• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

97.5 The Brodeo- January 16, 2008 (aka The "Bobito's Back!" Episode)

eznark

Banned
Idioteque said:
Demonius sounds like he listen to alot of coast to coast am.

If he ever starts talking about hollow earth, you can count me as a Demonius convert.

That's a heck of an idea! Just find some coast to coast audio (especially some Jesus was a rogue martian stuff) and play that in game.

Yet again, great show.

Jacobi

Banned
I admit to wanting to play Second Life now... But when I played it once, it wasn't nearly as awesome as Shawn described

ThePeter

This whole prank thing with Demonius is brilliant and is along the lines of what I've been doing for some time now. +to bring this full circle I'd like to say that I've been griefing people and whatnot with GFW radio itself. You get some pretty cool results.

DangerStepp

The podcast was superb as always, gentlemen. Keep up the great work. I'm also enjoying the Feb. issue of GFW. I'm loving the 'lost pc games' feature because I have a weird nostalgic thing for canceled/lost/delayed games.

And Jeff, you're doomed to be known as 'The Black Dragon' from now on. But hey, think of how cool it's going to be when you're in a grocery store and some kid with his mom points and says, "Mom, look! It's The Black Dragon!" So many heads on going to turn.

On the subject of the Demonius videos... I'm pretty sure I can confirm that he is wearing a Big Dogs shirt. Yes!

Cdammen

Ryan's Bejeweled / Puzzle Quest slip up made me burst into laughter whilst grocery shopping. Got some strange looks from the people in the aisle :lol

Ristamar

Loved the Payless Shoes "Lower East Side" brand reference by Shawn (along with the rest of the story). Some of my friends and I used to wear that shit when were skating a lot in the mid 90's. Wasn't worth spending $60+ on shoes when you'd rip them open in 3 days.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
eznark said:
If he ever starts talking about hollow earth, you can count me as a Demonius convert.

That's a heck of an idea! Just find some coast to coast audio (especially some Jesus was a rogue martian stuff) and play that in game.

Yet again, great show.

Didn't Prey have some coast to coast audio in it?

DangerStepp said:
On the subject of the Demonius videos... I'm pretty sure I can confirm that he is wearing a Big Dogs shirt. Yes!

Oh, shit. I had completely forgotten about these. I never owned one myself, but I was a little envious of those who could afford specialized shirts like that [not of the shirts themselves, that is].

I've seen those vids of the Second Life stuff, the guy with the giant penis thrust at everyone and the raining giant red penis' one as well. :lol

FartOfWar

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
I've seen those vids of the Second Life stuff, the guy with the giant penis thrust at everyone and the raining giant red penis' one as well. :lol

I might have some footage from it at work. Don't get your hopes up, but I'll look for it.

I kind of agree with Shawn in the sense that it is fun to do something in a game that isnt really the main point of the game.

like, I think last year I didnt even play one real Counter Strike game, all I did was play on surf levels (using physics to 'surf', its kind of wierd to explain) and had a lot of fun with that. Recently im also just playing a CS game that is only death match and the way it works is you start out with the better weapons and slowly move down to the worst weapons and you have to get a kill to advance. Basically you start with an AWP and down one of the later levels is having to kill someone only with a grenade. To me that is so much more fun than actual CS right now. If someone made a full game based on that or surfing, I doubt It would even pay attention to it.

Did anyone else think of JRPGs when the crew were discussing the "punk" mentality of gamers? All I could think of is console gamers who think that RPGs have to have linear progression and effeminate character designs.

DangerStepp

Captain Glanton said:
Oh, shit. I had completely forgotten about these. I never owned one myself, but I was a little envious of those who could afford specialized shirts like that [not of the shirts themselves, that is].
2434.jpg

I have not the words.

FartOfWar

Banned
I just found a small clip from the Second Life prostitute ish, but Jeff says I can't post it. : ) Considering it involves an SL blowjob in a shitty crack hotel, I'd say he's right.

madmook

FartOfWar said:
I just found a small clip from the Second Life prostitute ish, but Jeff says I can't post it. : ) Considering it involves an SL blowjob in a shitty crack hotel, I'd say he's right.
Clip on your computer, or clip somewhere on the internet? If internet, pm link pls.

Mindlog

I was curious about some of that second life chicanery, came across this amusing excerpt.

http://www.news.com/Virtual-magnate-shares-secrets-of-success/2008-1043_3-6144967.html
"But for anyone who has spent significant time in Second Life, the number seems all too possible, given Chung's dominance of the land market there.

On Monday, Graef visited CNET's Second Life bureau for a discussion about her business, how best to set up businesses in Second Life and the nature of competition there.

Unfortunately, as the interview was commencing, the event was attacked by a "griefer," someone intent on disrupting the proceedings. The griefer managed to assault the CNET theater for 15 minutes with--well, there's no way to say this delicately--animated flying penises. "

http://gamepolitics.com/2006/12/21/second-life-event-interrupted-by-flying-penis-attack/

game politics finally led me to the SA thread/article. I probably should have just started there.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/second-life-safari/room-101-vs.php
Page 3 has an excellent video. Beware of the virtual purple dongs.
Also, some not so virtual dongs.

