• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN/ORC Iowa: Sanders 51%, Clinton 43%; Trump 37%, Cruz 26%

Status
Not open for further replies.

billeh

Isn't this not a big deal because Sanders leads in bigger in areas around colleges and trails basically everywhere else? Caucus system, and all that.

fantomena

LOL, no.

Bernie is fucked because his momentum came too late to change the math.

For what it's worth, most people and the media seems very suprised that Sanders has been keeping the polls very strong so far. I thought he would drop down in the polls and vanish months ago.

Thread closed. Too many Bernie/Hillary threads...or so a mod just told me with my Hillary thread pointing out her blatant lies.

Anyways. Great numbers for Bernie and thus the American people.

At least I didn't get banned. Hi HylianTom!

per poligaf (but actually per Nate Silver and Nate Cohn), this is assuming that turnout will be absurdly high on both sides of the aisle (and more specifically, that male turnout on the dem side will exceed 2008's share by 10 entire percentage points)

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192889437&postcount=12110
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192889545&postcount=12112

He won't take NH

he's taking NH barring an absurdly late surge on the part of the clinton campaign, the only question is how wide the margin's going to be

HylianTom

Banned
Thread closed. Too many Bernie/Hillary threads...or so a mod just told me with my Hillary thread pointing out her blatant lies.

Sweet!

I don't like Iowa's caucus system. Not releasing raw popular vote totals? Ick.

cheezcake

Both are largely against establishment politics.
This is one of the paramount concerns I have with the political system in the USA at the moment.

What is so hard to understand?

I'd take an establishment politician over a xenophobic, nationalistic nutcase. Actually nutcase isn't fair. Trump is smart, he's a good manipulator, he knows exactly what he's doing.

The fact that he's doing well is more of a sad reflection of the anti-intellectualism culture propping up in places all over the US.

sphagnum

Banned
This is one of the paramount concerns I have with the political system in the USA at the moment.

What is so hard to understand? Maybe that I don't care much for party politics is hard to grasp?

Their policies are polar opposites. The fact that neither is really a member of the party they are running under doesn't mean that they are both acceptable.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

What is so hard to understand? Maybe that I don't care much for party politics is hard to grasp?

joke poster? the two have vastly different politics on crucially important issues.

She can't win!

Night is still young. lol..

Piggus

Really sorry to hear about what Killery did to your dog back in 2007. And it's just truly shameful of her to lie about it ever since.

To put it bluntly:

Bernie is about getting big money interests out of political campaigns so they don't influence people who hold office.

Trump is about getting big money interests directly into office.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Their policies are polar opposites. The fact that neither is really a member of the party they are running under doesn't mean that they are both acceptable.

I know their policies are at odds in many areas.

The good thing with not being on one parties lap is the fact that I can decide issue-by-issue where I land.

Both Sanders and Trump have ideas I agree and disagree with. Again my most paramount issue (establishment politics) is in line with both candidates.

Unique opinions are hard.

Wins in Iowa and New Hampshire would be pretty exciting for Bernie. It'd be a nice way to try and build some momentum in other states. I hope he does take them.
I legitimately don't understand this at all.
There is such a thing as a gambling addiction. I don't know what else could explain it lol.

Kaladin

CNN said:
Hillary Clinton on Thursday sought to turn Sen. Bernie Sanders' "establishment" attack right back on him -- saying he served in Washington much longer than she did.

Lol, Hillary

I legitimately don't understand this at all.

I guess some people are just completely fed up with the political establishment that two non-establishment candidates is better than another career politician, regardless of the consequences, because they are just SO frustrated by the corruption and political elite in Washington.

I get it, I really do. The consequences may be dire, but it's hard to bring yourself to vote for someone like that.

pigeon

Banned
I guess some people are just completely fed up with the political establishment that two non-establishment candidates is better than another career politician, regardless of the consequences, because they are just SO frustrated by the corruption and political elite in Washington.

I get it, I really do. The consequences may be dire, but it's hard to bring yourself to vote for someone like that.

I agree that if you totally misunderstand every aspect of American politics you are less likely to vote and your vote is less likely to be meaningful when you do.

Flo_Evans

This election/primary is amazing.

I remember when people were all concerned it would be another Clinton or a Bush in the WH LOL.

params7

Banned

Both also are similar on healthcare. Both are almost the same on foreign policy. Both are against superpacs and TPP. Where both differ greatly is domestic economic policies and immigration. Some people probably don't care as much about domestic differences and just want to give the finger to the establishment politics.

Iksenpets

Banned
So if Sanders takes Iowa and NH, is there hope?

Bernie's situation is basically if he loses either he's dead. Winning both is the bare minimum to keep him in it. After that, he has to put up a decent fight in South Carolina to prove that he can win contests in states that aren't 90% white. Right now he's set to win in a handful of rural, white states but get absolutely flattened in the South and in heavily urbanized states of he can't make any inroads with minority voters.

Technically she didn't lie but she was being deceiving by not given the full context of why Sanders supported a last minute omnibus bill that included the CFMA. Also funny how she forgot to say that the guy that basically wrote the CFMA act works for her now.

No wonder a lot of people don't like Hillary, she is a textbook politician that doesn't blush to basically attack someone else even if she is also dirty on the same issue.

Fracas

#fuckonami

jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom