• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

97.5 The Brodeo- January 16, 2008 (aka The "Bobito's Back!" Episode)

FartOfWar

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Got a link to that TF2 grief video?

Demian wants to use it for a gamevideos project so we have to wait for legal clearance. If that fails Rory can just post it as a usersubmitted job.

fallout

Jeff, on the subject of a Star Trek MMO, you made the point that it wouldn't work because of what Star Trek was about. The counterpoint I would make to that is WoW. It was made from an RTS, where you basically took players from the god-mode view to being the little peons running around chopping trees.

Demonius O man did i play THAT guy couple weeks ago? I was playing in the presence of genius! this will be a nice gold mine of entertainment for my coworkers

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
C4Lukins said:
Jeff is bugging me with his over simplification of Puzzle Quest. I want to kick him in the knee.

Haha--yeah. I was oversimplifying for sure. Would it make you feel better to know I wasted the entire afternoon playing it today?

And our apologies for the low energy this week. We weren't "feelin' it" for a lot of the show, mostly from being burnt out.

--Black Dragon

C4Lukins

DevelopmentArrested said:
He is right though.

I don't think so. The sum of Puzzle Quests parts is a ton more fun then Bejeweled. It is essentially a pretty simplistic rpg where you play a more complex version of Bejeweled simply as your battle system in the game. You can reduce any rpg to its battle screen alone, but I do not think that makes for a compelling argument.

JeffGreen said:
Haha--yeah. I was oversimplifying for sure. Would it make you feel better to know I wasted the entire afternoon playing it today?

And our apologies for the low energy this week. We weren't "feelin' it" for a lot of the show, mostly from being burnt out.

--Black Dragon

Yes I feel better now. I still want to kick you in the knee though.

lexi

Banned
FartOfWar said:

6poygic.jpg

I recoiled in disgust when he belches. Holy shit.

Mindlog

There was a British movie with a priest fighting zombies in a graveyard. During the fight he rips a zombie's arms off and beats them with it.

Anyone know the name of that movie?

king

Banned
FartOfWar said:
Demian wants to use it for a gamevideos project so we have to wait for legal clearance. If that fails Rory can just post it as a usersubmitted job.
why doesnt this rory go on the show?
i feel like hed be good

Allen

just to note, don't talk about Sony Ps2 (or ps 3) and Xbox to me. I am nintendo fan boy and only gamer. So Please don't waste your typing on talking about gay ass sony and microcock because nintendo is for TRUE gamers. Oh and halo is gay, I hate it and don't like it so don't talk to be about how great it is,Doom is a far superior game, always have been and always will be.

From his MySpace ...

:lol

FartOfWar said:

I admit that I only made it through a few minutes of one clip, but I really, really want to smash his fucking head open.

I don't know anything about that Stark Trek MMO, and I don't play MMOs. But if you're going to use that license, why would you not make the ship the avatar instead of a person? Level up and you add to your ship; make the classes based on 'weight classes' for types of ships. Too easy, I guess--better to make people run around planets killing slugs.

ArtG

I know you guys tried to be as respectful as you could be to davemaster, but I don't know...Seemed like you kind of went overboard on the guy. I was kind of shocked to hear you guys mention him because I met him over at his GameSpot page, and figured you must have been talking about someone else--sure enough, it was the same guy.

He's really a nice guy and since I knew the guy in some capacity, and it just kind of bugged me that you would go to such lengths to make a joke about a retarded guy. I don't want to come off as someone as a bug up my ass, but you are all funny, intelligent guys...Do you have to make jokes about him sniffling/coughing, do impressions of him, or say that he basically took money from that women's purse?

I've watched the video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=w7c3SfWm7Eo) you guys mentioned, and it's pretty clear that he says that "she" gave him $70. He mentioned no one prior to saying that, so I think it'd be pretty rational to assume that the lady gave him $70 because he did the right thing and returned the purse. Probably was just an error, but whatever, I'd just like to put that out there and make it clear to people.

I know you guys didn't mean any harm, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. I just don't think it's cool to make actual handicapped person a butt of a joke when there are plenty of stupid asses out there (like Demonius, for example) that are much more deserving of that kind of treatment.

Scarecrow

Mindlog said:
There was a British movie with a priest fighting zombies in a graveyard. During the fight he rips a zombie's arms off and beats them with it.

Possibly "Dead Alive". Does the priest say, "I kick ass... FOR THE LORD!!"? That's Dead Alive.

maladroid

traveler said:
Thanks, and that sucks. I recall hereing someone at 1up say the new BiA was their most anticipated game of the year. Don't remember who, though. (Garnett?)

Yeah, Garnett said it on 1UP Yours. He got ripped for it because everybody else was saying LBP and MGS4. It was the 'PS3 has a soul' podcast.

Wait, Menstrual Blood Magic?

Mindlog said:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Peter Jackson's Braindead (Dead Alive in North America).

The Second Life story was fuckin awesome Shawn
Great Podcast GFW Crew you guys are still the best podcast around
Also.....
Dildo Rain
That is all

Top Bottom