• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP LAN Party - 12/12/2008 (better late than never)

LCfiner

http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/LP121008.mp3

The regular cast is back.

edit: blurb added

Welcome to another edition of the Candy Racket Podcast, where we've somehow boarded an unstoppable train of free junk food. This week -- after thanking fans from all over the world who were kind and gracious enough to send us several treat-filled packages -- we check in on Matt's newly finished (and badass) gaming PC, and talk a bit about some Steam-related weirdness.

file is 32.5MB

Special thanks to recently clean shaven Nick Suttner for getting us this show before the weekend!

NYR

Nice, was missing my "Call of Duty 4, WoW, and Left 4 Dead" podcast.

(Cynical until it gets better...here is hoping)

LCfiner

NYR said:

also some fallout and mirror's edge talk in this one (so far)

Salazar

NYR said:

Mailbag with questions and fan blithering Big Bird would blush to receive.

LCfiner

Brobzoid said:

1 hour 10 minutes

also, Max Chill really brings the awesome in this episode. (I can totally relate to the "being raised by a single mom" bit. I once went to a David Copperfield show with mine... :\)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Salazar said:
The Gods of Olympus eat Ferrero Rocher according to the ad. :lol

No fucking chance.
that shit is hot. I wouldn't put it past the God of Olympus to eat that. I know I make a dash with a stash every time I'm presented with some.

Salazar

Brobzoid said:
that shit is hot. I wouldn't put it past the God of Olympus to eat that. I know I make a dash with a stash every time I'm presented with some.

Zeus eats chilli Lindt or Toblerone.

Igo

This was a great ep. Much PC discussion was had and hopefully Anthony will share his X-Com impressions with us in the future.

I doubt very much DRM is intended to stop piracy. It's really only there to stop people sharing the game with their friends. With regards to steam, all your games can be accessed through the steam apps folder even if you can't log on provided you already have the game installed, and you obviously wouldn't be able to play online.

LCfiner said:
also, Max Chill really brings the awesome in this episode. (I can totally relate to the "being raised by a single mom" bit. I once went to a David Copperfield show with mine... :\)

Yeah same here. My mother took me to see Titanic when it was released. Ahh single parents. I put her through so much shit growing up and still do. What would I do without her though.

Lan Party redeemed. Just please don't leave us ever again Robert or Matt.

Mindlog

New episode before the ridiculously long vaccination period beings :D

Now is the time in the thread when we dance.

LCfiner said:
1 hour 10 minutes

Did you get any?

FYI, we just recently passed Panamanian Mother's Day. So proppers where proppers are due.

voltron

Opus Angelorum said:
Ferrero Rocher is the greatest chocolate treat ever made.

QUOTED. FOR. MOTHER. FUCKING. TRUTH.

Some fools think those other round balls (cant remember name) are. But they PALE in comparison to Forrerro Rocher. Even the mighty Guylian Shells cant stand up to them.

True story: I occasionally buy a 5-pack from the supermarket and eat all by myself (no Im not a fatty). Theyre just that good.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
voltron said:
QUOTED. FOR. MOTHER. FUCKING. TRUTH.

Some fools think those other round balls (cant remember name) are. But they PALE in comparison to Forrerro Rocher. Even the mighty Guylian Shells cant stand up to them.

True story: I occasionally buy a 5-pack from the supermarket and eat all by myself (no Im not a fatty). Theyre just that good.
Lindt are superior, but Ferrerro Rocher is right up there next to them.

voltron

Rez>You said:
Lindt are superior, but Ferrerro Rocher is right up there next to them.

Thats it, Lindt. And YOURE WRONG BITCH! WRONG WRONG WRONG WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!

Theyre good, but they get a bit much. Rocher just keep on keeping on.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
voltron said:
Thats it, Lindt. And YOURE WRONG BITCH! WRONG WRONG WRONG WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!

Theyre good, but they get a bit much. Rocher just keep on keeping on.
Hahaha :lol

Here's the real test. The best Easter chocolate?
Lindt_bunnies.jpg

Lindt, bitches. :p

Sanjay

Matt's stuttering L4D problem, go to the video settings and disable dual core rendering and this will fix your problem.

1-D_FTW

Ikopi said:
They forgot their iTunes listeners :(

They don't even have it on the main page of 1UP's GFW podcast page. I realize this is LAN Party, but the other episodes are located there.

Till this thread, I just thought they were gonna hold it till next week again.

LCfiner

Mindlog said:
New episode before the ridiculously long vaccination period beings :D

Now is the time in the thread when we dance.

Did you get any?

FYI, we just recently passed Panamanian Mother's Day. So proppers where proppers are due.

wait, what? ... it was my mom.

can't tell how you meant to phrase that question...

2nd. hooooly shit at the original Gordon Freeman concept. I had never seen that before. :lol :lol
thank god they redesigned him.

3rd. I'd be very surprised if it goes up on itunes anytime soon considering the last minute effort to get it up on their site before the weekend.

Nizz

Great show this week! I'm wondering if that F.E.A.R. 2 PC contest is strictly for 1up users in general? Or LAN party listeners as a whole? That thing sounds like a beast and would definitely make getting into PC gaming very easy. ;) If not, I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and buy a new PC. But it won't be costing anywhere near what the cost of that PC they mentioned is. Oh yeah, count me as another Lindt chocolate supporter. Those things are good! If I wasn't diabetic, I'd be enjoying them a lot more. I'll have one every couple of days.

Pikelet

much improved episode over last week, good to see anthony kinda taking the role of shawn and keeping the podcast on the topic of pc games when it has been ot for too long

Top Bottom