• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

Thoraxes

I noticed. I think it shows what they would look like in comparison to just the actual sizes of the picture. It basically shows the resolution advantage on the Vita. Of course, the game will look better on both screens respectively but it's a good indicator none the less.

Yes, but, I highly doubt the 3DS one will be covered with vaseline. Also... I would think showing the actual resolutions would show the comparison better. Here's the last one scaled down properly. http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=full13dsp4kujigbv6.jpg

I'm so freaking hyped for this game, it's not even funny. I'll probably buy both the Vita and 3DS versions! (I may even buy another copy of 999 if it does get a reprint with the Zero Escape moniker, just because I'm crazy!)

And I'm really glad that we'll be getting dual audio, I'm interested in hearing the English voices.

I would of preferred that the game keep the Good People Die title, but Virtue's Last Reward is pretty cool too. The fact that Aksys is reclassifying both games in the series under the Zero Escape brand is a great idea though, I want this brand to keep growing. (And with the news of potentially more Zero Escape games, it looks like it's going to.)

To think that 999 was just a cult game in Japan that Aksys took a chance on, and now all this is happening. It's wondrous. :D

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I love the rebranding! That's a great name! Maybe you should reissue the original 999 with the new name so I can buy it again! :D

Also, who's hype about dual audio ;D? *evil Zero laugh*

I'm mega hyped about that! ^_^ Props my good man!

Buying both version, whether I have a Vita or not!

Thoraxes

I've updated the post. Looks more accurate and reflects the resolution difference as profoundly but doesn't make the 3DS look as bad. Thanks.

I'm just a graphics whore who just likes accuracy is all :/ So thank you!

To me it's like those people who post Dolphin/PCSX2 shots of Wii/PS2 games internally rendering at 480p and then stretch them to 1080p calling them examples the system's visual output.

LiK

when i get both versions i will play them side by side and choose different routes and see what happens. BAWAHAHAHA

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Honestly most curious about
(MEGA 999 SPOILERS, not VLR spoilers)

Whether or not Zero is still June.

That's something I'm dying to know.

After downloading the VLR demo from PSN, I'm convinced. I have to get the Vita version of this game. GOD DAMN.

matmanx1

Awesome and amazing news. Thank you, Aksys! And thank you once again for both versions and for dual audio support. You guys are doing everything right with this one and I take off my gamer hat to you guys. I can't wait!!!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm so happy that both 3DS and Vita owners will get to experience this! :D I think I'll still get the 3DS version even if I have a Vita because I enjoy these type of games in a dual screen format, but... YAY!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wish I would have kept my copy of 999 so I could remember what everyone's talking about. I have the worst memory with video game stories.

Solune

Reprint? - Take my money again!

Dual Audio? - Announced before hand - godlike.

Aksys is awesome? - So awesome.

-Aksys Faithful

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Can't believe I missed this today!! So awesome, but now I have a bit of a choice to make. I want the better audio, graphics... But then again I really digged 999's dual screen format, and 3D is nice.... I really hope they have demos for both verisons, it would help. :)

Did the Japanese verison have any noteworthy streetpass features?

Honestly most curious about
(MEGA 999 SPOILERS, not VLR spoilers)

Whether or not Zero is still June.

=) =( =| =0 >=O

The Vita version at least has no street pass stuff.

Also, for a game with this much reading and listening, I definitely prefer the larger screen.

Lain

Go, Rising Star, go!
Still no answer to the email I sent them ...

I wouldn't want Rising Star to touch this game, personally, not after buying their release of Valhalla Knights and finding out they removed the ability to start as a female character.

Jintor

o_o

There's nothing like that in the Vita version. No clue about the 3DS one but considering this is a single player focused game, I can't imagine there being any features like that.

I'll be honest with you: if the entire extent of the streetpass stuff was "Someone in your immediate vicinity once played Zero Escape!" that would more than satisfy me

Alternatively, the streetpass stuff is actually a locked ARG metagame nonary game.

I'll be honest with you: if the entire extent of the streetpass stuff was "Someone in your immediate vicinity once played Zero Escape!" that would more than satisfy me

Alternatively, the streetpass stuff is actually a locked ARG metagame nonary game.

Well in terms of Near on the Vita, it'll tell you that someone in the vicinity is playing it, just like everything else.

x3r0123

what???????????? fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aksys, I love you!!!!! buying 3 copies regardless!!
any word on limited editions? :p

edit: what are the differences between the 3ds and vita version? Other than graphics

kiryogi

Banned
Just got back from vacation. Great news to hear about the US title + DUAL AUDIO

Fuck yeah Aksys! Unlike some other companies . . .

I should also note that 999 is
referenced quite a few times in-game, and while VLR does a good job of explaining stuff that's relevant, you're much better off if you experienced the events first hand

Roto13

I'm still going to call it "Good People Die." :p And wtf, I'm still going to call the prequel "999." Too late to change it now, bitches.

Zero Escape: Good People Die would have been optimal.

Jintor

I'm still going to call it "Good People Die." :p And wtf, I'm still going to call the prequel "999." Too late to change it now, bitches.

Zero Escape: Good People Die would have been optimal.

So true.

Zero Escape: 999, Zero Escape: Good People Die. Godly.

Hey, I wonder if this means another 999 print run...

GSR

I should also note that 999 is
referenced quite a few times in-game, and while VLR does a good job of explaining stuff that's relevant, you're much better off if you experienced the events first hand

Glad to hear it, and I'll be interested in seeing just how that plays out.

Playing though 999 for the first time actually and this game is fantastic can't wait to pick up the sequel for the 3DS when it comes out!

Diebuster

!! I completely missed that this is dual-audio.

I'm actually interested in hearing how the English voices turn out but I love you Aksys for giving us the option.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that in VLR, you're hopping between different routes all the time. Don't worry about that messing up the pacing;
It's part of the story and premise of the game

In order to make progress in one route, you'll have to make progress in another first so that you can pick up the necessary info, etc.

0_0
Is this because of
time loops
? If so, this is exactly what I was hoping for from this game. This seems like such a critical element, and yet I hadn't read anything about it until now. Exciting!

Top Bottom