• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So airport scene does seem to be the last "fight". Shame on that part, looks too clean for a fight but I'm keen.

Can we get these Russo peeps on DC? Please?

Glad to read these very positive comments about the movie, really can't wait to see the movie now, especially after the disappointment of Batman v Superman, which really should have been an amazing epic movie, I was a tiny bit worried Civil War would be a bit of a let down too.

Guess I should have known Marvel and the Russo's would deliver something great, after their work on Winter Solider, which is still one of the best comic book movies ever made, in my opinion.

Alienous

When Kristian Harloff is that happy, you know it's good.

2VqXKZ3.jpg

Isn't that woman on the left a presenter for DC All Access?

So hyped. Honestly the Phase 3 film I am most looking forward too. So happy we're getting it so soon. So glad to hear about BP, about half the reason I'm so hyped for this film is because of him.

Dr.JayP

I don't care whether these are critic or fan impressions, I AM SO HYPED!

That one guy comparing it to Spider-Man 2...yesssssss!

This is gonna be the best MCU film. Book it. Take all my money Marvel.

shingi70

Banned
Man came out of Batman v superman for the 2nd time yesterday and still liked it. However I have no doubts that this will blow it out the water.

I see a few impressions calling Zemo week, I wonder if his plan is weirdly similar to lex's from bvs and the fact that the rumors
indicate him being the new doctor doom and getting away with his crimes Scott free.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So hyped. Honestly the Phase 3 film I am most looking forward too. So happy we're getting it so soon. So glad to hear about BP, about half the reason I'm so hyped for this film is because of him.

i know

i can't believe this is all happening

MCU why are you so good to us

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I care about, is if the movie is on par with Winter Soldier or better. Avengers 2 was underwhelming compared to the first one.

@anyone here who has seen the movie. Did it a better job meeting your expectations than Avengers 2 compared to Avengers 1?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
the Spideman 2 tweet got me mega impressed

god bless the Russos. Marvel's cast and crew people are geniuses

KodaRuss

I really dont think I can take this. We still have almost a month until it releases. Damn this is going to be a long wait.

#TeamCap

Spinluck

Doc Ock is better than the majority of MCU villains, tbh. Only Loki comes close.

Loki and Bucky were the only good Marvel villains.

They've got some work to do on that front. I'm sure I'll enjoy CW, but if the villain (whoever it may be) sucks again. I'll be a bit disappointed. The villains are just as important to the lore imo. Do them some damn justice.

Anyway, I'm trying to refrain from the hype. Glad people are loving Spidey and Panther. What a time to live friends!

Hagi

If Zemo is just another Strucker then that's really shitty. I'd like a villain to be more than just a fart in the wind for once.

Really looking forward to seeing Panther.

Kain

Remember when DC were so proud of announcing BvS, WW, Aquaman, Flash and JL movies and then the next day Marvel announced Phase 3? We are at the beginning of it. With Spiderman in the middle. I can't

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Loki and Bucky were the only good Marvel villains.

They've got some work to do on that front. I'm sure I'll enjoy CW, but if the villain (whoever it may be) sucks again. I'll be a bit disappointed. The villains are just as important to the lore imo. Do them some damn justice.

Man it really bugs me that they have such good/great actors as villains but they almost never deliver. Since Perlmutter is gone I hope that this is one of the things that will be improved first, it should begin with Dr. Strange as Civil War was too far into production when that happened.
I expected that the Villain would be disappointing since it's in almost every MCU movie the same, so not a huge downer for me (yet).

I actually think AoU is better than the first one. Better dialogue, better understanding of characters, not as many pieces to juggle, a better villain (I'm not as big a fan as Loki as everyone else seems to be), it looks better...

Both are 6/10 movies for me. But I think AoU is marginally better.

Spinluck

Sony, I know you have final creative decision regarding spiderman movie, but you'd better follow whatever marvel say to you, I hope they realize how lucky they are to have Marvel do all the heavylifting to make a great SpiderMan.

New Spiderman movie could be a huge hit if they did it right.

Edit: And I hope Fox see this and maybe start thinking to do the same deal with Fantastic Four.

So, on top of probably being one of the highlights of this film, and having other MCU heroes appear in his film. It's safe to say that MCU Spidey will gross $1 billion+ without breaking a sweat.

Guess Sony will get that Spidey money that has been eluding them now that they're no longer in their own way.

XAL

So, on top of probably being one of the highlights of this film, and having other MCU heroes appear in his film. It's safe to say that MCU Spidey will gross $1 billion+ without breaking a sweat.

Guess Sony will get that Spidey money that has been eluding them now that they're no longer in their own way.

I wouldn't underestimate ego and bad creative decisions, I think Marvel is allowed to have a vote in decisions about the solo Spider-Man movie but ultimately Sony has all the creative control.

They can still fuck themselves by doing the same stupid shit.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
This could've been us WB, but'choo playin'. Can't wait to see this. I need to wash the bad taste of cynicism and allegorical nonsense from my mouth.

At this point it looks like the Russos' career arc is going in the opposite direction to Synder's, which is a huge shame. I'm willing to bet Disney and Marvel has far more faith in Infinity War than WB and DC have in JLA.

The sad thing is, Disney and Marvel - while not being original in their approach - got this far by staying in their lane and not trying to follow anything other than their own plan. Deadpool worked because it did the same thing, in a different way. WB's trying to take shortcuts based on what everyone else is doing, and it's causing more harm than good.

I'd love to have amazing movies in both universes.

Magwik

Banned
The IGN impressions seems like the only dude who didn't go in full of glee and pre-release hype, so I'll be rolling with his impressions.
Sounds like Zemo gets thrown in the trashbin, which is incredibly disappointing and a complete waste.

Altazor

those Black Panther and Spidey impressions, hnnnggghh. Hype!

blah blah Marvel paid off those reviewers blah blah conspiracy blah blah

Spidey and BP impressions are making me so excited.

Don't really care the villain isnt the strongest. It's just something I've come to accept now and I hope Zemos inclusion doesnt detract as the Civil War story line doesn't need a strong villain (or a villain) to begin with IMO.

Spinluck

Spidey and BP impressions are making me so excited.

Don't really care the villain isnt the strongest. It's just something I've come to accept now and I hope Zemos inclusion doesnt detract as the Civil War story line doesn't need a strong villain (or a villain) to begin with IMO.

I'd be ok if Zemo was there to be set up for other appearances. It'd soften the blow.

If he's one and done here, and just wasted then Marvel clearly has their mind set on sticking to what has worked for them I guess.

The IGN impressions seems like the only dude who didn't go in full of glee and pre-release hype, so I'll be rolling with his impressions.
Sounds like Zemo gets thrown in the trashbin, which is incredibly disappointing and a complete waste.

Not sure how that works, going in with high expectations sets the bar for a movie to surpass even high.

For instance, I came into BvS not expecting much, and still came out pretty sad about what I had just watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom