• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

No English voice acting eh? All well.....importing the Vita version confirmed. It's no big deal for me really....

At least I get to play it earlier too! Does anyone know were to buy it from for cheap that ships to Australia?

play-asia has worldwide free shipping, but the price for the game is a bit higher (45$ instead of 40$)

play-asia has worldwide free shipping, but the price for the game is a bit higher (45$ instead of 40$)

Thank you very much. Play-Asia it is then. Do you know if they are fast with the shipping? I need the game ASAP!

Also, anyone know if the Aksys store ships to Australia? I think I want the original with the new cover (it's cheap).

And lastly, can someone please reconfirm that amazon wouldn’t ship the watches to Australia? I'm still depressed.

Thank you very much. Play-Asia it is then. Do you know if they are fast with the shipping? I need the game ASAP!

Play asia are great with shipping. Their cheap shipping usually takes about a week to get to me but they have UPS and fed ex as well to use which takes around 2 days to get to australia from my experiences.

Play asia are great with shipping. Their cheap shipping usually takes about a week to get to me but they have UPS and fed ex as well to use which takes around 2 days to get to australia from my experiences.

Excellent!

Also, anyone know if the Aksys store ships to Australia? I think I want the original with the new cover (it's cheap).

And lastly, can someone please reconfirm that amazon wouldn’t ship the watches to Australia? I'm still depressed.

Anyone?!

play-asia has worldwide free shipping

What, seriously? I don't recall that option. *checks*

Huh, it's true. I'll keep that in mind for when I order this. Although it has no tracking so chances are I'll pick Fedex anyways. Can anyone explain to me why EMS is the most expensive when it doesn't seem to be the best one though?

I'm pretty sure you can check yourself if it can or not. If you can't then
A2yiFzXCcAAxGoe.png:large

MBison

Ok I skimmed this thread and still can't figure it out. I was going to order the vita version from US Amazon... Am I missing out on something? I want English voice acting. Why is everyone saying import Vita required?

Volcynika

Ok I skimmed this thread and still can't figure it out. I was going to order the vita version from US Amazon... Am I missing out on something? I want English voice acting. Why is everyone saying import Vita required?

English VA is only on the US version. Some Europeans wanted English VA so they're importing.

Torraz

Free play-asia shipping takes around 7-8 days (weekdays, not working days) to the Netherlands.

SMH at the prices for the watches on eBay already.

I’m tempted! : (
If funds weren't an issue at the moment I'd just click the Buy It Now option, my 999 watch cost about the same and that took a lot of negotiating to obtain.

It's still ridiculous that I can't just give Aksys £50 and buy a watch from their online store, particularly when so many people are prepared to pay scalpers £100 for it.

Lusankya

It's still ridiculous that I can't just give Aksys £50 and buy a watch from their online store, particularly when so many people are prepared to pay scalpers £100 for it.

People are willing to pay such large sums (for a thing that's actually not worth much) because it is rare. So if you could just buy it from their online store, it would lose its value. And this on the other hand means people wouldn't preorder the games like mad anymore.
Also Amazon.com paid money to get the exclusive rights to offer these preorder watches.

With the news that the european version only has japanese voice acting I'm going to buy a U.S 3DS console. I'm in Australia. What would be the cheapest place to buy from? Also I would need to buy a power adaptor as well correct?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Now for some good news from RSG, there will be a Vita and a 3DS demo "in the near future".
https://twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/253791284395917313

And there was advertising for VLR during the most recent EU Nintendo Direct, so let's hope more people know about this game now. They also mentionend 999, so maybe we'll get this as an eShop title in the future.

Can't wait for the demo, plus: really happy about the firm confirmation about 3DS version coming in November here in Europe!

Yeah, Nintendo EU publicly addressing to importers is weird, especially after region locking the 3DS.

When I heard Shibata talking about it it almost looked like 999 was going to be released in EU soon.

This might be a common question but I never played 999, would it be okay to jump into this? Also what's the preferred platform, I have both handhelds.

This might be a common question but I never played 999, would it be okay to jump into this? Also what's the preferred platform, I have both handhelds.

You don't have to per se, but you'll be missing out on a lot, and if you played 999 first, VLR will have that much more impact on you from the get go :)

Also, playing VLR first will spoil a lot from 999.

So in summary, you should play 999 first if you can :)
^^^^^^

My Suggestion is, since 999 is on DS, going to the 3DS version will feel familiar. The Vita's OLED screen makes the graphics smoother, but the 3DS has two screens and a stylus.

You CAN, but it's supposedly very recommended you play 999 first. As for preferred platform, it pretty much depends on if you prefer 3D+ dual screen + stylus or Vita's screen and higher resolution.

StuBurns

Banned
Amazon.co.uk preorder price has been reduced to £22.50.

This is tough, because I was set on importing, but this is roughly half the price of the import, and I'm not sure what value I place on the English voice acting.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

This is tough, because I was set on importing, but this is roughly half the price of the import, and I'm not sure what value I place on the English voice acting.

Yep - seems they've matched Tesco Entertainment's pricing.

Torraz

Well, since I was going to play with the JP dub in any case, I think I will hold off on the import then, and go with the EU version.

Belisarius

Neo Member

Thoraxes recorded a video of the novel part (the part with the voice acting) from the demo, if you want to get an idea of what the English voices sound like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8bedbUHFfA

Q: Since Rising Star licensed the game directly from the Japanese developers, what are the odds that they're translating it themselves instead of licensing the Arksys translation?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Q: Since Rising Star licensed the game directly from the Japanese developers, what are the odds that they're translating it themselves instead of licensing the Arksys translation?

They're using our localization ;)

Also, we're not combined with Arc System Works, we're an independent company, so you can just call us "Aksys" :D

Stage On

They're using our localization ;)

Also, we're not combined with Arc System Works, we're an independent company, so you can just call us "Aksys" :D

Is your store going to have shipping to Canada anytime soon?

I want to get a copy of 999 but can't find it anywhere.

Stage On

Amazon.com is pretty much totally useless to a Canadian.

Gamestop is out of stock

Futureshop and Best buy don't stock your games :( Very annoying since they have lots of $10 off coupons right now that I'd love to use towards Virtues last reward.

Stage On

Amazon.ca does not have it. It's from Third parties in the Amazon Market place

If it was Amazon directly it would be one thing, but The Amazon Market Place is a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Amazon.ca does not have it. It's from Third parties in the Amazon Market place

If it was Amazon directly it would be one thing, but The Amazon Market Place is a wretched hive of scum and villainy
Really? I've never had any problem with the marketplace. Just order from companies with high approval ratings.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Good to know.

D'oh. In my defence, I was only out by an "r", and the only games that managed to reach my particular shore with the Aksys logo still attached is the original WiiWare versions of the Bit Trip games.

Haha, it's not a problem :)

I just know people get us confused with Arc System Works sometimes, so just wanted to clear up any confusion~

Top Bottom