FartOfWar said:

What a prude

DangerStepp said:
2434.jpg

I have not the words.

Erm, I think that's a newer one. I'm talking about something like this:

Except I couldn't find any images of what I'm thinking of. They were surfing-themed, sometimes, but they'd have some enormous, five-story dog and tiny people saying, "Now that's a big dog!" Awful in that 1980s way, but no "Get 'her done!" stuff.

Kestastrophe said:
What a prude

Sounds like Jeff has a new nickname.

FartOfWar

Banned
SAF did some amazing work with the Bid Dogs theme. Let me see if I can find the illest links.

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/russ/goldmine23/docevil.jpg

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/russ/goldmine23/docevil2.jpg

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/russ/goldmine23/hallnoatesmom.jpg

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/russ/goldmine23/letsgoteam2.jpg

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/russ/goldmine23/letsgoteam3.jpg

Still searching for the illest of them all. It's not work safe though so I'll have to PM people when i find it. It is among the funniest things I've ever seen.

Oh God, Big Dogs shirts. Everyone used to wear that shit in my middle school; those shirts were huge. Those, and:
phat.jpg

Big Dogs and And-1. Proof positive that 13-year-olds have shit taste.

EDIT: add me to the PM list :D

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
If Shawn can put like at least three more degrees of separation between those vids and Ziff, so it can't be traced back to us, and then he doesn't tell me he did it, and then I didn't find out that he did it, then I'd say it'd be cool for him to post 'em. :)

DangerStepp

I AM JOHN! said:
Oh God, Big Dogs shirts. Everyone used to wear that shit in my middle school; those shirts were huge. Those, and:
phat.jpg

Big Dogs and And-1. Proof positive that 13-year-olds have shit taste.

EDIT: add me to the PM list :D
That's weird... that's the exact same time period people at my school wore them. 6th-8th grade. Small world, huh?

(from the official site)
t2811.jpg

JeffGreen said:
If Shawn can put like at least three more degrees of separation between those vids and Ziff, so it can't be traced back to us, and then he doesn't tell me he did it, and then I didn't find out that he did it, then I'd say it'd be cool for him to post 'em. :)
Jeff Green. Master of the Loophole.

Great episode, nice to hear Bobito is back.
-Jeff, does your wife call you black dragon?
-Wow at how much Ryan talked.
-I remember the Second Life feature Shawn worked on. There was a 1up Show segment about it IIRC. His story makes me want to play it with my buddy, so we can fuck with people.
If possible I want to get a PM of those too. :D

Rolf NB

Speaking of Wii Sports boxing, did that receive a rebalancing patch while I wasn't looking?
A few boxing matches and working the bag was part of my daily routine last summer, but it somehoe was way way harder then. I was stuck a at a little above 1500 skill points, and every time I'd fight my opponent would be Matt (the trainer, presumably), and he'd be hard to defeat.
Now after half a year of not touching the game, first thing I do is beat him in the first round. Now I'm fighting Shinnusuke, Ryan, Chris, Mike and a bunch of other guys I've never seen until today, and I apparently have a good chance at beating them. I've stopped now because my arms are getting tired, but I'm at 1807 skill points already.

eznark

Banned
JeffGreen said:

sounds simple enough.

I never played Prey, by the way, what coast to coast do they play? I play it in my office all the time (record it from XM) and then shout at my co workers about thunderbirds and chupacabras and the hollow earth civilizaion. It's no dildo rain, but at least I get to see their faces!

border

They probably ended up talking more about the Crysis review than the game itself (which is apparently good but has a bad final act).

EDIT: Errrr, I said "Stalker" when I meant "Crysis" :lol

border

Nobody besides Shawn had played Crysis at the time, and they probably didn't want to spoil it either.....so I assume they will have a postmortem or something a few weeks/months down the line (as they recently did with HL2/Portal).

subrock

oh god, lol dogs are upon us. remember in like 2001 when we were all like "the 80's will never come back" I thought that about lolcats turning into loldogs.

Jacobi

Banned
Add me into the pm list, if it exists.

Are there any videos, pics or articles about the bouncing ball incident btw? Google and Youtube told me nothing about it

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
what a fantastic podcast.

and i must see this second life video. gfw's trademark in my life is nearly making me fall off the treadmill laughing while i'm trying to listen and run

FartOfWar

Banned
OK, the DemoniusX vid is gonna be in limbo indefinitely until we get word from legal on our ability to play youtube audio in TF2 and then tape it (how can this possibly be prohibited?)

Until then i want to show at least a few of you the file but you have to assure me that you will not share or host the file anywhere at any time.

FartOfWar said:
OK, the DemoniusX vid is gonna be in limbo indefinitely until we get word from legal on our ability to play youtube audio in TF2 and then tape it (how can this possibly be prohibited?)

Until then i want to show at least a few of you the file but you have to assure me that you will not share or host the file anywhere at any time.

You can trust me...possibly...no really I wouldn't post that shit anywhere

FartOfWar said:

I promise I wont share them with anyone.

Im usually pretty nice about sharing, but I will be greedy in this situation.

Top Bottom