2 pages ? They've already gone through 17 of them ...

IDK about the manga, but there's two seasons of Arakawa, so yeah.

Qurupeke

Digimon Adventure Movie 1

Well, I'd hardly call it a movie, it's more of a pilot episode. It was so cute though and really nice looking animation. And I just love how this (and the second movie) look. Also, it's interesting that the tone of the movies, especially this one, is very different than Adventure 01.

pbayne

Jeez could you imagine if Digimon had kept that style and tone for an entire series, Like the Digimon are so visceral and genuinely frightening like Kaiju monsters.

Also I remember during the series they flashback to that scene from the movie but don't use the same footage. Is it that a limitation thing or is there any reason not to use the movie footage?

Jeez could you imagine if Digimon had kept that style and tone for an entire series, Like the Digimon are so visceral and genuinely frightening like Kaiju monsters.

Also I remember during the series they flashback to that scene from the movie but don't use the same footage. Is it that a limitation thing or is there any reason not to use the movie footage?

Uh, did the movie even exist at that point?

And the production values of the average Digimon episode was way too low to allow for the visuals we got in the one Hosoda episode and especially not movie quality. I mean the art style was never bad to begin with, so without the actual higher animation quality it may not have differed much.

jonjonaug

Schwarzesmarken 11 - That was a late Zeta Gundam style impactful kill 'em all that I haven't seen in years (
they killed my favorite character ;_;
). The jump in quality that this series has undergone since the first few episodes is staggering to behold. There's still a fair amount of trouble with the production (some characters are obviously simplified, plot is obviously a little condensed), but it makes me want to actually check out the source material it's being adapated from, and it's still a good show on its own.

pbayne

Uh, did the movie even exist at that point?

And the production values of the average Digimon episode was way too low to allow for the visuals we got in the one Hosoda episode and especially not movie quality. I mean the art style was never bad to begin with, so without the actual higher animation quality it may not have differed much.

Yeah the movie was essentially a prequel and it aired the day before the series started in Japan.(I know the West had the weird compilation movie that came a bit later)

So i just wondered why Toei can't cut 30 seconds or so of footage from the movie and splice it in for that one flashback. Though I guess it would contrast pretty badly with the rest of the show's animation.

BluWacky

Are there any more anime production shows out there? I really enjoyed Shirobako and Sore Ga Seiyuu, I NEED MORE.

Animation Runner Kuromi springs to mind (although it is a parody).

With my most innocent face, I would also recommend episode 10 of Paranoia Agent. It's genuinely excellent, and genuinely about anime production, but it's a bit... odd.

Mailbox

So I watched the CM again...
The Ace Attorney anime is gonna be shit tier isn't it? :(

Love&#9829;Love? (9 seconds in)

Dear god, its already horrible.
oh god..
this is going to be wonderful :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom