• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee season 2 HYPE thread of watch this show folks - it's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Press release via TVbtN: Cinemax Confirms January 10 Premiere for Season 2 of 'Banshee'
EMMY®-WINNING SERIES BANSHEE RETURNS FOR

SECOND SEASON JAN. 10, EXCLUSIVELY ON CINEMAX

NEW YORK, Oct. 17, 2013 – BANSHEE returns for its ten-episode second season FRIDAY, JAN. 10 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), it was announced today by CINEMAX. The Emmy®-winning series is executive produced by Alan Ball, Peter Macdissi, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler and Greg Yaitanes.

The series stars Antony Starr (“Rush”) as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pa., where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Other returning cast regulars include Ivana Milicevic (HBO’s “The Mind of the Married Man,” “Charlie’s Angels”) as Carrie Hopewell, a notorious jewel thief who now lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with her new family, who knows nothing of her past; Ulrich Thomsen (“The Celebration”) as Kai Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy businessman who believes he is above the law; and Frankie Faison (“The Good Wife,” HBO’s “The Wire”) as Sugar Bates, a powerful and wise former boxer and ex-con who is now the owner of the local watering hole.

Returning cast regulars also include Rus Blackwell (“Burn Notice,” HBO’s “Recount”) as Banshee’s district attorney, Gordon Hopewell, a Gulf War hero who is married to Carrie; Ryann Shane (“Blue Bloods”) as Deva Hopewell, Carrie and Gordon’s rebellious daughter; Ben Cross (“Star Trek,” “Ben Hur”) as Mr. Rabbit, a ruthless Ukrainian gangster who has been hunting Lucas and Carrie, his former top thieves, for 15 years; and Anthony Ruivivar (“Southland,” “Third Watch”) as Alex Longshadow, the son of Kinaho Tribe Chief Benjamin Longshadow. Odette Annable (“House M.D.,” “Cloverfield”) returns as Native American assassin Nola Longshadow.

New guest stars include Zeljko Ivanek (“Damages,” “Seven Psychopaths,” HBO’s “True Blood”) as Jim Racine,
a chain-smoking, renegade FBI agent who has been tracking Rabbit for 15 years
; Tatanka Means (“The Host,” “Tiger Eyes”) as Hoyt Rivers,
head of security for Alex Longshadow
; and Julian Sands (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” “24”), as
Rabbit’s younger brother, a brilliant, devout and amoral Ukrainian priest who is just as dangerous.

EDIT:
klB5JoQ.jpg

allisolm

Neo Member
I have to admit that I'm so tired of seeing Zeljko Ivanek in EVERY crime/drama show.
He's a good actor, but seeing him so much kind of takes me out of it by associating him with the tons of other characters he's been. And he's not exactly versatile.
I liked that the show was basically comprised of a bunch of people I haven't seen a million times before.
I can't wait for it to start again, it was high on my list of best new shows!

JdFoX187

Banned
A show that came out of nowhere to me. I started watching thanks to GAF hype and I was not disappointed. Thank you, GAF.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ausiello: I strongly encourage you to refresh the hell out of TVLine’s homepage Thursday because at some point between 9 am and 6 pm EST I’ll be posting the Cinemax hit’s first Season 2 trailer.

Source

Also,

I offer you two tantalizing tidbits courtesy of exec producer Greg Yaitanes:
“Season 2 is going to begin about a week after Season 1 left off”
and
“The finale of Season 2 is the best thing I’ve ever made.”

Jm1vkuY.gif

Sean

Banned
Trailer is out: http://tvline.com/2013/11/21/banshee-season-2-trailer-video-spoilers/

Looks incredible.

“It’s not just a movie, it’s ten movies,” declares exec producer Greg Yaitanes of the following 100-second preview. “It really shows off what the season’s going to promise, and yet it doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of how incredible it is.”

Borrowing a quote from Banshee co-creator Jonathan Tropper, Yaitanes adds, “Every episode this season is 50 percent better than the best episode from last year.”

Trailer looks great. The show looked good last season, but it seems like they've raised the bar a few notches on the visuals - nice cinematography.

Decado

That looks intense. I can't wait. Anyone else feel that the truly awesome/interesting shows are all front-loaded in the first half of the year?

Now, this being Skinemax, beyond being a great thriller/action show I really hope we get to see Deputy Kelly and the hot Native American girl (who was introduced late in the 1st season) naked. :D

My only concern is that the Sharif has a bad case of oneitis and the T&A quota suffers :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I'm not watching it, but I'll take your word for it. :p

Also,

Yaitanes adds, “Every episode this season is 50 percent better than the best episode from last year.”

WAT :O

Anyone else feel that the truly awesome/interesting shows are all front-loaded in the first half of the year?

Well, we're hearing a lot about the Q1/Q2 shows now because it's almost time for those shows to premiere. We don't really have the full picture yet for the summer and fall of next year, but I'm sure those seasons will kick ass too. :D

Decado

Well, we're hearing a lot about the Q1/Q2 shows now because it's almost time for those shows to premiere. We don't really have the full picture yet for the summer and fall of next year, but I'm sure those seasons will kick ass too. :D

It's not just next year, it's this year as well, and the years prior. It's been a while since a show premiered in the Fall that really captured my interest (TWD and Boardwalk Empire).They seem to be the more "safe" shows and a lot of stuff from the networks.

This year there were four or so *new* shows than premiered between January and July that I was really happy with. After that? None. The year before was slower, still nothing from the Fall. Next year has more than a few new shows that I'm pretty keen on premiering during that Jan-July slot, yet once again, I can't think of anything coming out in the Fall.

I'm interested to see what Cinemax has in store, particularly since Strike Back ends next year. Nothing else on the plate looks as interesting as SB or Banshee, so here's hoping they have more in the pipeline.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's not just next year, it's this year as well, and the years prior. It's been a while since a show premiered in the Fall that really captured my interest (TWD and Boardwalk Empire).They seem to be the more "safe" shows and a lot of stuff from the networks.

This fall has been pretty good IMO. Masters of Sex is one of the best new shows of the year.

This year there were four or so *new* shows than premiered between January and July that I was really happy with. After that? None.

What were the 4 shows?

I can't think of anything coming out in the Fall.

Because the fall schedule hasn't been released (or even finalized) yet. :p

I'm interested to see what Cinemax has in store, particularly since Strike Back ends next year. Nothing else on the plate looks as interesting as SB or Banshee, so here's hoping they have more in the pipeline.

The Hunted movie/mini/limited/event series and The Knick! Also, they've got a ton of things in development, all of which sound pretty awesome. I am curious to see which ones they pick up though. Outcast, Quarry and the Scandinavian Western thing all seem like frontrunners to me.

I had the pleasure of working on this show as background a whole bunch as it filmed in North Carolina. I can't wait for January! I'll go into details about working on each episode after it airs, but here's a pic I took on set that reveals absolutely nothing.

It has been my favorite set experience thus far, and I even got to improv dialogue with some of the actors! Best crew, catering, and cast I've ever worked with.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I had the pleasure of working on this show as background a whole bunch as it filmed in North Carolina. I can't wait for January! I'll go into details about working on each episode after it airs, but here's a pic I took on set that reveals absolutely nothing.

It has been my favorite set experience thus far, and I even got to improv dialogue with some of the actors! Best crew, catering, and cast I've ever worked with.

Wow, our very own Banshee insider!! :O SPILL IT!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Haha, I believe Antony Starr also raved about how awesome the catering was compared to the typically small afair you'd find in New Zeland productions.

PS: Tell us about Job. And Rebecca. And everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom