• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanon 12

6CPSA82.png

Uguu x1
UPM 0.25

Student council president is a jerk. What a way to introduce yourself! I feel like all of Key's female protags fall for the main guy way too easily. I thought it would take Mai a bit more time but it seems she already needs Yuuichi.
Invisible demon thing makes a splash at the dance and Mai makes a scene by slashing her sword around at air. Way to ruin the good impression you were trying to leave. Of course she is blamed for the whole thing.
The dance was well animated if a bit strange during this part...

wM9X3Fd.gif

Snafu is confirmed to have a Bluray release later by Sentai on twitter. so you guys can wait unless you just want it on DVD.

What's up with Funimation doing SAVE releases with artboxes?

That's good news. Don't know why Sentai just doesn't wait a few extra months to release both the DVD and Blu-ray at once though.

FUNimation's releases of Shiki and Shangri-La apparently had such low sales that they decided to use old stock of original two parts sets, both which included an artbox, for the S.A.V.E. editions. Pretty sure Shangri-La's old stock is now finished and will be using a single case with the S.A.V.E. label. Be warned though, FUNimation decided to place the information sheets onto the back of the artboxes with a sticker which has a good chance of ripping off part of the artbox design.

lol 3 minutes into Black Jack and that escalated quickly. Also this looks like the art style of Astro boy and Metropolis, so probably same guy. You know that one dude who is called one of the founders of anime or something. With a fetish for small half naked boys in banana hammocks.

Nothing like a
child and his mother exploding on the beach to grab your attention eh?

And Yep. It's Osamu Tezuka.

The thing is, Tezuka himself studied to be a doctor himself before he really began to pursue his career in manga. Naturally, he uses a bit of what he learned in this show while adding a bit of his own Tezuka charm to it.

Chariot

Episode 8 after watching ping pong I forgot about it.
Uguuh :(

No Game no Life - worth watching?
Depends what you like and dislike. You like mindgames and exactly after keikaku-moments and crazy over the top characters? Thats all plus. You dislike young girls with sometimes visible pantys, somewhat harem and LSD filters, thats a minus for you.

@r_thanps: she was doing that after zhe effects weared of. She is certainly the normalest in comparisson, but in my opinion not mormal-normal.

Chariot

If you can forgive/ignore over the top fan service, and like reference humor, then NGNL is for you. If you can't do the former, then don't bother.
Over the top? NGNL has some fanservice, but its just above regular anime fanservice. I'd call something like HotD or Queens Blade over the top

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 6

Did.... did the MC and his Gundam really just
go all Super Saiyan
? Wow... I don't even...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!

Over the top? NGNL has some fanservice, but its just above regular anime fanservice. I'd call something like HotD or Queens Blade over the top

those shows aren't fan service. They're fucking borderline hentai lol.

all jokes aside, it still is very over the top at points. Like fully naked people.

Chariot

those shows aren't fan service. They're fucking borderline hentai lol.

all jokes aside, it still is very over the top at points. Like fully naked people.
Mgm, if I am reading the complains here abiut NGNL fanservice I have to think about how hard my anime and hentai consume have desensitized me ;___;

what I saw of Highschool DxD was probably worst in terms of how consistent it was. But NGNL has little 12 year old camel toe, and there's no excuse for that. It's fucking gross. And whoever had to draw that better be so ashamed of his life he drank himself to sleep

J'FUCKINGACCUSE!

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 6

Did.... did the MC and his Gundam really just
go all Super Saiyan
? Wow... I don't even...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!

Oh... it gets better my friend. SOoooooo much better hahaha. Between that and the brutal cultural stereotypes that are super NOT okay now a days, G Gundam is one of the most fun shows made.

Soma

Every time I see a screenshot of NGNL I keep thinking that someone put it through an editing program to make it look like it intentionally came from tumblr.

Mokoi

Banned
Mgm, if I am reading the complains here abiut NGNL fanservice I have to think about how hard my anime and hentai consume have desensitized me ;___;

The fan service is really bad though. They could of really toned it down. The premise already makes for a fun show. Also you, and your dirty Doujinshi.
some stuff on ex (sadpand) has desensitized me too.

Uguuh :(

@r_thanps: she was doing that after zhe effects weared of. She is certainly the normalest in comparisson, but in my opinion not mormal-normal.
Things is : the effects have'nt weared off ....
She was forced to fall in love , and then the effect should have weared off , meaning that she should have stopped being in love out of her free will ... But that didn't happen.

That's a funny part of Steph character ( for now ) and even jibril wonders ( ep 7 ) why the effects are still on. When she could/should have broken free of that pledge long time ago.

Outside of that part , jibril is the most normal character of the whole show.

Black Jack TV 1

I like the premise, and I like the main character. But my fucking god I hate the little loli girl with the hamster eating peanut butter sounding voice. Again I assume I needed to be reminded this was anime, outside of the doctor with 1337 doctor'ing skills and crazy design. Seriously his design is crazy, but his coolness and voice is awesome.

So a fairly good first episode, but I can't stand the little girl. She's an irritation to my ears and eyes.

Also some of the situations for his doctorin are fucking out of Uncharted haha. It's like the worst possible luck you could have as a human being. Murphy's Law the anime, and thank god this Doctor is all "I GOT THIS SHIT". He's like a more ridiculous version of the Monster protag.

Chariot

You've been desensitized. NGNL is by far the worse fanservice I have seen and put up with.
Your lucky. There are far worse shows outthere.

The fan service is really bad though. They could of really toned it down. The premise already makes for a fun show. Also you, and your dirty Doujinshi.
some stuff on ex (sadpand) has desensitized me too.
But it's actually nice, aye. If we don't see the fanservice in normal shows anymore we can't get upset about is. Its like the advertisement banner blindness.

Things is : the effects have'nt weared off ....
She was forced to fall in love , and then the effect should have weared off , meaning that she should have stopped being in love out of her free will ... But that didn't happen.

That's a funny part of Steph character ( for now ) and even jibril wonders ( ep 7 ) why the effects are still on. When she could/should have broken free of that pledge long time ago.

Outside of that part , jibril is the most normal character of the whole show.
I interpreted that scene that the effects were away - Steph just fell in love earnestly, whick Jibril couldn't comprehend since she isn't the people type.

Black Jack TV 1

I like the premise, and I like the main character. But my fucking god I hate the little loli girl with the hamster eating peanut butter sounding voice. Again I assume I needed to be reminded this was anime, outside of the doctor with 1337 doctor'ing skills and crazy design. Seriously his design is crazy, but his coolness and voice is awesome.

So a fairly good first episode, but I can't stand the little girl. She's an irritation to my ears and eyes.

Black Jack is basically Batman if he was a doctor. That's how much of a boss he is.

And yeah, Pinoko is a downside. A lot of people have trouble getting through the show because of her.

But when the focus is on Black Jack, the show is great. He's an awesome character.

Remember this show is purely episodic. The show has it's ups and downs. There will be some episodes here and there that focus on Pinoko (the worst episodes) and some episodes that focus entirely on Black Jack. Thankfully the ones that focus on Black Jack are in a majority compared to the ones that focus on Pinoko. There will some episodes where Pinoko barely shows up at all, so look forward to those ones as those are where the show really shines.

cnet128

Banned
what I saw of Highschool DxD was probably worst in terms of how consistent it was. But NGNL has little 12 year old camel toe, and there's no excuse for that. It's fucking gross. And whoever had to draw that better be so ashamed of his life he drank himself to sleep

There is no shame in bringing beautiful things to the world.

sonicmj1

No Game No Life 3-5

I see why cajunator liked this part.

Maybe something is wrong with me, or maybe my expectations were just primed by all the shock I read early on, but I've been able to tolerate the fanservice up to this point. Even with stuff involving Shiro, I don't feel like I've seen anything yet that went too far. I guess I was bothered most by all the Steph-humiliation in episode 5, but that had more to do with how casually cruel it was than anything else.

It'd be nice if there were less fanservice, because the show's a lot of fun when the games are rolling. The reference humor tends to be integrated well enough and used sparingly enough to stay fun, and magic allows the games to go so far off the rails that you can't really know what to expect next. I like that kind of absurdity. But it'd be nice if I didn't have to put up with watching all this sexual harassment to get there.

Clov

Really wouldn't know whether it's FUNimation or the Japanese license holder to blame. You would think FUNimation would at least ask to see if they would be getting the BD-version since this situation has happened in the past.

Personally I'm blaming Funimation. They should be able to specify home video masters for their release, or at least check the masters to see if there's any extremely obvious censoring. You'd think they'd have learned from the last time this happened. At least this one is being delayed, instead of being sent out censored.

Reminds me of when Sentai released a handful of shows that were 1080i instead of 1080p. They apparently forgot to specify 1080p in their agreements.

TUSR

Banned
No Game No Life Episode 11

Hold up...

AOTY also has best girl in it. This will get a season 2, no way in hell it doesn't.

Narag

No Game No Life 3-5
It'd be nice if there were less fanservice, because the show's a lot of fun when the games are rolling. The reference humor tends to be integrated well enough and used sparingly enough to stay fun, and magic allows the games to go so far off the rails that you can't really know what to expect next. I like that kind of absurdity. But it'd be nice if I didn't have to put up with watching all this sexual harassment to get there.

Been tempted to give it a look given how popular it is. Your post makes it sound like something I'd like with the usual reservations I'd have about an unnecessarily lewd show.

Ryuukan

Pedophile character aside, I still think "Listen To Me Girls, I'm You're Father!" is better than Usagi Drop.

There is no shame in bringing beautiful things to the world.

MBl0EWm.gif

Black Bullet 11

Another fun episode.
Masked man returns
to my delight and tease we got last week.
I knew he wasn't so weak as to be taken out with one punch a few arcs back
. Looks like things are ramping up for the big fight.

Branduil

Personally I'm blaming Funimation. They should be able to specify home video masters for their release, or at least check the masters to see if there's any extremely obvious censoring. You'd think they'd have learned from the last time this happened. At least this one is being delayed, instead of being sent out censored.

Reminds me of when Sentai released a handful of shows that were 1080i instead of 1080p. They apparently forgot to specify 1080p in their agreements.

At least with 1080i there's no functional difference for most people. Censored TV masters should be extremely obvious.

Thats just seems like an odd thing to need to ask for, its just kind of silly imagining that jpn side would really send tv broadcast versions out to their licensees...

Clov

Thats just seems like an odd thing to need to ask for, its just kind of silly imagining that jpn side would really send tv broadcast versions out to their licensees...

That's also true. They should be sending out home video masters regardless, since they're being used for a home video release.

Reminds me, another release that got delayed was Sentai's release of Gatchaman Crowds. Got pushed back to September. I really hope that they delayed it to get the director's cut of the final episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom