• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

Thoraxes

But
June ends up dying
in one of the ending. Does that mean
Zero is also vulnerable just like anyone else?

Have you read The Answers?

If you've never gotten into some good discussion with people to learn more about/discuss the game, these in general are awesome and will further your understanding and appreciation.

StuBurns

Banned
I'll be importing if Europe don't have a date by the time it's out, I'm assuming it doesn't make it here at all.

Terrible title though.

GSR

I want a release with a replica watch. :)

Yeah, I'm hoping for a cool pre-order bonus as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm putting in an Amazon order the minute I can, but if Aksys winds up with swag on their site, I'm there.

OMG how did I miss that this will have English and Japanese voice acting!?!

HKUSHSHGISHGISUHGRHFJALJKJFKLERKGNRJGJKHUKLHGRHIUEIWHENUIR

I need my meds!

Thoraxes

OMG how did I miss that this will have English and Japanese voice acting!?!

HKUSHSHGISHGISUHGRHFJALJKJFKLERKGNRJGJKHUKLHGRHIUEIWHENUIR

I need my meds!

You missed my explosion on the front page.

The Chiaki Omigawa love will flow from all orifices of the Earth! Duckroll will have to go into hiding.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lol-worthy in an lol sort of way.

Any more explaining would be spoilers.

Also, there are points in the different routes where you cannot proceed unless you've progressed in another route.

I've been playing 20 hours, just naturally following the flow and trying to unlock previous routes that cut out on me because I didn't have enough info or the right clue.

The game is designed in such a way that you'll be moving to different routes rather than just sticking to one the whole time. For those of you nervous that it breaks the flow? Don't worry. It doesn't
The route hopping is tied into the story

Just wondering, how are you finding the game so far and how does it compare to 999?

WTF is the difference between 3D and Vita version?

One version can do 3D, while the other one is a region-free?

See post 45.

3DS
b00030d6-s.jpg

VITA
258fa017-s.jpg

IMO great game but the ending was a bit of a clusterfuck. Still I am excited for the sequel.

I assume that "Zero" is just a character that different people can be (kind of like how different people were Ghostface in the Scream movies).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I would do an avatar bet with you, but I know you'd get it faster than I would anyway, lol.

I wouldn't mind though. I'm definitely game. :D

Boney

Banned
Both of those screenshots are not native resolution screenshots on either system. The Vita image is shrunk from native resolution, and the 3DS one is upscaled from native resolution.

3ds version hurts my eyes

must be because it's in 3d

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wouldn't mind though. I'm definitely game. :D
But I don't want to lose Tir. D:

Nah, it's because I might have to wait a week before I can get the game (unless I purchase the PSN version, but I like having boxed copies of things), so you'll likely finish before I could, lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
YES PLEASE!

Those screenshots in the article look really good (Vita version FTW!)

fulltikta.jpg

Both of those screenshots are not native resolution screenshots on either system. The Vita image is shrunk from native resolution, and the 3DS one is upscaled from native resolution.
That's a given. The game definitely looks like it's at Vita's native resolution. Not sure about the 3DS but it's obviously lower res.

The pictures have been compromised. There is no way that graphic capability gap between these two handhelds is that large.
It is really. Mainly due to the Vita's resolution advantage. That's not counting how amazing those colors look on the OLED. Sort of reminds me of the horrible compression that FF13 has on 360 while the PS3 has HD video for the cut scenes.

Thoraxes

That's a given. The game definitely looks like it's at Vita's native resolution. Not sure about the 3DS but it's obviously lower res.

It is really. Mainly due to the Vita's resolution advantage. That's not counting how amazing those colors look on the OLED. Sort of reminds me of the horrible compression that FF13 has on 360 while the PS3 has HD video for the cut scenes.

That's better. I wanted to see some native res screens and not some 600 x 340 crap. Though the picture borders have a lack of aliasing, the characters themselves look nice. I know the Vita version more than likely is, it's just that the first screen posted here was definitely not.

Also, I think the 3DS version will look better playing it on the actual system or got some direct-feed screens. I'm sure the same can be said for the Vita version as well.

ULTROS!

But I don't want to lose Tir. D:

Nah, it's because I might have to wait a week before I can get the game (unless I purchase the PSN version, but I like having boxed copies of things), so you'll likely finish before I could, lol.

We'll just make it 2 weeks. :D I lost my avatar 2x for a month. :p

I've posted shots of my Vita version all over the place. The difference is pretty damn obvious, I think.

As for the game itself? It's different from 999 in many ways, especially concerning game flow and the pace at which you're receiving information.

Mild gameplay spoilers for stuff Famitsu and other news joints have already reported on.

For example in VLR,
You learn about Radical 6 really early on, painting the whole game in a different light vs the Ship stuff in 999

A lot of this has to do with the fact that in VLR, you're hopping between different routes all the time. Don't worry about that messing up the pacing; It's part of the story and premise of the game.

In order to make progress in one route, you'll have to make progress in another first so that you can pick up the necessary info, etc.

kaizenmx

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes in Fall.

LiquidMetal14

That's better. I wanted to see some native res screens and not some 600 x 340 crap. Though the picture borders have a lack of aliasing, the characters themselves look nice. I know the Vita version more than likely is, it's just that the first screen posted here was definitely not.

Also, I think the 3DS version will look better playing it on the actual system or got some direct-feed screens. I'm sure the same can be said for the Vita version as well.

2 more. There definitely seems to be some MSAA in the Vita version.

Spoilery for those wanting to go in cold turkey :)

http://www.abload.de/img/extreme-escape-adventanke4.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/extreme-escape-adventvbjcj.jpg

And 1 comparison - 3DS top, Vita bottom

full13dsp4kujigbv6.jpg
full1comparevita4akjs.jpg

I do think both versions will be nearly identical outside of some cosmetic things to cater to each system and the resolution on the Vita. Counting the OLED advantage isn't really fair but that screen is a selling point to a certain degree.

LiquidMetal14

Yo Liquid, you should probably post some less spoiler-ish shots for folks here. Granted, those are already available at multiple places.

The only reason I posted them :p

LOL, the pictures spoiled the entire cast of second game.

Those have been in the several previews. I can't read much of it but I am merely judging the technical merits of the IQ really. I'm pretty excited this is coming over.

Thoraxes

2 more. There definitely seems to be some MSAA in the Vita version.

I do think both versions will be nearly identical outside of some cosmetic things to cater to each system and the resolution on the Vita. Counting the OLED advantage isn't really fair but that screen is a selling point to a certain degree.
Yes, but the aliasing is still there on some of the hud elements.

Also, yet again, those images from that same blog have the images blown up past their native resolutions on both systems yet again, with the 3DS one almost 3x the native resolution that it'd appear as on the actual system, and the Vita one slightly higher.

LiquidMetal14

Yes, but the aliasing is still there on some of the hud elements.

Also, yet again, those images from that same blog have the images blown up past their native resolutions on both systems yet again, with the 3DS one almost 3x the native resolution that it'd appear as on the actual system.

I noticed. I think it shows what they would look like in comparison to just the actual sizes of the picture. It basically shows the resolution advantage on the Vita. Of course, the game will look better on both screens respectively but it's a good indicator none the less.

Could at least just link the images rather than put them into the post, I'd like to avoid most possible spoilers.

Is the bottom comparison ok or is that one too spoilery too?

I linked the other two but let me know.

mclem

Played through 999 about a month ago. Looking forward to the sequel... but add me to the list of people clamouring for an EU release. I'll pick up a Vita sometime, but probably not this year, so for the short term the 3DS is the only option!

Top Bottom