• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 2 - Fridays on Cinemax (S3 trailer up, see post #937)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
- Banshee S3 trailer (please spoiler tag discussion as appropriate)

trailer is balls out crazy

I just finished season (finally) and yeah, S2 was nowhere near as good as S1, finale was ok. Im glad they are done with rabbit, they should have been done in S1 really. More Proctor and Indians please (which is exactly what S3 seems to be)

haha. Late to the party. Has any male character had a better string of ladies than sheriff Holt? Seriously! Girls on this show r too damn hot. This show fills the Spartacus void. With The Knick being the best show this year, and now appreciating the fun Banshee, Cinemax is on my radar.

Press Release on S3. I think most of this is known information, but I'll post it anyway for completeness. This is coming up soon!
Cinemax PR said:
EMMY®-WINNING SERIES BANSHEE RETURNS FOR

THIRD SEASON JAN. 9, EXCLUSIVELY ON CINEMAX

BANSHEE returns for its ten-episode third season FRIDAY, JAN. 9 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on CINEMAX. The Emmy®-winning show is executive produced by Jonathan Tropper, Peter Macdissi, Alan Ball and Greg Yaitanes.

The show stars Antony Starr (“Wish You Were Here”) as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pa., where he continues his criminal pursuits while enforcing his own code of justice.

Other returning cast regulars include: Ivana Milicevic (“Untitled Cameron Crowe Project,” HBO’s “Mind of the Married Man”) as Carrie Hopewell, a notorious jewel thief who lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with her family, which has recently learned of her criminal past; Ulrich Thomsen (“The Celebration”) as Kai Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy businessman who believes he is above the law; Frankie Faison (“The Good Wife,” HBO’s “The Wire”) as Sugar Bates, a powerful and wise former boxer and ex-con who is now the owner of the local watering hole; and Hoon Lee (“The Blacklist”) as Job, a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas and Carrie in their criminal enterprises.

Returning cast regulars also include: Rus Blackwell (HBO’s “Recount”) as Gordon Hopewell, Banshee’s district attorney-turned-mayor; Matt Servitto (HBO’s “The Sopranos”) as Brock Lotus, Lucas’ long-suffering veteran deputy; Trieste Kelly Dunn (“Brothers and Sisters”) as Siobhan Kelly, Lucas’s deputy and new girlfriend; Ryann Shane (“Blue Bloods”) as Deva, the Hopewell’s daughter, who is rattled after learning that Lucas fathered her; Lili Simmons (HBO’s “True Detective”) as Rebecca Bowman, who has been taken under the wing of her uncle, Kai Proctor, and is looking to assume a larger role in his criminal activities; Odette Annable (“House, M.D.”) as Nola Longshadow, a Native American assassin out to avenge her brother’s killing; and Geno Segers (“Teen Wolf”) as Chayton Littlestone, the Kinaho tribe’s imposing leader.

New cast regulars include Langley Kirkwood (“Black Sails”) as Col. Douglas Stowe, a duplicitous Marine leader, and Afton Williamson (“Nashville”) as Alison Medding, Banshee’s new assistant district attorney.

New guest stars include Denis O’Hare (HBO’s “True Blood”; “American Horror Story”) as FBI Special Agent Robert Phillips, looking to bring Lucas to justice; Chaske Spencer (“Twilight: New Moon”) as Billy Raven, a Kinaho tribe member hired as a new deputy; Tom Pelphrey as Kurt Bunker, a reformed skinhead who applies for The Job of deputy at the Banshee sheriff’s department; and Meaghan Rath as Aimee King, the last remaining deputy at the corruption-riddled Kinaho Reservation police department.

Also:
Sepinwall said:
The Banshee s3 premiere (1/9) is the usual ridiculous/wonderful blend of sex and the old ultra-violence.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
yisss

edit: jifssss

32VZGEe.gif
UtI5Nay.gif
burton2ckcj5.gif
banshee-3.gif
rebecca3spqkw.gif

IMO, this is the best show on tv at the moment, and probably in the last several years. Such a huge fan, can't wait for it to return. That S3 trailer looks badass, but isn't every episode in this dang show?! :)
Hooked a friend on it recently, now that its on HBO in Canada it'll get a ton more exposure.

- Sepinwall: Get ready for a special 'Banshee' event in LA, plus an exclusive clip
A few days after season 3 premieres, I'll be moderating a Q&A with Milicevic, "Banshee" co-creator Jonathan Tropper and executive producer Greg Yaitanes, which will be preceded by a screening of the season's second episode, a few nights before it airs on Cinemax. It'll be at The Landmark Theaters in LA, starting at 7 p.m. on January 14, and you can sign up now for a seat at http://www.hitfix.com/banshee. In addition to the screening and Q&A, there will also be special "Banshee" and HitFix-themed giveaways. You have to RSVP in advance; no tickets will be given out day of the event.
There's also a clip via the link. Please spoiler tag discussion of the sneak peek.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
My friend back home in NC works on the set of this show, I guess I owe it to her to start watching this.

Sepinwall on S3 for HitFix's 2015 preview:
"Banshee" (Cinemax, Jan. 9)

The unapologetic pulp drama begins its third season with
the return of one of the most memorable villains from its second: Chayton Littlestone (Geno Segers), the granite statuesque leader of a Native American gang, who's returned to Banshee to wage full-out war on Sheriff Hood, Kai Proctor, and maybe even the U.S. Army itself.
The six episodes I've seen continue the delirious, action-packed pace of the previous two seasons, and the fifth hour, set entirely at Banshee police headquarters, is an early contender for any Best Episodes of 2015 list. The series' big bad, Rabbit, is dead, but "Banshee" is only getting better.

Wiktor

That's what happens when tax credits are eliminated sadly. :(

I don't get why they would eliminate them in most cases like those. I mean...if crews move you get no taxes at all. Smaller taxes is surely better than no taxes, especially since TV productions also bring a lot of jobs and well paid people into those towns.

Is there something I'm missing or is it all about dumb politics?

ramuh

I don't get why they would eliminate them in most cases like those. I mean...if crews move you get no taxes at all. Smaller taxes is surely better than no taxes, especially since TV productions also bring a lot of jobs and well paid people into those towns.

Is there something I'm missing or is it all about dumb politics?

The same issues popped up in Baltimore with the filming of House of Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom