• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Sorian

Banned
I apologize for stepping in and doing this but the disregard for the rules has put me into a spot where I have no real other option.

3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.

MODKILL: TheWorthyEdge

Day 2 has ended

Do not post in this thread until after my next post (and even then it will be night phase so go to bed anyway).

Sorian

Banned
As it had been the day before, Apollo stood to one side of the court room. His opponent was Manfred Von Karma. After a solid flurry of objections, Von Karma had no further rebuttals. With a look of shock on his face, everything just stopped. A look of disbelief crossed his eyes and everyone gathered knew the truth. They had found one of the killers. As the truth of the situation set in Von Karma entered a wild furry of frustration. Once, twice, three times, he continued beating his head against the wall, his perfect record shattered and destroyed.

karma-break(b).gif

As his head lurched back for another strike, his form shimmered for just a moment and then he disappeared from sight. He was gone, one less killer stalking the courthouse.

TheWorthyEdge has been removed from the game.

Welcome TheWorthyEdge!

You are Manfred von Karma, “Perfect” Prosecutor

Your role is the Mafia Goon

You are the renowned prosecutor who has gone undefeated for 40 years and mentor to Miles Edgeworth and your daughter, Franziska von Karma. Your methods are less than savory and you’ve been known to choose violence over losing.

You are the equivalent of an ordinary town player. You have no power aside from your vote during the day.

You may also submit your factions kill by PMing me the command KILL: <playername>.

Your partners are: [REDACTED]. Your mafia chat room can be found [REDACTED].

You win when your team makes up at least 50% of the living player list, and there are no other active killing abilities remaining.

Again, I apologize for basically cutting the day short but the presentation of a direct quoted role PM couldn't be tolerated in this situation as it was likely to color the rest of the day based on unsportsmanlike play and possibly have ramifications through the rest of the game unless cut short now.

The modkill will retroactively go back to post 1246 and the final vote count will match that. As the day phase ended early, I will be extending the night phase in an attempt to keep the game on the same schedule.

Night 2 ends in:
red_1456610400.png

Sorian

Banned
As always, final vote count can be found in the spreadsheet. Votes have been ordered to most votes to least for day 2. Night actions are due to me by an hour before the deadline above.

Sorian

Banned
Effective immediately, SalvaPot will be replacing Drago.

He has asked to drop out due to this being a bigger time commitment than he had expected and stressing to keep on top of the thread was getting to him. He asked that I apologize on his behalf.

I have also sent a prod to Hipster Cthulhu, if I don't hear anything by Saturday then I will be replacing him as well. New replacement should be in by the time of day 3 start if they end up being needed.

The only reason why I copied it was because it said I could copy it in my Role PM...

:/

I think it stipulated more clearly than that (you left out a few words at the end, worthychan):

you may feel free to copy and paste directly from your role PMs into this chat.

bolded parts means it's free for your use and discussion in your faction chat, I believe.

but if you have further issues with this, please PM Sorian or any of the Overseers directly.

I think it stipulated more clearly than that (you left out a few words at the end, worthychan):

bolded parts means it's free for your use and discussion in your faction chat, I believe.

but if you have further issues with this, please PM Sorian or any of the Overseers directly.

Nope. My PM does not say that.

Anyway, its all good. No point in fighting it now. Hope everyone else has fun!

SalvaPot

Effective immediately, SalvaPot will be replacing Drago.

He has asked to drop out due to this being a bigger time commitment than he had expected and stressing to keep on top of the thread was getting to him. He asked that I apologize on his behalf.

I have also sent a prod to Hipster Cthulhu, if I don't hear anything by Saturday then I will be replacing him as well. New replacement should be in by the time of day 3 start if they end up being needed.

Sorian
(Yesterday, 09:11 PM)

Sorian

Banned
It shouldn't have come as a shock anymore. Mr. Edgeworth was dead. Daddy was dead. The Judge had told me and Pearl to stay around the others each night. That it would be safer. But I had to figure out what was happening. I owed it to Daddy to help solve this case and make sure no one else would be hurt. Plus I was a magician! I would be fine!

Or so I thought. I was too late. Someone else had lost their dad earlier today but it looked like they didn't have time to mourn. I had found my way to the prosecutor's lobby outside of courtroom three. A pretty girl with blue hair lay there dying. Her throat had been slit and a pool of blood was forming below her. I ran to her side but it was too late, the light left her eyes.

A slam came from the direction of the door leading to the courtroom. Without thinking, I ran to investigate. It was dark but there was enough light to tell that no one was around. Confused and defeated, I was about to turn to leave when the sharp cold metal entered my body from the behind. A hand covered my mouth. I wanted to scream. The terror quickly turned to a haze and then to nothingness.

Bowlie and Ri'Orius have been removed from the game.

Welcome Bowlie!

You are Franziska von Karma, The Prodigy

Your role is the Town Non-Consecutive Vigilante

Daughter to the renowned Manfred von Karma, you are a child prodigy who began her legal career at the age of 13. Armed with your trusty whip, you can force any of these foolish fools into submission however you may need to limit yourself, you would hate to receive a penalty.

During the night phase, you may target any living player by PMing me the command WHIP: <playername>. If your action is successful, that player will be removed from the game. You cannot target yourself and you cannot use this ability two nights in a row.

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

Welcome Ri'Orius!

You are Trucy Wright, Stage Magician

Your role is Vanilla Town

The adoptive daughter of the great Phoenix Wright, you currently work as an investigative assistant at the Wright Anything Agency. Phoenix is still around from time to time but you have started to assist Apollo Justice in his budding career as a green defense attorney.

You do not have any actions, but you may judge your peers in the court of law (which means you can vote).

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

15 players remain. 8 votes are needed for majority.

Day 3 ends in:
bla_1456956000.png

First things first, I took TG's vote this past night phase. Was gonna take Drago's, but then he got a replacement. Chose TG because he was gonna go for me if he didn't vote for TWE, since he believes I'm neutral.

TWE Flip - Confirms that the other killer is neutral most likely. Could have town vig but i dont think that it's likely. The mafia also must kill the neutral. So that means the neutral killer would have to ride a very thin line of not looking like a town PR to mafia and not looking like scum to town. Which to me, means the low active guys or the guys that only chime in once in a while when prodded through votes or being specifically called, could be the neutral killer. Neutral Killer most likely Shelle De Killer?

Went thru the thread after the TWE flip looking for any possible clues. I think BL was targeted by Mafia and the neutral killer lucked up and killed RNH. I think the reason BL may have been targeted is because he was pressuring TWE on calling out CF over their vote on Zubz.

Why was Zubz early day 1 vote weird and not Hipster Cthulhu's?
Screenshoted BL's post, I think it may be worth looking into. You can find the post here.
9fee79b2e85a26fdb25ef44d0a3f48fe.png

This is TWE's response to BL's questioning:
Kalor is obviously just a vote to throw out there, and looking at Crimson's vote for Zubz I don't really see anything as "weird" so it was a bad adjective. It was also the last vote that I saw that struck me so I commented on it.

I still don't know why Crimson was trying to make Zubz talk by voting for him. What was he expecting Zubz to say? Those votes, the ones that are like "I want to vote for X because I want them to talk", especially on the first day when there really isn't anything to talk to strike me as somewhat odd.
Also when TWE was spinning his tale, trying to justify a vote for me he said this:
I don't know. I mean, if you look at the votes, they could've easily framed RNH and gotten two birds with one stone.

What strikes me odd, is who died. RNH. RNH was the only vote for CB and so the theory right now is this: either CB is stupid and killed RNH, OR the neutral assassin(or whatever) is Ezekial who tried to frame CB by killing RNH and bringing up the whole "I do believe that RNH was one who called you out on being so aggressive!" HOHOHO!

Now, one can say that's what I'm doing right now. I'm not stupid enough to shoot myself in the foot.

Barrylocke... Yeah. I don't know.

In hindsight, he focused mainly on RNH being killed by the neutral, when it couldve been him or BL. Most likely because he knew he had a hand in choosing BL to be killed. We shouldve read thru that one better. Squidy mentioned it, but probably thought it wasn't really anything.

Xam found Redfalco, Drago, and Starskectch suspicious and TWE questioned that.
What makes you find these 2 suspicious beyond low post count?
Specifically, he questioned why xam found red and drag suspicious and didn't mention Starskectch. That could be read a number of ways.

TWE was one of 4 ppl (Drago,CB,Roy)against the Scrafty voting ultimatum.
Agree with this.

I do not understand Scraftys mentality here. Just because I don't vote for someone before she does doesn't mean I'm scum. That's ridiculous.

The people that don't vote at all on a day, those are the ones that shoot up to the top of my list.

Of course, TWE was down to go with CB's nameclaim idea
I don't know.

I think this could be a pretty interesting development if we do this whole name thing.

So were Xam (Claimed cop), CB (His plan from the start), CF(backed off of it after thinking it over or something, so did TWE though), and Matt Attack to an extent.
I am on board for a name claim, if that matters.

Actually, I know we said names weren't super concerning but...

Looking at the names of the dead we have: Gregory Edgeworth (defense attorney, and clear good guy in the game), PW (main character), and Miles Edgeworth (clear good guy pretty much most of the game).
I also think scum was given a list of names, but a neutral wouldn't have been.

I don't think it is worth killing a neutral Ezekiel, based on what I think his win condition might be.

Also there's something I want to discuss. Name claims. Role claims are obviously still a no go. But the thing is that Miles Edgeworth was a VANILLA role. Names are no longer an indication of having a PR or not.

I'd like to bring up the topic of name claiming as a point of discussion. Should we do it? I want to see if this pattern of names holds for other townies. If no other townie comes up with some odd character like M de M well.... I'm more leaning to neutral on him.

I'm leaning towards liking the idea of a mass name claim at this point. If we're sure it won't give away town power roles. It also forces scum to lie about their name, which could be a potential avenue to catch them out later, if they claim a role which doesn't line up with whatever name they claimed, or something.

Yeah, I kind of realised what a bad idea that would be just after I posted that, but then I had to go out for a bit. There could still be names that tie into power roles in an obvious way, like Dr Hotti could be the doctor for example.

I don't know about name claiming. I mean, I guess I don't mind too much if we reach consensus, but I would be very wary of any possible neutral roles that want to lynch a specific person (like me in Cthulu Mafia.) They'd know who to target then. There's also the possibility of scum having a name list, but I guess we won't know until we try.

This post seems to be what started TWE's downfall:
Ehh, I don't know if now is the time to prod vote. I mean, I'm not against calling him in here but I don't think the whole vote when he's not here is worth it, because chances are you're just going to take that vote off.

Hipster. If you don't contribute in this thread by Tuesday night I will not be the happiest of campers.

Zubz chimed in later and also said the vote/prod on Hipster was weird and even tried to make it look bad on Crimson for going long with the prod.
I'd also like to comment on how weird it was that Crimson jumped onto Squidy's prod vote towards Hipster. I mean, granted, it's because I find the prod vote weird to begin with since it hasn't been that long (Granted, being without GAF access for at least 10 hours a day has probably affected my judgment on the matter). But Squidy suggested he'd make a prod vote as of Saturday morning. Then Crimson just tagged on immediately after it was made (With Xam beating Squidy to the punch). I dunno. That seems a little askew, even if it's hardly noticeable in the face of a D2-2 reveal.

Zubz tries to defend TWE a little
But anyway, Edge usually plays all twitchy-like, so it's not striking me as too weird, even if that doesn't make it innocuous.

Zubz read of TWE
-Edge is starting to get that way, too, but was mostly, well... Edgey until now. The not-a-role-claim post was weird, but probably nothing... Right?

MA, Zubz, and TG's votes for TWE came pretty much after TWE looked very scummy in most ppl's eyes.

====================== Question for TG
After my reveal you believe I was town and you even used it as a reason to vote CB.
Vote: CornBurrito
Barring anything major happening today, one pending conflict is CB vs Zeke, and his general aggressiveness (and the inexplicable alluding to burgers-- eat your burgers, Apollo? Or a blatant breadcrumbing of Maya) is a bit too much for me. Of the two, I'm leaning towards Zeke being town [and Zeke claiming also supports that. Let's see the tally.]

What changed your mind from that post believing I was town to being a neutral worthy of being lynched? Was it just what squidy said?
=============================== About Blackmail cards
Could this be a way for mafia to hunt for the NK? From what I read in the thread, De Killer leaves those so no one else gets blamed for her assassinations. So each time someone comes out and says they got a card in the game, it lets the mafia know who isn't the neutral killer?

TLDR - Mafia killed BL, Neutral Killer took out RNH. Probably want to look into HipsterCthulu(flatearthpandas)/Zubz today since TWE questioned Crimson's vote on Zubsz Day1 and questioned Squidy's vote on Hipster day 2. Both votes starting off as random prods. Blackmail cards may be a way for mafia to hunt for neutral killer. Drago may also need looking at, TWE and him crossed on two occasions.

I think MA TG may be good candidates for the neutral Killer, since they really only comment when prodded or questioned.

Quick thoughts:

• Ok, two kills rules out vig being responsible for N2 Kills (sort of....?)
  • Why are Xam and Scrafty still alive (Double protectors???)
  • We HAD a vig.

Quick thoughts:

• We HAD a vig.
I don't think Scum targeted either Scrafty or me last night, on the chance we were going to be protected, they probably decided to go for a safer target instead.

And that's why EzekelRAGE, you ALWAYS read the new flips before posting pre-made posts :)

I am still right in my theories about a neutral killer. Bowlie couldnt have killed last night phase and this one.

Also, TWE's role pm specifically states that no other killing abilities. So what was wrong with my pre made post other than there being a vig?

I don't think Bowlie used his power yet.

squidyj

Quick thoughts:

• We HAD a vig.

yeah so we assume that 1 night kill each night phase was by the mafia, and that gives us at most one night kill from town vigi, and at least one unaccounted kill.

roytheone

I am still right in my theories about a neutral killer. Bowlie couldnt have killed last night phase and this one.

Also, TWE's role pm specifically states that no other killing abilities. So what was wrong with my pre made post other than there being a vig?

I don't think Bowlie used his power yet.

I agree we probably have a neutral killer. But I doubt bowlie didn't use his powers yet. Even if that would have been the smarter play, most vigs simply can't resist the temptation .

I do wonder how the neutral killer works though. Simply being able to kill every night would give this game 2.5 deaths per night, which is insanely high for a 21 player game.

Wonder if Ri'Orius could have been the vig kill. Nothing major, but there were a couple of interactions with TWE that were giving me a slight scum read on him. Would make the most sense for a vig to target out of all the night deaths so far at least.

I don't think Scum targeted either Scrafty or me last night, on the chance we were going to be protected, they probably decided to go for a safer target instead.

A doctor should have been on you and nobody else. Aside from which, you and Scrafty aren't the only outed power roles, so that none of them died seems odd.

roytheone

Wonder if Ri'Orius could have been the vig kill. Nothing major, but there were a couple of interactions with TWE that were giving me a slight scum read on him. Would make the most sense for a vig to target out of all the night deaths so far at least.

Likely. If I was a non-consecutive vig, I wouldn't shoot night 1 since that would basically be a gamble, and I couldn't shoot night 2 when you have more to work with.

People need to look at TheWorthyEdge's death pm.

Scum wins when they are 50% of the remaining players and all the killing roles are gone. I think that definitely means we have a killing neutral.

As for why the fuck Bowlie/Ri'orious were targeted?

Easy. One was targeted by a neutral who is choosing to go after low priority scum targets.

The other was killed because Xam was saved by a switcher. No I won't elaborate on that. I'm 60% sure though. I reason scum already knows whether Xam was saved by a bodyguard or a switcher. So I'm telling everyone it is likely a switcher so that town PR can keep that in mind.

Six AM on a Sunday here, and I'm on mobile, but TWE's being modkilled and flip prove that scum have flavor-specific (and quite good) cover roles.

Shame he was only a vanilla, though; his flip didn't reveal much about scum PRs, although again we cannot rely on role names to determine powers, given that Miles Edgeworth and Manfred are both vanilla.

And now that Trucy is also vanilla, we really can't rely on the flavor for anything. RIP Ri'Orius and Bowlie. Assuming that one of them is the result of a scum kill, they seem equally viable-- they were both null/inactive reads for me.

Zeke, yeah, and I was thinking of how your role would work in the next days (as well as CB's lylo posts about you, ironically enough), and your role is very volatile.

That said, considering that we had a vigilante, I'm going back to thinking that you are town. Vigilante seems more powerful (although balanced a bit by the non-consecutiveness), and if that was town...

I wonder if Franziska was able to whip last night.

People need to look at TheWorthyEdge's death pm.

Scum wins when they are 50% of the remaining players and all the killing roles are gone. I think that definitely means we have a killing neutral.

As for why the fuck Bowlie/Ri'orious were targeted?

Easy. One was targeted by a neutral who is choosing to go after low priority scum targets.

The other was killed because Xam was saved by a switcher. No I won't elaborate on that. I'm 60% sure though. I reason scum already knows whether Xam was saved by a bodyguard or a switcher. So I'm telling everyone it is likely a switcher so that town PR can keep that in mind.
Elaborate, please.

Elaborate, please.

Actually fine.

I give items to people. Powerful items.

Scrafty hinted at this yesterday when she said she was sure I was town. Remember how she said she received an item?

I can give out more than just one. You claimed cop. I believe you. I felt safe giving you an item.

Except you didn't get one. I know because I get confirmation if the item delivery fails for any reason, but I don't get told why it failed.

So how would it have failed to get to you?

1) You were protected by some universal blocker.
2) You were switched, and my item failed to deliver because it went to whoever died in your place

Actually fine.

Scrafty hinted at this yesterday when she said she was sure I was town. Remember how she said she received an item?

I can give out more than just one. You claimed cop. I believe you. I felt safe giving you an item.

Except you didn't get one. I know because I get confirmation if the item delivery fails for any reason, but I don't get told why it failed.

2) You were switched, and my item failed to deliver because it went to whoever died in your place
I see, thanks for the elaboration. It would make some sense, as I don't think Riorius was super popular, so a Town-aligned switcher might have used him as a stabbing bag.

I should note I literally have to give items out each night. And I cant gift multiple items to a single person.

The downside is that scum or neutral getting items from me wouldn't be very good for town. But I feel confident I'll choose correctly.

Actually fine.

Would it have failed if the person died though? I guess it would depend on how Sorian handles things, but I'd have thought that they'd still receive it before they die.

roytheone

I should note I literally have to give items out each night. And I cant gift multiple items to a single person.

The downside is that scum or neutral getting items from me wouldn't be very good for town. But I feel confident I'll choose correctly.

Is it possible for someone to use their item and make room for another one, or can you only give an item to someone once during the whole game?

Top Bottom