• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up LAN Party Podcast 12/3/08 (featuring Chuff Love's Gamestop Girl)

voltron

Chris Remo said:
As I explained in an earlier post, I don't think of it as "up" on an analog stick. You're pulling back, towards you.

pretty much, yeah. Thats why inverted works for certain people.

Banned
This ep was a pussy assed back out of the gamestop situation with Chuffaluffagus meltin' it down a notch. I wanted her viewpoint on the whole situation, but heck, it's all bullshit anyway.

Nizz

Chris Remo said:
I am exactly the opposite of this. For me, a mouse, being on a completely flat surface, is a simple up=up, down=down affair. An analog stick, however, is rotating around a sphere--like a flight stick, I feel like I should be pulling back (not "down") to look up, and vice versa.
Good point. Hey, I liked the podcast man. The Gamestop story with how they treat the PC game boxes had me laughing! Good stuff :D

dLMN8R

AstroLad said:
I would do it but how could I possibly know whether you were actually playing backwards? That would be like me seeing "I am a zen master who can play better with his eyes closed, hit me up online and see." :lol

But hey if you wanna throw down anyway hit me up w/ your gamertag.
I really don't give a crap what you think I'm doing - you're the one making claims that an inverted mouse is a "disadvantage" and is "backwards". On the contrary, it feels 100% natural to me, while non-inverted mouse control feels completely wrong.

You seem to be of the mind that people who use inverted are bragging about doing so, and would thus lie about it behind their computer screens where no one knows what they're really doing. No one is claiming to play with inverted controls because they think it makes them special. They play with inverted controls because they're used to it.

Apparently, you also don't realize that my gamertag won't help when it comes to the specific games I mentioned - Unreal Tournament 2004 and Counter-Strike.

Top Bottom