• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable Joins PS2 in the Pink !

The PSP news came from Sp ong, but at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

psppinknu4.jpg

SCEE revealed this afternoon that a pink PSP will make its debut on October 27, in a bundle comprising the console, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, white headphones with remote control, a carry pouch and wrist-strap. In something of a marketing coup, there'll also be a UMD from American popstrel Pink included, featuring interviews, live performances and all the usual Pink-related promo gubbins. The whole kit and caboodle will go on sale for £169.

"The Pink PSP launch is much more than just launching a new colour," said Stephane Hareau, PSP senior brand manager at SCEE. "It is about a confident and powerful attitude for young women. The association with Pink will enable PSP to push new boundaries."

Are you a young woman? Do you like Pink? (Can you re-phrase that please - Ed). Are you a fan of her work, and will she tempt you away from the flip-top handheld wondrousness that is Nintendo
DS? Get thee to the forum and tell us.

News about the Pink PS2

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156083.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

newpinkps2_screen001.jpg

Andy787

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
I got nothing agaisn't gay's honestly! I worked with one at my last job and I thought he was a really nice guy.
Doom_Bringer said:
No seriously, he was a GC fanboy though! We talked about RE4 and stuff. Gay guys >>>>>>>> assholes IMO
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Angelcurio

It looks really cool, my girlfriend would love one of those as a BirthDay gift.

Is this color exclusive to europe?

PS: It rocks to have a gamer GF.

They're so beautiful and I want both~ They're just dripping in the luscious pinkness... Ahh my life would be (almost) complete with them (although what the heck would I do with a PSP...).

jepense

A pink portable is ok (especially in Japan because they love their pink cherry blossoms), but the pink console would look very out of place next to my TV and other devices (which are black or silvery).

Mr Jared

The PSP looks great in pink, as does the PS2.. but those controllers have got to go. Pink and black may be a winning combination, but damn does it look ugly on that controller. If they went with pink and white, it would probably look a ton better.

And I'll agree with the whole copying bit. Nintendo am king of pink hardware.

Sony is putting the cart before the horse. They're targeting a different demographic with this move without having the games for them. At least Nintendo had the goddamn sense to release a cooking game alongside with it.

THINK, Sony, THINK!

NintendosBooger said:
Sony is putting the cart before the horse. They're targeting a different demographic with this move without having the games for them. At least Nintendo had the goddamn sense to release a cooking game alongside with it.

THINK, Sony, THINK!

I'm sure all these young girls would love a pink PS2/PSP and have a lovely game to play on it:

But these poor girls are in Japan. Oh well. They should bring Tokimemo GS2 out alongside this so the girls have something more to play than Barbie's Horse Adventure and Hello Kitty Mystery Wagon.

I feel like I'm mocking my kind ;_;

jax (old)

Banned
is it okay now to throw phrases like "homo" around on gaf? what's happening to this place?

We get it. Pink things = for girls and the pink brigade. This joke got old when the pink PS2 was revealed. But I don't like the push in language.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wtf? When did GAF turn into OA? ****ing hell. I hate you Doom.

Top Bottom