• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

angelfly

The game is just as good as 999. Only about 4 hours in but so far I haven't been disappointed at all. Good to see this is coming over with dual audio/language support. I wish more games would do that. If I do end up getting a Vita I'll definitely double dip.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I'm guessing they aren't going to have English VA's and just use subtitles like Aksys did with Hakuoki.

Anyone know what differences there are between the 3DS and Vita besides image quality?

If you check out the PR, it mentions the game will have the option of both English voices and Japanese voices :)

So best of both worlds for all to enjoy! :D

LiK

I'm guessing they aren't going to have English VA's and just use subtitles like Aksys did with Hakuoki.

Anyone know what differences there are between the 3DS and Vita besides image quality?

you didn't read OP! *watch explodes*

giggas

Hype levels through the roof. Would probably get on Vita if I owned one, but 3DS all the way for me.

So glad to see this coming. Also, now that 999 is known as a Zero Escape game, does that mean there will be a reprinting of it for that name on there? Just curious.

kaizenmx

Banned
Good.

Please tell me we get to finally find out the identity of Zero.

Because last game was a fucking retarded for not revealing it.

But I've always assumed it was
the girl

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Good.

the girl

Umm, but you do find out Zero's identity in 999 in
the true ending ;)

vitacola

Good.

the girl

Did you really play 999 or just got one ending and put it back into your shelf?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Hype levels through the roof. Would probably get on Vita if I owned one, but 3DS all the way for me.

So glad to see this coming. Also, now that 999 is known as a Zero Escape game, does that mean there will be a reprinting of it for that name on there? Just curious.

We can't comment on that at this time ;)

Also, if anyone wants to talk about 999, please make sure to spoiler tag your posts so that people who have yet to play it aren't spoiled :)

I don't have this yet but I'm pretty sure this will be the GoTY to end all GoTY.

Hyperbole aside, I really hope that giving the series a name implies more coming down the pipeline. A man can dream, can't he?

kaizenmx

Banned
The convoluted
time travel/another dimension
didn't help me understand the plot.

edit: sry for not marking spoiler

Omikaru

A big thanks to Aksys for a Vita retail version. Us importers would be lost without you. :)

Now I just have to wait for it to appear on VG+...

The convoluted time travel/another dimension didn't help me understand the plot.

you missed too many lines then ..they spent too many moments préparing for that mecanic to call it convulted..
i suggest you to replay the true end and pay attention because things are properly explained

EDIT: spoilers because it is one

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Both versions will feature dual-audio?

Yup, that is correct :)

Any word on when Amazon will get the game listed so we can pre-order?

Hopefully as early as tomorrow~

I'll be sure to post here when links are available ;)

Akselziys - Do you know if this will make its way to Europe? If you don’t know anything yet what do you personally think the chances are?

If I did or did not know, unfortunately I couldn't say either way >.<

The only way you could miss who Zero was in 999 is if you didn't read the last 20 minutes of the true end. They just tell you outright and there isn't really any room for debate.

As for Virtue's Last Reward? Well... 20 hours in and I still have no goddamn clue.

I got a bad end last night that was lol-worthy.

As for whether playing this without 999 would be detrimental to the experience; you should play 999. It's not... necessary, I guess. But you'll be losing out on a lot. You'll still enjoy the game but you'll be missing a few other layers of awesome.

LiK

The only way you could miss who Zero was in 999 is if you didn't read the last 20 minutes of the true end. They just tell you outright and there isn't really any room for debate.

As for Virtue's Last Reward? Well... 20 hours in and I still have no goddamn clue.

QUIET YOU!

Boney

Banned
Wonder what they mean by "endings"

I don't think I'll have the heart to get 24 regular endings that's for sure.

As for whether playing this without 999 would be detrimental to the experience; you should play 999. It's not... necessary, I guess. But you'll be losing out on a lot. You'll still enjoy the game but you'll be missing a few other layers of awesome.

"Lol-worthy" in a good way or bad way?

Lol-worthy in an lol sort of way.

Any more explaining would be spoilers.

Also, there are points in the different routes where you cannot proceed unless you've progressed in another route.

I've been playing 20 hours, just naturally following the flow and trying to unlock previous routes that cut out on me because I didn't have enough info or the right clue.

The game is designed in such a way that you'll be moving to different routes rather than just sticking to one the whole time. For those of you nervous that it breaks the flow? Don't worry. It doesn't
The route hopping is tied into the story

Top Bottom