• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

this is already up for preorder, i saw the PS4 version on bestbuy.ca, so definitely not an exclusive.

edit:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=995a342945f4c1a5ea2a9be552cf8adden02

theres some in-game screenshots I haven't seen yet that is on the product page in that link, check them out guys.
Nice find, the product description pretty much puts the speculation to rest.

PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system

I mean this game looks awesome and I will absolutely buy it, but I was just hoping their new game to be revealed at E3 was MGR2... Oh well.

jacobeid

Banned
Well...
db745a87c5f91bf04918e4bca900b745_l.jpg

It was the name of a comic story/arc years ago :p

Yup, 100%, and Devastation is a good name, but......

Take a look at the spelling that Best Buy used in their item description. It's a typo, but I got a kick out of it.

Tizoc

Someone make a new thread for this please.
It's releasing in October, good thing the cover looks cool else I would've gotten it digital XP

Yazuka

Gah! Even more games coming out in October! I'll soon need to get a second job to afford them all.
Can't wait until we get to see the game in action.

darthbob

Well he's become akin to Uncle Dante in the comics right now :p
Rodpod_into_the_abyss.jpg

(Please do excuse the art, and yes, he did make a spacecarft modeled after his head)

fuck yeah the Rod Pod

Also, this game's art style really reminds me of the old Dreamwave TF comics.

I can just imagine the crazy Optimus Prime combos they put in, it'll make the moves that the animated movie Prime pulled off look like child's play.

AAK

Activision + Platinum huh?.

I don't trust Activision to at all to give the studio enough time and budget to do the game justice.

Zomba13

I hope it's good and worth a full retail release and not just Korra length with Activision being Activision and making it retail because they know it'll at least sell to Platinum fans.

Korra was good but needed a bigger budget and more dev time so it ended up with simple level designs and a lot of recycled enemies and from the shots so far it looks like this will have limited enemy variations.

Metroplex.
Trypticon. (LOLLLLLLLLL)
Fortress Maximus.
Scorponok (G1).

Size can be inconsistent, but these four were pretty much autobot/decepticon bases.

To my knowledge only Metro, Trypt and Omega Supreme have been featured in Transformers games, none of them playable and all of them appropriately massive (compared to your characters, also Transformers) and lumbering. So it still lines up with what I was saying.

edit: speaking of size inconsistency, Sky Lynx and Astrotrain should have been massive, but were always portrayed as the same size as everyone else in robot mode.

Eh, I doubt any of the toys creator realized or gave a shit about what size a space shuttle is, let alone kids (and that includes me). "It looks like a plane, it must be about as big as a plane... which itself can't be much bigger than a truck". :)

I have no idea how big omega supreme is. no one does.

Or how powerful. Remember how he single-handledly crushed the entire Decepticon army in his comic debut, including megatron? Remember how he is later one shotted by Laserbeak? Good times... :D

triple edit: anyone who can figure out this guy wins the thread

300px-DW_G1Broadside.jpg

That's Broadside; a couple friends of mine included it in their podcast (like a decade ago) about the worst 10 Transformers of all time; to this date we don't know if it's supposed to be able to land on itself or what. I've also always loved this:

BroadsideInstructions.jpg

Maligna

Banned
That's Broadside; a couple friends of mine included it in their podcast (like a decade ago) about the worst 10 Transformers of all time; to this date we don't know if it's supposed to be able to land on itself or what. I've also always loved this:

I think he meant "figure him out" as in how he can be both a plane and a full size air craft carrier. Vast size difference. Even worse than Megatron turning into a gun.

Sanctuary

That's literally the Transformer equivalent of a Gobot.

I think he meant "figure him out" as in how he can be both a plane and a full size air craft carrier. Vast size difference. Even worse than Megatron turning into a gun.

What about Soundwave, Blaster, Perceptor or any of the cassettes?
Plus, even Devastator magically gains a bunch of mass.

popyea

So, now we know that Platinum is working on Scalebound and this game.

How are the chances they're also developing a third game?

I think it could be possible. I'm not sure what sort of changes to team distribution went on, but at one point it looked like they had a team for Bayo 2, a team for Korra, and a team for W101/Scalebound. It's possible that some parts of their bigger teams broke off to form the Korra team. And that potentially leaves enough for them to be developing another game alongside Scalebound, like they did with W101. It all depends on the actual scope of this Transformers game though, I've been assuming it's closer in size to Korra than their other games.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I think it could be possible. I'm not sure what sort of changes to team distribution went on, but at one point it looked like they had a team for Bayo 2, a team for Korra, and a team for W101/Scalebound. It's possible that some parts of their bigger teams broke off to form the Korra team. And that potentially leaves enough for them to be developing another game alongside Scalebound, like they did with W101. It all depends on the actual scope of this Transformers game though, I've been assuming it's closer in size to Korra than their other games.

Naughty Dog has 250 people. SCE Santa Monica has like 200 developers. Each is basically bound to one full production AAA game for PS4/XB1 at a time.

Platinum is lucky to have this second game in development given they have Scalebound hitting full production now. It was much easier last generation.

popyea

Naughty Dog has 250 people. SCE Santa Monica has like 200 developers. Each is basically bound to one full production AAA game for PS4/XB1 at a time.

Platinum is lucky to have this second game in development given they have Scalebound hitting full production now. It was much easier last generation.

Yeah Scalebound could be eating up a lot of their resources, but there was a statement that Microsoft were chipping in to do a lot of the grunt work. Maybe it was enough to free up another team? The apparent news that this new game isn't just a $20 downloadable says otherwise though.

Haha, God, I haven't seen that picture for years.

Ah I see. Yeah, that's also what I meant with whether it is supposed to be able to land on itself. I don't know what it is that makes (or made) us perfectly OK with a 5 meter robot turning into a 30 cm. gun or a 2 cm. bug, but not with a robot having two differently sized alt modes... but the thing is, it does feel that much more ridiculous, for some reason.

Top Bottom