• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

97.5 The Brodeo- January 16, 2008 (aka The "Bobito's Back!" Episode)

traveler

Not Wario
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/011608.mp3

With the GFW crew experiencing serious deadline burnout, Dr. Maximum Chill arrives on the scene to inject the podcast with some actual energy. He only partially succeeds. Among the topics mumbled about: New Team Fortress maps, Star Trek Online and the viability of licensed MMOs, Puzzle Quest, and Ubisoft's "boycott" of EGM and GFW. Also: Shawn Elliott's scary stories from the frontiers of Second Life. Be very afraid!

Length: 1 hour 36 minutes
Size: 45 mb

traveler

Not Wario
You might want to wait a little bit and see what the final size is before you dl, guys. (But feel free to go ahead and stream what already is up.)

traveler said:
You might want to wait a little bit and see what the final size is before you dl, guys. (But feel free to go ahead and stream what already is up.)

Just finished and I got the whole thing.

calder

Between the Brodeo, 1Up Yours (most times) and Bill Simmons ESPN podcast, my commutes are about a hundred times more awesome now that I save these to listen to on the way to and from work. Thanks to the GFW crew again for taking the time to do this, it's genuinely enjoyed. :D

Mindlog

calder said:
Between the Brodeo, 1Up Yours (most times) and Bill Simmons ESPN podcast, my commutes are about a hundred times more awesome now that I save these to listen to on the way to and from work. Thanks to the GFW crew again for taking the time to do this, it's genuinely enjoyed. :D

:lol

I listen to simmons too. Seriously though, Boston Sucks!

Allen

Yeah, The BS Report is great even though Simmons is usually full of shit. It especially sucks listening to it as Detroit fan living in Boston.

calder

Mindlog said:
:lol

I listen to simmons too. Seriously though, Boston Sucks!
I love how his friends/guests are now openly ripping him on his own podcast. At first I guess they were just too polite or else just surprised to be on a podcast, but now Cousin Sal and the rest mock him for having too much money, the easiest job ever and getting to cheer for the obnoxiously successful Boston teams. :lol

Best burn on that podcast was in one of the last few when Jack-o congratulated him for successfully lowering his voice 3 full octaves for the podcast, and that his fake radio voice was much better than his normal "high falsetto". :lol I laughed simply because I was a little surprised teh first time I heard him speak, his voice is a bit high (shamefully, mine is really close to his tbh). I can't wait for a full baseball season of "Johnny are you worried?", that shit was gold.

Here's the write-up:
With the GFW crew experiencing serious deadline burnout, Dr. Maximum Chill arrives on the scene to inject the podcast with some actual energy. He only partially succeeds. Among the topics mumbled about: New Team Fortress maps, Star Trek Online and the viability of licensed MMOs, Puzzle Quest, and Ubisoft's "boycott" of EGM and GFW. Also: Shawn Elliott's scary stories from the frontiers of Second Life. Be very afraid!
Oh man, the Ubi thing is a ban on 1UP Network? So much for more Brothers in Arms coverage. :(

Doytch

"With the GFW crew experiencing serious deadline burnout, Dr. Maximum Chill arrives on the scene to inject the podcast with some actual energy. He only partially succeeds. Among the topics mumbled about: New Team Fortress maps, Star Trek Online and the viability of licensed MMOs, Puzzle Quest, and Ubisoft's "boycott" of EGM and GFW. Also: Shawn Elliott's scary stories from the frontiers of Second Life. Be very afraid!"

edit: beated :(

Nizz

calder said:
Same feelings here. They are genuinely appreciated by a lot of people, me included.

calder

fallout said:
By the way guys, though you lack nicknames, you have more memes than any other podcast I know of.
As a collective nickname though, "the Brodeo" simply can not be beat. Any individual nicknames would only detract from the perfection.

traveler

Not Wario
I AM JOHN! said:
Here's the write-up:

Oh man, the Ubi thing is a ban on 1UP Network? So much for more Brothers in Arms coverage. :(

Thanks, and that sucks. I recall hereing someone at 1up say the new BiA was their most anticipated game of the year. Don't remember who, though. (Garnett?)

Rlan

Oh, Ubisoft boycotted the entirety of the 1up network? I suppose outside of the Settlers and GRAW they don't do much PC stuff anyhow, but that is weird.

edit: Oh I forgot BIA:HH.

This is around my tenth episode I've had the pleasure of listening too, just want to thank the GFW crew for easing my work days, and bringing me back to the PC gaming fold. Steam is honestly too good, with its multitude of (mostly) fairly priced games, so I already have a PC backlog. Wish Puzzle Quest was on Steam as I love Peggle, and Ryan and Jeff and it wound weirdly fun.

1-D_FTW

calder said:
I love how his friends/guests are now openly ripping him on his own podcast. At first I guess they were just too polite or else just surprised to be on a podcast, but now Cousin Sal and the rest mock him for having too much money, the easiest job ever and getting to cheer for the obnoxiously successful Boston teams. :lol

Best burn on that podcast was in one of the last few when Jack-o congratulated him for successfully lowering his voice 3 full octaves for the podcast, and that his fake radio voice was much better than his normal "high falsetto". :lol I laughed simply because I was a little surprised teh first time I heard him speak, his voice is a bit high (shamefully, mine is really close to his tbh). I can't wait for a full baseball season of "Johnny are you worried?", that shit was gold.

The only other podcast I listen to too. I think everyone of his readers roots against all Boston teams just on the hope they'll finally lose and he can moan a little. I was laughing when the Giants fan said he'd rather the Packers go to the Superbowl if it meant they could beat the Patriots.

EDIT: Not that that's the only reason I root against Boston teams. Their fans are obnoxious and I like to see them cry. Or cry and say they hate New York teams cause their fans are so obnoxious.

FartOfWar

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Here's the write-up:

I'll buy it at retail as soon as I can. I can't wait to play it. This just means no more previews until then.

FartOfWar said:
I'll buy it at retail as soon as I can. I can't wait to play it. This just means no more previews until then.
Shawn, do you know anything about how they're doing multiplayer in Hell's Highway? I was addicted to Road to Hill 30 multiplayer something fierce back in the day.

Top Bottom