• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up LAN Party Podcast 12/3/08 (featuring Chuff Love's Gamestop Girl)

probune

Linkzg said:
I'll check an episode out

The only GWJ episode I heard was with Shawn and not trying to rag on the guys or anything, well, either group of guys...but you could have told me I was listening to the Player One Podcast and I couldn't tell the difference.

Is that supposed to be an insult?

dejan

I can't for the hell of it hate on a girl that remembers the awesome that is Starflight. Just one thing ... Tina if your're reading ... no need to end your little jokes with just kidding every time. Seriously we get it ......... god I just want to touch your hair
just kidding

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Linkzg said:
not at all, but since I already listen to player one it was a bit weird for me.

Well, I'll check it out again next time Shawn or Jeff go on.
GWJ is really different from POP.

Knox

Just listened to Idle Thumbs for the first time... a challenger approaches. I think it's even better than GWJ, which I've also been getting into.

miyamotofreak said:
It's true that the all-bro cast has created better discussion. Not saying it's a man-woman thing. But I am saying that none of these female hosts really contributes to actual game discussion an eighth as much as Black Dragon, Elliot, or Bobito. I said it. I'll be honest. I want Jane back.
EDIT: Alice though Neo Geo= Neopets? She doesn't know what a Neo Geo is? WTF. That's not like hardcore only knowledge either.

i got perma banned on their boards because of jane leaving.
edit: Awesome to above post

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
FartOfWar said:
We're both on week after next.
Good news everyone!
Knox said:
Just listened to Idle Thumbs for the first time... a challenger approaches. I think it's even better than GWJ, which I've also been getting into.
I've been on GWJ for a few weeks, I like what they do, I just hope they ban WoW talk. I hate that. It's so .. 2005. Lich King specific talk is cool though.

CzarTim

Blast Processing said:
I've only read the first couple of pages so far, but I can't believe some of these responses. What the fuck is the matter with you people? It's like it's the 1UP goddamned soap opera hour every time they release a podcast around here.

I for one didn't hear too much of a difference between this episode of LAN Party and prior ones, save the lack of Robert Ashley and Matt. Tina is cool, Alice is cool, Jade is probably cool too, though she didn't seem to talk much here.

You people still banana rydin' Black Dragon and Shawn Elliot and crying that this lineup 'just isn't the same' need to realize that this isn't Grey's fucking Anatomy the radio show and that in real life, people move on to other jobs, high school ends, college ends, friends come and go, and life moves on. And then shut the hell up.

For my money (if I was paying) LAN party is worth the price of admission. Just the fact that these people are all in the same room automatically puts the discussion and chemistry miles above most skyped podcasts.
Hello and welcome to NeoGaf. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
A Ken Levine/Shawn Elliot fronted podcast would be fucking amazing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Linkzg said:
the 20 minutes of Ken on GFW way back when was awesome
One of the best episodes of GFW in my opinion.

LCfiner

Rez>You said:
Someone post "you son of a bitch".gif, immediately

SonOfABitch.gif

Chufmoney said:
Thanks for all the intelligent criticism. The bottom line is we haven't been as prepared as we should have, and because the week we recorded that was a holiday week, we were down both Matt and Robert. We had to kind of throw together a show in the last minute, and then we had to figure out something we could all talk about semi-coherently.

In the future we definitely are trying to have more planned out parts. It'll still not be segmented, but we're working on coherence -- playing games together and the like.

I promise things won't always be so crazy. We could have just recorded nothing -- and perhaps we should have -- but we were just in a rush and it showed. Don't give up on us yet!
You guys should try to branch out a little, maybe bring the rest of the crew into a game of CoH or something in order to get some discussion going about something that isn't CoD4 or Left4Dead.

MrDaravon

Agreed, my disgust for this episode lead me to check out Idle Thumbs (which is fucking awesome) and I'll be checking out more of that and the Giantbomb podcast this weekend. Thanks for the recommendations!

FartOfWar

Banned
It's interesting to see how quickly effective or exploitative tactics proliferate in Left 4 Dead. I picked up two tonight playing against Mr. City. Now lets see if his team caught on and continues the tradition.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
FartOfWar said:
It's interesting to see how quickly effective or exploitative tactics proliferate in Left 4 Dead. I picked up two tonight playing against Mr. City. Now lets see if his team caught on and continues the tradition.

i was just getting into my groove by the finale. i've got a vent crew waiting if you ever want an arranged team game.

bran

Out of the 3 girls:

Alice: the most promising, she is actually funny
Tina: Get out there and play more fucking games than COD4
Jade: Doesn't know what Neo Geo is, cut! (That should be an interview question for a gaming news outfit: what's the difference between a Neo Geo and a Neopet)

Mr.City

FartOfWar said:

I learned a rather interesting one from your crew with how you dealt with tank in the second level of No Mercy. I won't get into detail, but I would of never thought of it. Love to play you guys again.

bran said:
Out of the 3 girls:

Jade: Doesn't know what Neo Geo is, cut! (That should be an interview question for a gaming news outfit: what's the difference between a Neo Geo and a Neopet)

I'm pretty sure it was Tina who didn't know what a Neo Geo was not Jade

chriskun

bran said:
Out of the 3 girls:

wasn't it Tina that didn't know what a neo-geo was. Anyways I don't think thats that big of a deal. As time wears on, there are gonna be alot of gamers that are not familiar with the lesser known game consoles.

chriskun said:
wasn't it Tina that didn't know what a neo-geo was. Anyways I don't think thats that big of a deal. As time wears on, there are gonna be alot of gamers that are not familiar with the lesser known game consoles.
"ICO? You mean Ecco the Dolphin?"

Now that was priceless.

ice cream

Banned
Anyone know what happend to Skip (Andre Fitch (sp?))? I haven't heard anymore mention him on a podcast or even mention is his name...?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
ice cream said:
Anyone know what happend to Skip (Andre Fitch (sp?))? I haven't heard anymore mention him on a podcast or even mention is his name...?
Nobody knows for sure, but the word on the street is he has some private business to take care of currently.

Top Bottom